[June 21st & June 22nd] Game Server Disruption [Update 22.06 09:06 UTC]

• Dirtydevil wrote:

This is complete BS - we lost a territory to a single GVG'er because we were locked out of the server but Brazilians were not. Your solution - we have an hour retaliation? Then servers are down for somewhere between half a day and full day. What a crock of crap. You would honestly think Albion was the only game to ever encounter DDOS attacks. Instead of bandaids look in to real solutions.
      Why are you so salty? It's a video game. And on top of that, it's not SBI's fault people are toxic and think it's cool to DDoS. If you think it's so terrible, then why are you not playing RuneScape or something? Instead of being salty about something they had no control over, why not be thankful that you even get to play a game like this in the first place and that the devs are actually trying to fix the issue? They could easily just leave the servers down (I would if I had a playerbase that was quick to talk all this trash when something like this happens), but they are working on getting it fixed so that you don't have to bear the thought of doing something in real life for a while.

Go throw a frisbee around, play another video game, or take a nap. Eventually the servers will come back up and you can stop trash talking them until the next time some idiot decides to be a douchebag and do this again, because we all know you'll blame sandbox again when they do.
    • i mean, i've only been playing this game for less than a week and have met with quite a few issues. im sure the devs are working on it so i might give it a little more time to see how it goes in the future as i understand the attacks are not the dev's fault. but hey, at least it is no where near as bad an experience as my first week in Anthem.
    • Krayzlck wrote:

This game is really fun, but at what point does it get to the point of ridiculousness? Even during the lag compensation week i was getting disconnects constantly. I don't know how i'll feel about this situation tomorrow, but this game is just becoming a time-sink. Compensation is just an excuse to keep people wasting their time so they can lose it again.

BeCaUsE sErVeRs.
      Unless you're a high-end streamer making loads of cash, all video games are a time-sink. You think you're getting something useful out of leveling a character to max on WoW? No. Are you getting anything out of having a 99.0 KDR on Call of Duty? No. Unless you find a way to make it pay out, video games are there to dump time into for the sole purpose of having fun, nothing else. If this game is down, that doesn't make it any more of a time-sink than any other games. If anything, it should encourage you to go outside and get some sun. It's not like you're losing all of your progress because the servers down, so I really don't see what the issue is here.
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Dirtydevil wrote:

This is complete BS - we lost a territory to a single GVG'er because we were locked out of the server but Brazilians were not. Your solution - we have an hour retaliation? Then servers are down for somewhere between half a day and full day. What a crock of crap. You would honestly think Albion was the only game to ever encounter DDOS attacks. Instead of bandaids look in to real solutions.
      Why are you so salty? It's a video game. And on top of that, it's not SBI's fault people are toxic and think it's cool to DDoS. If you think it's so terrible, then why are you not playing RuneScape or something? Instead of being salty about something they had no control over, why not be thankful that you even get to play a game like this in the first place and that the devs are actually trying to fix the issue? They could easily just leave the servers down (I would if I had a playerbase that was quick to talk all this trash when something like this happens), but they are working on getting it fixed so that you don't have to bear the thought of doing something in real life for a while.
      Go throw a frisbee around, play another video game, or take a nap. Eventually the servers will come back up and you can stop trash talking them until the next time some idiot decides to be a douchebag and do this again, because we all know you'll blame sandbox again when they do.
      wth , this company should be gratefull with all the money and support that its gotten from its player base, dont turn tables here, DDOS attacks are nothing new, if they are cheap enough to put bandaids each time, its their fault, plus we lost real money to this terri , we lost time ,we lost motivation to keep playing , dont tell people what to do or how to react, specially when they are messing their product that bad, a product that wasnt free to play for 100 % of the time. a product that has faced this problem many times before, which most of us bought and has invested time in.
    • Dirtydevil wrote:

everyone should've been locked out of albion as only private cables were managing to reach albion servers for around three hours.
      thing is we brazilians always experienced terrible connection to albion servers, so many of us bought private VPN's and shit these last months, so many of us were able to login.
    • For me, who work more than 15 years with networks and specifically combating DDOS attacks on a day-to-day basis, it is very shameful to have to read the message that had to be taken out of service until the attack stop.
      In my opinion, it's just an excuse to cover the real problem, in which the server is not supporting so many players online.
      Or it has a lot of incompetence because a DDOS attack must be blocked in a few minutes.
      At work, depends on the customer I have just 10 min to block a DDOS.
      Suggestion ... change the provider and hire a decent anti-attack service.
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Krayzlck wrote:

This game is really fun, but at what point does it get to the point of ridiculousness? Even during the lag compensation week i was getting disconnects constantly. I don't know how i'll feel about this situation tomorrow, but this game is just becoming a time-sink. Compensation is just an excuse to keep people wasting their time so they can lose it again.

BeCaUsE sErVeRs.
      Unless you're a high-end streamer making loads of cash, all video games are a time-sink. You think you're getting something useful out of leveling a character to max on WoW? No. Are you getting anything out of having a 99.0 KDR on Call of Duty? No. Unless you find a way to make it pay out, video games are there to dump time into for the sole purpose of having fun, nothing else. If this game is down, that doesn't make it any more of a time-sink than any other games. If anything, it should encourage you to go outside and get some sun. It's not like you're losing all of your progress because the servers down, so I really don't see what the issue is here.
      i see you type in here like u were Albions dev team super hero defender, the issue is not shutting the servers entirely down when 90 % of the player base cant play, so terris are lost to 1 man. 10 % player base in a full loot pvp game enviorement it is not fair, so basically the game was shut down to people that didnt pay for a VPN, looks even fishy to me, like a deal set with devs for some people to take advantage

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out insult. ().

• DAMUTJPA wrote:

For me, who work more than 15 years with networks and specifically combating DDOS attacks on a day-to-day basis, it is very shameful to have to read the message that had to be taken out of service until the attack stop.
      In my opinion, it's just an excuse to cover the real problem, in which the server is not supporting so many players online.
      Or it has a lot of incompetence because a DDOS attack must be blocked in a few minutes.
      At work, depends on the customer I have just 10 min to block a DDOS.
      Suggestion ... change the provider and hire a decent anti-attack service.
      or maybe saying its a DDOS attack is just their cover-up excuse for an underlying even more serious issue that they are not willing to reveal.