Dev Talk: Solo Randomized Dungeons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SBI can you explain me one thing,why you named this feature as SOLO and then allow enter group of people?It's not solo if a group of people can come in..
      I was looking forward to this thing,how it will be fun to meet in these SRD other people and fight them and you allow groups to enter just for hunt solo player inside?
      Again disappointment and unfortunately not first,i'm really starting to think about changing the game because it looks like you don't want to have a solo players in the game,which is a pity.. :(
    • call these what they are, "ungrouped dungeons" or maybe "small group" dungeons. they are not "solo dungeons".

imagine this scenario, i am watching a youtube video of a guy doing a solo boss kill, and the guy in the video has 5 other people helping him.. is that a solo kill?

now, i dont have an issue with what is being developed, just call it what it is and dont mislead us.

The post was edited 1 time, last by wade001 ().

• Change could be so easy:

1) on entering solo dungeon you are no longer grouped and cannot regroup
      2) guild and name tag is display - No

I am a true Solo player that does max 2 Man hg..

But this solo dungeon is a solution to a problem I don't have..

My problem was: get non zerg content where people fight 1 on 1
      • You almost had it in the concept of your solo zones..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Vesen wrote:

Nice linear deathtrap for solo players and thanks for more ways to gank them as group with unlimited party.

Pierro wrote:

If it's not limited to 1 person, it's just a fucking deathtrap, and has no point beside dying alone versus small groups of gankers.

LordSilva wrote:

SRD may be good on the yellow and blue maps, but the rest will be nothing but a carnage! Please review the matter before the 10th, you still have time

CassX wrote:

I was looking forward to this thing,how it will be fun to meet in these SRD other people and fight them and you allow groups to enter just for hunt solo player inside?
      These solo RDG are no different then the group ones, just smaller rewards, and size. I don't see anyone complaining that a 5 man group is getting dived by a 10 man and therefore content is unplayabe? (well no one except really bad players who need to L2P). So why is this same concept but on a smaller scale is all of a sudden an issue? Makes no sense...
    • CassX wrote:

SBI can you explain me one thing,why you named this feature as SOLO and then allow enter group of people?It's not solo if a group of people can come in..
      Again disappointment and unfortunately not first,i'm really starting to think about changing the game because it looks like you don't want to have a solo players in the game,which is a pity.. :(
      How stupid you are
    • As a new player, I don't like RD PvP design at all: to clear efficiently, you need to take 5/6 players (or now in solo, 1), and a diving squad will easily have double your numbers. That isn't interesting PvP, especially since the perfect counter is to have a scout, which also isn't interesting (and less likely for a solo).

Was hoping this solo dungeon would have a more effective PvP design, but, ah well. :(

I note a decently-sized ganking party would be able to dive many solo dungeons in parallel...
    • Roccandil wrote:

That isn't interesting PvP, especially since the perfect counter is to have a scout, which also isn't interesting (and less likely for a solo).
      Whats interesting is trying to actually "think" (or ask questions) to try and figure out a counter (or a number of counters) to this so called "ganking problem".

And you are wrong - having a scout is not the only perfect counter. (but since you're a new player, we can forgive you for not knowing) ;)
    • LordSilva wrote:

Unrestricted Solo RD is a complete Noob Trap.

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The dungeons themselves are shorter (about 10 minutes of playtime) and of course loot is roughly a little less than 1/5th found in group dungeons.
      A zone will have between 30 to 50 active solo dungeons portals that can appear at about 80 positions where you'll normally find 'roaming' mobs.
      Those positions are re-shuffled after maintenance.
      This is good, but...

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The basic mechanic of those randomized dungeons is basically the same as with group randomized dungeons meaning anyone can enter and there is no limit (besides a technical one) to the amount of players inside.

We assume that the hassle that comes naturally with having to check that many dungeons and the "reward" limited to the gear of one measly player would discourage bigger groups to do dungeon dives.
      Sorry Thorn, but you completely don't understand your game community!You have no idea how players play your game and what they do when they are online, i believe you can have a sense of what the game can offer in terms of gameplay, but in relation to real gameplay, you are far from believing these dungeons without an "entry limiter" will work as you plan, they're not going to be anything other than a Gank Fiesta.

SRD may be good on the yellow and blue maps, but the rest will be nothing but a carnage! Please review the matter before the 10th, you still have time
      Group random dungeons doesn't have an entry limit aswell and they seem to be doing fine. Getting dungeon dived doesn't happen as often as you may think with group random dungeons and there is plenty of opportunity to fame underdisturbed if you pick the right zones and dungeon spots. If your theory about "no entry limit=gank fest" is right then there should be multiple threads all day long complaining about the entry limit in group random dungeons as it's the exact same concept as solo random dungeons.

If you want undisturbed solo fame with an entry limit there already is an option for you ingame= solo hardcore expeditions
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

That isn't interesting PvP, especially since the perfect counter is to have a scout, which also isn't interesting (and less likely for a solo).
      Whats interesting is trying to actually "think" (or ask questions) to try and figure out a counter (or a number of counters) to this so called "ganking problem".
      And you are wrong - having a scout is not the only perfect counter. (but since you're a new player, we can forgive you for not knowing) ;)

What is this other perfect counter?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Vesen wrote:

Nice linear deathtrap for solo players and thanks for more ways to gank them as group with unlimited party.

Pierro wrote:

If it's not limited to 1 person, it's just a fucking deathtrap, and has no point beside dying alone versus small groups of gankers.

LordSilva wrote:

CassX wrote:

These solo RDG are no different then the group ones, just smaller rewards, and size. I don't see anyone complaining that a 5 man group is getting dived by a 10 man and therefore content is unplayabe? (well no one except really bad players who need to L2P). So why is this same concept but on a smaller scale is all of a sudden an issue? Makes no sense...
      let me give you the answer.

In bigger groups 5+ the answer is ..a scout. That is the only valid answer to prevent being dived by 10.

Now explain me the "scout concept" commercially for a solo player.

That's why it is "suddenly" an issue.

The standard counter for 5+ makes no sene
    • LordSilva wrote:

dungeons without an "entry limiter" will work as you plan, they're not going to be anything other than a Gank Fiesta.

I am trying to think of a good analogy...

The gankers and divers, and market speculators are the core playerbase. The rest are meat pushed through this core-grinder. Small part will stick, other will be minced meat. It is up to us if we want to get reground or move on. This is the current reality. Everyone makes their own choice.

I wish all the best for SBI and people who love the game. But some day the meat will run out. We saw it after steam release, we will see it again at some point after F2P.

Only way I can think this business model is sustainable is that SBI never intends to compete with huge gameworlds. Small core playerbase is enough. There is a lifecycle. Some day the population will go down and they can shut it down and create a new game. Or make another adjustment when it is absolutely necessessary (edit)

Well played :)
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• Malicious wrote:

Group random dungeons doesn't have an entry limit aswell and they seem to be doing fine. Getting dungeon dived doesn't happen as often as you may think with group random dungeons and there is plenty of opportunity to fame underdisturbed if you pick the right zones and dungeon spots. If your theory about "no entry limit=gank fest" is right then there should be multiple threads all day long complaining about the entry limit in group random dungeons as it's the exact same concept as solo random dungeons.
      Of the two one, or you play on the side of those who do gank and so you care little for the balance of the game, or you do not understand what currently represents a Group RD and you have not done any in the last days.

Right now you have hundreds of players complaining that they cant catch players in RD because of Rats Scouting.
      Now I ask, why the hell does a team need to have a Rat on the door of their dungeon if that team is so secure inside? Why did the Rats become almost a requirement to make fame in RDs?
      I know, it's because...

Malicious wrote:

... dungeon dived doesn't happen as often as you may think with group random dungeons and there is plenty of opportunity to fame underdisturbed if you pick the right zones and dungeon spots.
      Right?

No m8, i don't want HCE, I want 1v1...

Malicious wrote:

If you want undisturbed solo fame with an entry limit there already is an option for you ingame= solo hardcore expeditions
      ... or it's ganker's lack of courage to go on a 1v1
    • Features isn't up already and people start complaining.
      If you're smart, you almost never get dive in RD. It's gonna be the same for SRD ... just be smart, don't be too greedy or too stupid.
      You're gonna die in SRD ? so what ? In the video the guy was destroying T6 mobs with a trash PVE weapon and plate ...

I'm prety sure people will go there in T4;1 gear ... trust me you'll have better things to do than check hunders of dungeons hoping to get trash loot. It's going to be way more rewarding trying to catch them when they are banking gear (<3 raven)
      Melaween