Albion Online should start a new world / server with quarterly resets like Path of Exile's League Model.

    • Albion Online should start a new world / server with quarterly resets like Path of Exile's League Model.

      1) SBI needs to move towards the POE model of quarterly releases of pure PvE content.
      PvP players are already the core playerbase that doesn't go away. They
      don't need to be catered too (beyond some simple things like Outland
      Outposts, Hideouts, PvP hotspot improvements, and more valuable Royal
      Outposts). The people that mustbe catered to are the meat


      2) The core PvE mechanic shouldn't be the typical MMO slug fests with mobs. It should be speed runs of dungeons.
      A group of 5 that kills a large group of low hp mobs that basically
      kill with 2 AoE Es and a single "rare" monster that requires some single
      target damage. In other words, a "monster pack" mechanic.



      This allows for "new packs" to be released regularly with the new "rare"
      mob having new mechanics to learn. You don't need new dungeon types.
      You just need new random monsters to inhabit those dungeons to create
      variety.



      3) In line with 4, they should introduce "quarterly PvE mechanics" that
      aren't simply new packs of monsters. They could be "evolving" monsters
      that grow in power/loot the longer they are untouched. They could be new
      tags/mechanics for rare monsters. They could be powerful talismans that
      buff players temporarily after killing an unusually powerful rare
      monster. The sky is the limit, they just need to add one every quarter.



      4) Quarterly world resets (except for cosmetics, islands tiers [i.e. the
      buildings/items are cleared], and in-game gold) where people are forced
      to liquidate everything they have and convert it to in-game gold as a
      store of value between resets. This will massively increase the
      demand/value of in-game gold. Turn this game into a competition of
      amassing as much wealth as you can every quarter and fight over the
      scraps of gold for sale to maintain your economic power in the game
      between resets.



      4b) Massively increase the speed at which fame/LP is acquired to make 5
      viable. People should be able to 400/400 a full spec (weapon, armor) in
      120 hours of fame farming. Gathering should be max spec after 120 hours
      of gathering. Etc.


      4c) Maintain the existing game world as the "Standard world" where
      everything that gets "destroyed" gets dumped at the end of each reset.
      No one loses progress. Just one new "world" with regular resets for
      players to enjoy.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

      Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
    • So basically you want to make Albion Online into some kind of Monster Hunter.
      And also I'm pretty sure the gold market prices are based off of the players (Ex: When you sell gold the sell price of gold gets lower and vice versa) so I'm pretty sure that forcing people to unwillingly turn in all their items for a set amount of gold may just destroy the gold market
      and for destroying the entire world, I'm pretty sure that territory resets exist giving new guilds a chance to earn their own territory.

      Overall seems like a crappy idea to me
    • So you want to get 400/400 in a weapon in 120 hours of fame farming. With a proper group you will get 800k/hr fame or above that, meaning that if you strictly fame farmed for 120 hours you will get 96mil pve fame for every item you got. With the amount of combat credits and tomes you will be recieving, you will easily hit 400/400 on your weapon in 120 hours of pure fame farming. But your whole perspective creating this topic is trying to make the game easier in the areas you are inadequate. You are not 400/400 so you blame the system for not being easier. You do not have territories or a gvg team so you want resets so you can try to get some. You don't get to magically get on the same level with the good players who have been playing for a long long time. This mentality sucks: "I am new to this game but look at all the players who are 400/400 now... I am not going to try to get good like they did, I wish there was a server wipe so that I would be on their level and we could all start over yey its a great idea" This is a hardcore PVP game so the developers wont be trying to cater to people who feel like they are not good enough but still wanna have everything. Also, you can not say loyal pvp players who have been playing this game since the beta do not need to be catered just because they won't quit. There is nothing wrong with asking for more PvE content, but the mentality is flawed. I for one would be happy with challenging pve content and unique and hard bosses with difficult mechananics, but say for example you could queue for these pve content without the risk of having a pvp encounter, then it would contradict with the whole philosophy of a sandbox fullloot pvp game. If you can do PvE content in which you can't get dived, you are queuing for that content from a city or whatever , a safe zone, that content has no place in the world of Albion.
    • Galael wrote:

      So you want to get 400/400 in a weapon in 120 hours of fame farming. With a proper group you will get 800k/hr fame or above that, meaning that if you strictly fame farmed for 120 hours you will get 96mil pve fame for every item you got. With the amount of combat credits and tomes you will be recieving, you will easily hit 400/400 on your weapon in 120 hours of pure fame farming. But your whole perspective creating this topic is trying to make the game easier in the areas you are inadequate. You are not 400/400 so you blame the system for not being easier. You do not have territories or a gvg team so you want resets so you can try to get some. You don't get to magically get on the same level with the good players who have been playing for a long long time. This mentality sucks: "I am new to this game but look at all the players who are 400/400 now... I am not going to try to get good like they did, I wish there was a server wipe so that I would be on their level and we could all start over yey its a great idea" This is a hardcore PVP game so the developers wont be trying to cater to people who feel like they are not good enough but still wanna have everything. Also, you can not say loyal pvp players who have been playing this game since the beta do not need to be catered just because they won't quit. There is nothing wrong with asking for more PvE content, but the mentality is flawed. I for one would be happy with challenging pve content and unique and hard bosses with difficult mechananics, but say for example you could queue for these pve content without the risk of having a pvp encounter, then it would contradict with the whole philosophy of a sandbox fullloot pvp game. If you can do PvE content in which you can't get dived, you are queuing for that content from a city or whatever , a safe zone, that content has no place in the world of Albion.
      No. I want the game to get wiped every 3 months.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

      Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
    • Abydon wrote:

      4c) Maintain the existing game world as the "Standard world" where
      everything that gets "destroyed" gets dumped at the end of each reset.
      No one loses progress. Just one new "world" with regular resets for
      players to enjoy.
      Seasonal server? :D

      Do you guys even search? And some people who reply must have been around enough to know this...

      The information in trickled across several threads. What I remember / understood was that you could travel back and forth but only bring (some?) resources back to main island at the end of season. Something like that. So it would still be one game world. But the "Antarktis" would have separate progress somehow. I don't think any details has ever been shared...
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

    • Ravenar wrote:

      Abydon wrote:

      4c) Maintain the existing game world as the "Standard world" where
      everything that gets "destroyed" gets dumped at the end of each reset.
      No one loses progress. Just one new "world" with regular resets for
      players to enjoy.
      Seasonal server? :D
      Do you guys even search? And some people who reply must have been around enough to know this...

      The information in trickled across several threads. What I remember / understood was that you could travel back and forth but only bring (some?) resources back to main island at the end of season. Something like that. So it would still be one game world. But the "Antarktis" would have separate progress somehow. I don't think any details has ever been shared...

      I think the main difference between that (which is a good compromise idea) and mine is I want to wipe character progress so people truly start from scratch. Not just "from scratch in terms of resources".
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

      Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
    • Abydon wrote:

      Ravenar wrote:

      Abydon wrote:

      4c) Maintain the existing game world as the "Standard world" where
      everything that gets "destroyed" gets dumped at the end of each reset.
      No one loses progress. Just one new "world" with regular resets for
      players to enjoy.
      Seasonal server? :D Do you guys even search? And some people who reply must have been around enough to know this...

      The information in trickled across several threads. What I remember / understood was that you could travel back and forth but only bring (some?) resources back to main island at the end of season. Something like that. So it would still be one game world. But the "Antarktis" would have separate progress somehow. I don't think any details has ever been shared...
      I think the main difference between that (which is a good compromise idea) and mine is I want to wipe character progress so people truly start from scratch. Not just "from scratch in terms of resources".

      No. No. A thousand times no! Seriously, a lot of us grinded our progress for over a year. Go play something else if you want reset progress. Wanker.
    • And another not-thought-out suggestion from Abydon.
      As a beta player, let me tell you one thing:
      Fresh start is fun and all, towns to conquer, firsts to get, everyone running around in trash gear.
      BUT
      Its not worth losing EVERYTHING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

      Atlantis where you can earn skins and need to build a city but only bring back vanity stuff could be cool - but a lot to develop and really hard design decisions to be made.
      Any kind of reset would kill the game. How do you justify paying years of premium for grind advantages that you just delete inbetween? How do you expect a interesting economy if everyone knows its all gonna be gone in 3 months?
      Please dont bring the betas back.
      Thanks.
    • Actually... The idea on it's own of a full wipe, is not so great. But that continent thing? Man that could be fun. It should have a semi separate fame tree to simulate a reset. Basically I would say you go into it with a fame tree unlocked up to tier 4 (just unlocked) but any fame you earn on the continent would both level up the temporary fame tree as well as earn fame to your main character.

      I would suggest the 3 month cycle, not because PoE, But because our current black zone seasons already work that way, it's 3 1 month cycles out there for a season to get the final rewards, and I believe to do this it should maybe be run with a normal season, but more leaning towards it should later on be run inplace of the normal black zone GvG season as it's own GvG thing. Would be a place where newer less geared out players would not be disadvantaged for being new and not having top notch gear as no one in that area has top notch gear.

      The fame working on both trees would mean you can still progress your main tree by fighting in the same type of gear as your character so you won't lose progress in the main game in the roles of anything else, but still allowing you to play on a more equal footing.

      At the end of the season, should be treated like a BZ before a wipe and everyone can bring everything back. So even for resources and etc it would still provide progression to your main character. This would balance the years of work not being lost, while still having a fun semi wiped time for people to go crazy from almost scratch on. The huge bonus for tier 4 being unlocked first allows faster beginning progression, and encourages new players to learn how the game works before jumping in as with the scale of the game Tier 4 is relatively easy to unlock.

      The reason the first times should be run with a normal BZ season at the same time is more to gauge interest and get people used to the idea without being quite tied into it. Though if they wanted to do a shorter season, could just do it for a month inplace of the BZ season and start the next 3 month BZ contest late.
    • On one hand, veterans that grinded their way to 400/400 want to stomp new players simply because they have been playing for longer and have better gear, money and spec.
      On the other hand, they want to make the game hardcore and unfriendly to new players, leaving the game on a never-ending decrease of population as new players are not cared for.
      Brilliant.

      Seasons would be a great way of giving new players a more friendly environment on albion and would certainly be a good long-term plan for the game. Seasons are also excelent at bringing back old players into the game.



      It is understandable that completely losing everything every 3 months or so is not wanted by a lot of players. The idea of a separate seasonal continent where you can't bring anything in (including destiny board points, silver and gold), but can take everything out back to the normal world seems to be the best solution here. This way, if the 400/400 veterans don't want to play this seasonal content, they don't have to.
    • It is already way, way, way easier to get any weapon to 400 spec, compared to how it was when most veterans got their 400.

      The game is new player friendly, but you can't expect the SBI to just erase hundreds and thousands of hours of grind just because some new player finds it too hard.

      There are plenty of games covering the market for casual players and fast progression and Albion is thankfully not one of them.

      There are many things you can do before being 400. There are many players that started the game a long time ago and are not 400 yet cuz it wasn't their point of interest and they can play and pvp very well without max spec.

      Creating a separate server could destabilize the population on the main one.

      If you don't wanna pvp, just stick to the blue zones, they are created for new players who don't wanna pvp. Maybe yellow could do two, cuz you don't lose anything.

      These are my thoughts on the matter, and in all honesty and with no offense I really doubt Albion is a game for you since you're proposing such a change.
    • I’ve though gear/land wipes would be interesting. Week 1 of wipe was always amazing. But a good deal of players have no interest in it and I don’t think anyone knows exactly how it’d implode the market. It’s just a wild wild change that would completely change Albion.

      The Atlantis idea has been around awhile but I think devs are still wary about splitting population with it.