Is this normal

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Is this normal

      Installed the game, created a character, entered the world

      45 seconds playing, got disconnected back to login screen

      reconnected, downgraded some configurations, resumed play. got up the observation tower

      got disconnected again.

      Came to the forum to see if the issue is common. It is. Checked the replies, and saw mostly toxic comments like "you suck" ""youre saying you got disconnected because you got ganked" " and my favorite "if you bought a 1800 gaming laptop you deserve to get disconnected even opening wordpad"

      on top of that, a tech guy from the game team said "sorry, the prroblem is in your side, we have machines here running 24/7 without disconnect" well, easy for them to say that, sunning local network and such. Thing is today I played 2 hours of WoW and 3 hours of GW2 without a single disconnect. I am on a 120mbps connection, being the only one using it.

      So, if more polished games manage to run without a single disconnect for hours, but albion, in three minutes, sent me back to login screen twice, sorry, the error is NOT in my side.

      Anyway, with a community THAT toxic, and a dev team that uncaring, I think its for the best it doesnt run here.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      The support here is actually very good.

      The 2-3 minute disconnect issue is something that just started happening in the last day or two. I don't guess they've been able to identify the problem yet, though. :/
      well, i am snooping the forums, and all i see is that the problem remains and there were not a single official manifest about the case. several players got premuium time handicapped, and prospective new players, such as myself, were simply ignored. how can i expect to try to play a game if i connect for the first time and se eit is not stable enough to let me play for a single minute? worse, when i come to forums to complain, all that i get is a "sent to thrashcan forum" and ignored. is that the way they expect to attract new players? dont they know that

      1) if i get a bad experience with the game, but a resaonable treatment by the developers i might be upset, but will try again
      2) if i get a bad experience and get ignored by the developers i will get mad and abandon the game

      and 3, what happened

      3) if i get a bad expericne in the game and get thrashed by th eteam, i will go to EXTENSIVE lenghs to flame and otherwise give the game a bad rep to everyone I can possibly reach? Yes, I got thrashed here, so i went to reddit to expose the problem, i went to other toipics to further flame the issue, I would not recommend to any friend the game, advising that they would be flamed and ignored if anything goes wrong. in other words, they managed to get a free negative reviewer in every single instance i have access to to flame the game. I dont care if it is fair or not, my experience was bad and i was treated like thrash when i complained. so, i will use my tools - social media and contacts - to get even, this is Marketing 101 - if you like a service, you will tell one or two friends about it, if you dont like it, you will tell ten friends about it, if you feel a service disrespects you, you will go to lenghs to be sure EVERYONE in your reach knows about it.

      so, it was their choice, I dont mind keeping flaming them in every instance i can, because they treated me like thrash. fair? NO, its not. bot it is what it is.
    • To be fair, your first post is exactly that: a rant.

      You express your concern, but have no real question to answer or feedback to give. It's not like they deleted your post; they relocated it, so people would still be able to view/reply. If they didn't care about you, wouldn't they just remove the thread altogether?

      It sucks that your first experience coincided with a game-wide issue, but I don't think you should let that burn a permanent image of what the game and its support is like.

      By the way, if you're a F2P player (just an assumption), then there would be no reason for them to compensate you for anything (such as premium).

      Edit: But yes, some feedback from them would be nice about what's going on, and if there's an ETA to fix it.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/80/75 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      To be fair, your first post is exactly that: a rant.

      You express your concern, but have no real question to answer or feedback to give. It's not like they deleted your post; they relocated it, so people would still be able to view/reply. If they didn't care about you, wouldn't they just remove the thread altogether?

      It sucks that your first experience coincided with a game-wide issue, but I don't think you should let that burn a permanent image of what the game and its support is like.

      By the way, if you're a F2P player (just an assumption), then there would be no reason for them to compensate you for anything (such as premium).

      Edit: But yes, some feedback from them would be nice about what's going on, and if there's an ETA to fix it.
      actualy I am not a f2p, I am a nothing, because i jst created the character and could not play the game for more than 2 minutes straight.

      I am a prospective player that realized the game is unplayable and that the support and community does nothing regarding their shortcommings.

      the compensate issue i brought up was from googling the problem and seeing a lot of premium users complaining they were losing their premuium time being unable to play. so, how can they expect me to even consider paying anything to them if there is a risk it will go to waste and nothing will be done about it?
    • Fusionbomb wrote:



      It sucks that your first experience coincided with a game-wide issue, but I don't think you should let that burn a permanent image of what the game and its support is like.



      well, tbh, it is not a happenstance. since 2016 this problems comes andd goes, and since 2016 the devs say "it is not our fault, it yours, get better internet" so the claim that "my first experience coincided with a rare issue" is faulty. it is a very common issue, and one the devs refuse to address historically. you can see just now, in the server section of the forum there are MULTIPLE threads reporting / complaining about the issue and not a SINGLE reply from the team. tehy dont care, and probably ware very annoyed that the pesky users are complaing about it, after all, they are able to play locally without any issue, so, why bother. tell them to get better internet and lets roll....
    • You're talking about threads that were created over 12 hours ago not receiving a response from devs, but not even 5 hours ago, there was an update from Elsa:

      [June 17th] Server issues - RESOLVED

      I haven't tried to play today, so I don't know if it's resolved. Feel free to continue your rant(s), I was mainly just trying to be nice and kill some time at work. :)

      GL HF!
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/80/75 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      You're talking about threads that were created over 12 hours ago not receiving a response from devs, but not even 5 hours ago, there was an update from Elsa:

      [June 17th] Server issues - RESOLVED

      I haven't tried to play today, so I don't know if it's resolved. Feel free to continue your rant(s), I was mainly just trying to be nice and kill some time at work. :)

      GL HF!
      they just said the server is back online., not a single word about the disconnections while it was online for booting players off every two minutes.

      the threads were created over 2 days ago and stood receiving feedback until a few minutes ago about the same issue. not a single word from devs about it. just this "hey hey, we rebooted" from elsa now.

      and yes, i am also filling up times ranting while i wait for dinner. i have nothing to lose, so I will fill my time bashing on a company that refuses to give costumers proper clarification. it is not as if they are the only mmo avaiable. so if i keep ranting her eit is because i WANT this to work, wotherwise i would simply move on.

      so, yes, you can consider my rants "tough love" towards albion.
    • Midgard wrote:

      RaistAMG wrote:

      if i get a bad expericne in the game and get thrashed by th eteam, i will go to EXTENSIVE lenghs to flame and otherwise give the game a bad rep to everyone I can possibly reach
      I bet SBI are shitting their pants.
      if they are not, they are going against every single decent company in the world.

      Do you think coca cola and mc donnalds care about what a single costumer think about their service? Yes they do. a LOT. Gone is the time companies provided services and those who disliked them could go fudge themselves.

      forbes.com/sites/shephyken/201…e-new-brand/#707925467f52

      Last year United Airlines had a brand crisis, in which $1.4 billion in value was wiped out overnightwhen a passenger’s experience went viral on social media. And, you may not have heard about Juicero, but it fell victim to brand crisis when it was discovered the proprietary juice packets needed for its $699 juicer weren’t so proprietary, resulting in the company dropping the price of the juicer to $200, and then ultimately going out of business.

      superoffice.com/blog/customer-complaints-good-for-business/

      neosperience.com/blog/the-7-de…a-bad-customer-experience
    • Player112 wrote:

      Just play free then you have minimum to lose. This game is more playable for free than any other game. So you are likely to get the best free experience here.

      For some people disconnections could be fixed with vpn. May be the network route to you is just bad. You will just have to circumnavigate that with a vpn.
      yeah right. because i can play wow and gw2 and clash royale for HOURS without a SINGLE issue, but it is MY internet that is bad because albion disconnects me.

      riiiiggghhhttttt
    • Player112 wrote:

      RaistAMG wrote:

      yeah right. because i can play wow and gw2 and clash royale for HOURS without a SINGLE issue, but it is MY internet that is bad because albion disconnects me.
      riiiiggghhhttttt
      Definitely your internet. I can play all games including Abion no problems.
      "Hey look at me, I am an internet troll that do nothing for the game i play but further the bad experience. GIVE ME ATTENTION, I need it, my dad is an achoolic and my mom brings "friends" home every night, so i need online attention to feel loved or else i will pull a Columbine!"
    • RaistAMG wrote:

      "Hey look at me, I am an internet troll that do nothing for the game i play but further the bad experience. GIVE ME ATTENTION, I need it, my dad is an achoolic and my mom brings "friends" home every night, so i need online attention to feel loved or else i will pull a Columbine!"
      I don't need to do anything for the game. I just play it, for free. Even so, I am stating what is fair. No problems from my location. When the devs are experimenting, they affect everyone including me. Other than that, there are no problems. Also if they provide adequate compensation when things are not working right, then that's good enough.

      You seem highly emotional over a free game, maybe your problems lie outside of the game.