[unpopular opinion] solo RD on 10th July? sorry for the disappointment...

• So I am right from the beginning.

It is unfortunate that the game designer @Thorn-Delwyn has mentioned that unlimited number of players can enter and gank the solo player in the solo RD.

Good luck and have fun losing your gear and loot to all the griefers.

Btw griefers don't care whether if it is profitable or rewarding for dungeon diving. Griefers just want to gank in large numbers and have fun killing you.

• This game will always be a tough balance. I think for the most part a portion of players are not necessarily wanting safe but more do not auto death within 5 minutes of being in black due to the hoards of gankers. If players do not have a window to make some money prior to death they will just stop bothering coming out to black which is also a bad thing. Game needs to find that balance. I like the idea of a high quantity of solo RD per zone this gives the players a chance to at least get a few in and make gankers put in some effort.
    • solordfail wrote:

Btw griefers don't care whether if it is profitable or rewarding for dungeon diving. Griefers just want to gank in large numbers and have fun killing you.
      Sorry but about 80% of our guild are active gankers at some time or another (as well as doing all other types of content) they ALL do it for the loot, no of them do anything which is not profitable and certain wouldnt consider diving solo dungeons with any more than 2-3 people. The game needs gankers, the economy needs gankers / pvp, it is as vital as gathering. If you dont like it, stay in safer zones.

I will be doing solo RDs, if I some dives me so be it, it is all part of the game.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

lol... carebears want safe-spaces in black zones

I want the PvP represented by diving dungeons to be balanced. Right now, due to dungeon loot mechanics, PvP in dungeons is almost guaranteed to be lopsided, if the ganking party knows what it's doing. A scout, on the other hand, almost guarantees that PvP won't happen, assuming the dungeon party and scout know what they're doing, while being largely boring for the scout.

Dungeon PvP is clumsily implemented. I'd like to see better.
    • okay, ill bite

Roccandil wrote:

I want the PvP represented by diving dungeons to be balanced. Right now, due to dungeon loot mechanics, PvP in dungeons is almost guaranteed to be lopsided, if the ganking party knows what it's doing.
      how is dungeon diving not balanced? what does dungeon loot mechanics have anything to do with pvp?
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

okay, ill bite

Roccandil wrote:

I want the PvP represented by diving dungeons to be balanced. Right now, due to dungeon loot mechanics, PvP in dungeons is almost guaranteed to be lopsided, if the ganking party knows what it's doing.
      how is dungeon diving not balanced? what does dungeon loot mechanics have anything to do with pvp?

As I understand it, dungeon loot mechanics determine the maximum effective size of an RD party (too many people, and the average individual share gets too small to be worthwhile). The ganking party doesn't have that limit: they can easily bring double that number, and still get plenty of loot to go around.

So, it seems reasonable to expect PvP in a normal dungeon to be lopsided, and solo dungeons will probably be worse.
    • So you have a choice:

1) Take as few people as possible to get more fame/loot (more risk... higher reward)
      2) Take more people so you can fight back if you get dove (less risk... lower reward)

You think the divers don't have the exact same choice?

1) Dive with as few people as possible to maximize loot (more risk... higher reward)
      2) Dive with a shit ton of people to "ensure" victory (less risk... lower reward)

The pvp doesn't have to be lopsided at all. If both groups choose higher risk, then you have smallman vs smallman action. If one group chooses take a greater risk, then their reward will be higher if they are successful.

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

So you have a choice:

1) Take as few people as possible to get more fame/loot (more risk... higher reward)
      2) Take more people so you can fight back if you get dove (less risk... lower reward)

You think the divers don't have the exact same choice?

1) Dive with as few people as possible to maximize loot (more risk... higher reward)
      2) Dive with a shit ton of people to "ensure" victory (less risk... lower reward)

The pvp doesn't have to be lopsided at all. If both groups choose higher risk, then you have smallman vs smallman action. If one group chooses take a greater risk, then their reward will be higher if they are successful.

The balance problem is that the risk/reward for dungeon diving scales better than that of the dungeon party. The larger the size of the dungeon party, the larger the potential loot pool for the divers, which means they can bring even more players and still have it pay off, whereas the dungeon party loot share only gets smaller.

Logistically, the dungeon party can't win, except through obscurity, and relying on security by obscurity is a bad idea.
    • You totally failed to mention anything about how a large group goes through dungeons FASTER (making up for less loot), in addition to the xp/fame SCALING to the group size.

Furthermore, the diving group has to SEARCH the map for a dungeon with people in it (and people can skip mobs). Whereas the FF group just basically enters any dungeon they see and have guaranteed content (fame/loot).

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • Roccandil wrote:

The balance problem is that the risk/reward for dungeon diving scales better than that of the dungeon party.
      False. It scales the same way. More people running a dungeon = higher reward PER HOUR (because faster clears) and more safety vs gankers.

Roccandil wrote:

The larger the size of the dungeon party, the larger the potential loot pool for the divers, which means they can bring even more players and still have it pay off, whereas the dungeon party loot share only gets smaller.
      You are trying to be so clever and trying to play some "mental Olympics here" to drive some agenda - or you are really just that bad at math? Larger size of the dungeon party = more safety (vs gankers) and faster dungeon clears. Yes, loot at fame per 1 dungeon will be lower, but when they can clear, say 2x as many dungeons per hour - their loot and fame goes up correspondingly.

Please stop looking at this from just 1 side - you're doing it wrong.
    • MasterZedX wrote:

I know the Devs are German or some shit but here's the definition for solo. Stoopid.

so·lo
      /ˈsōlō/

adjective & adverb

1.for or done by one person alone; unaccompanied.

noun, plural so·los, so·li [soh-lee] /ˈsoʊ li/.

2. any performance, as a dance, by one person.
      and thats exactly what they have said: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-solo-randomized-dungeons

"Simply put, Solo Randomized Dungeons are the soloable version of the group randomized dungeons we introduced with the Oberon update."

so yeah - they are meant to (quoting your definition): "be done by one person alone, unaccompanied" - i.e the PVE can be completed as a solo.

"Solo Randomized Dungeons fill a long-empty gap by adding a varied and exciting solo PvE activity to the open world of Albion Online. Solo player, as well as group players who are waiting for their friends to come online, can now fill the time with highly rewarding PvE content."
    • Agree with the OP. I rather they just add tons of solo-expedition. These will be death traps in BZ and 99% empty in blue zone.

"Lol why would 10 people waste their time to dive someone who will most likely overcharge their gear so that 60-70% of it will trash? And then split those small solo reward between 10 ppl? I think you are wayyy over-dramatisizing this. I can see 2 ppl "diving" a solo RD, but not 10. And there are ways to fight or escape 2 ppl." - Same reason we gank a poor gathers. Because we can. Ba ha ha ha