Dev Talk: Solo Randomized Dungeons

• ideathman wrote:

I was wondering the same thing to be fair only two people should be allowed in a solo dungeon., because in this game gankers
      don't really suffer any real penalties and I guess that why its so many of them.
      Even then... have one (very capable) fighter come in and make you beam out. And have the rest of the team wait outside...

Solo dungeons should be just that: solo dungeons which are instanced.
    • The basic mechanic of those randomized dungeons is basically the same as with group randomized dungeons meaning anyone can enter and there is no limit (besides a technical one) to the amount of players inside.

The dungeons themselves are shorter (about 10 minutes of playtime) and of course loot is roughly a little less than 1/5th found in group dungeons.
      A zone will have between 30 to 50 active solo dungeons portals that can appear at about 80 positions where you'll normally find 'roaming' mobs.
      Those positions are re-shuffled after maintenance.

We assume that the hassle that comes naturally with having to check that many dungeons and the "reward" limited to the gear of one measly player would discourage bigger groups to do dungeon dives.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The basic mechanic of those randomized dungeons is basically the same as with group randomized dungeons meaning anyone can enter and there is no limit (besides a technical one) to the amount of players inside.

The dungeons themselves are shorter (about 10 minutes of playtime) and of course loot is roughly a little less than 1/5th found in group dungeons.
      A zone will have between 30 to 50 active solo dungeons portals that can appear at about 80 positions where you'll normally find 'roaming' mobs.

We assume that the hassle that comes naturally with having to check that many dungeons and the "reward" limited to the gear of one measly player would discourage bigger groups to do dungeon dives.
      So we get blinking lights disco instead of "roaming" mobs now?

Haa

Do these replace the spawns of roaming mobs?
    • So, as I can solo group random dungeons in t6 as a nature, why should I do solo dungeons???

Less fame, less loot, same risk?

Especially with life leech changes I can solo random group dungeons now with spear and dagger..

C'MON you are just playing low ball, can't be that is all...I am sure there is something cool you just reveal later to get us excited??

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The basic mechanic of those randomized dungeons is basically the same as with group randomized dungeons meaning anyone can enter and there is no limit (besides a technical one) to the amount of players inside.

As a solo player, those randon solo dungeons look like seal clubbing places.
      ""We assume...would discourage bigger groups to do dungeon dives"
      If you played the game you would know how risk averse your fellow players are.
      This is a deathtrap heavily favouring groups.
      Only dumb or new will be doing those dungeons alone.

Let's imaging 1 DPS and a healer dive in SRD? There is no chance to retaliate and no chance to escape.
    • So many players saying solo dungeons are gonna be a death trap... arent group dungeons already death traps?

Group dungeons are normally cleared by a party of 5 - 6 players. When dungeon divers come inside, they come in double the numbers, 10-12 players to kill the party of 5-6 inside.

Solo dungeons will be the same. 1-2 players will enter to clear it, but double the numbers 3-4 players party will dungeon dive.

And if rewards are gonna be as good as group dungeons, them it should be perfectly fine for the risk to be that high.
    • Vesen wrote:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

As a solo player, those randon solo dungeons look like seal clubbing places.""We assume...would discourage bigger groups to do dungeon dives"
      If you played the game you would know how risk averse your fellow players are.
      This is a deathtrap heavily favouring groups.
      Only dumb or new will be doing those dungeons alone.

Let's imaging 1 DPS and a healer dive in SRD? There is no chance to retaliate and no chance to escape.
      Same thing with group dungeons.No chance to escape a dungeon dive party unless a scout is used. Dungeon dive parties normally run in a party of 12 players. 5-6 players have little to no chance.

Basically, what you want is to have dungeons where you can get huge rewards but with little risks? Makes no sense.

The solo dungeons are gonna have rewards comparable to group ones so it makes sense for risks to be high.

For low risk, low reward dungeons you already have the expeditions.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

So, as I can solo group random dungeons in t6 as a nature, why should I do solo dungeons???

Especially with life leech changes I can solo random group dungeons now with spear and dagger..

C'MON you are just playing low ball, can't be that is all...I am sure there is something cool you just reveal later to get us excited??
      So you can clear an 8.3 group RD solo? Post the video. I want to see it.

Im pretty sure you wont even be able to do T7 flat dungeongs solo...maybe you can kill small mobs but no way you can clear all the bosses solo.
    • Unrestricted Solo RD is a complete Noob Trap.

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

This is good, but...

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Sorry Thorn, but you completely don't understand your game community!
      You have no idea how players play your game and what they do when they are online, i believe you can have a sense of what the game can offer in terms of gameplay, but in relation to real gameplay, you are far from believing these dungeons without an "entry limiter" will work as you plan, they're not going to be anything other than a Gank Fiesta.

SRD may be good on the yellow and blue maps, but the rest will be nothing but a carnage! Please review the matter before the 10th, you still have time
    • Holoin wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

So, as I can solo group random dungeons in t6 as a nature, why should I do solo dungeons???

So you can clear an 8.3 group RD solo? Post the video. I want to see it.
      Im pretty sure you wont even be able to do T7 flat dungeongs solo...maybe you can kill small mobs but no way you can clear all the bosses solo.
      sorry man, no need for 8.3. just go in a t5 keeper dungeon, take one of the 4 keeper random dungeons inside the dungeons and clear and skip. Each boy give u 8 k, each girl 5, berserker give you 9. Just skip the Giants and the small bosses. U get 30-40 k per minute if u use the right mobs and skip according..

If you need a build here it is: assa chest, scholar chowl, assa boots, druid or great nature staff, martlock cape, CD food, tons of t4 poison.

Sure you go max spec or you adjust your gear from flat 6...

There is no need for video, most experience players know that already..

It is insane fame solo..today available