Fame Re-spec silver cost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fame Re-spec silver cost

Hello guys, I wanted to create a discussion thread about the silver cost for re-speccing combat fame using the credits. In my opinion, the silver cost to auto-respec or manual respec is waaaay too high. You already lose 20% of the fame you earned when you re-spec which is a fair cost. If you have 100/400 weapons , even with the 20% fame reduction, you are losing over 50million combat fame if you just wanted to switch to another weapon at some point. So why is there also a 35 million silver cost to do this? In my opinion people should be allowed to experiment and switch their fame to different builds more easily. The 20% fame reduction every time already ensures that this mechanic has enough downside. Maybe reduce the respec costs to like 1/4 of what it is now? Idk what do you guys think about the costs?
    • As someone who grinds hardcore expos mostly in gear that I am maxxed at already (thus losing a lot of silver to auto-respec) I still disagree with this. The price is fair. Want to experiment? Do so in tier 4 and if you like the new build, go higher. If you got your weapon all the way to 100 and want to switch? Pay the silver or.... Keep your current weapon at 100 and work the new weapon up. You may regret dropping something at a later time. Just keep it. Fame credits, learning points, tomes of insight, there is no shortage of ways to build your new weapon.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

As someone who grinds hardcore expos mostly in gear that I am maxxed at already (thus losing a lot of silver to auto-respec) I still disagree with this. The price is fair. Want to experiment? Do so in tier 4 and if you like the new build, go higher. If you got your weapon all the way to 100 and want to switch? Pay the silver or.... Keep your current weapon at 100 and work the new weapon up. You may regret dropping something at a later time. Just keep it. Fame credits, learning points, tomes of insight, there is no shortage of ways to build your new weapon.
      Totally agree with part about testing in T4...

To be honest, I can't understand one thing... If you have, eg. Crossbows maxed, and think about changing to dual axes, why re-specing? Why not just change and farm them like crossbows before? You want it faster? Fine, maybe we should ask dev team to make skills completly payable, so you can just "coin" your way to max spec anything in like 2 minutes... Albion is a game where everything must be grinded hard... Telling the truth, I thought some activities would take way way longer (like gathering - just 2,5 month of not so hardcore playing and every resource gathering at T6)...