Beware at AH

• Beware at AH

So although i know the outcome of this was my own fault and may attract the trolls i am writing this post to try and warn others not to make the same easy mistake that i did.

While rushing to prepare for ZvZ tonight i went to the auction house to purchase a few last minute items and searched for the last item on my list which was T7 sticky potions. There were 12 availlable on the AH which i read as 12K each so i quickly brought all 12 to realise that they were actually posted at 12mill each and spent 144 mill breaking my bank and while alot may find this funny one little mistake like that has made a 2 year dedicated player to consider giving up. Take care not to do what i did :(
    • Piddle wrote:

Don't have more than walking around money in your characters silver balance. Keep your hard earned silver safe in the family Butcher or Smelter station.

Forneus wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Don't have more than walking around money in your characters silver balance. Keep your hard earned silver safe in the family Butcher or Smelter station.
      Exactly, i do the same thing. Rarely have more than a mill silver on any of my chars. Forcing damage control just in case of brain lags.
      I agree this would be a smart thing to do and in the future if i carry on playing i may take that advice but for now the damage is unfortunately done
    • Bezerker wrote:

I agree this would be a smart thing to do and in the future if i carry on playing i may take that advice but for now the damage is unfortunately done
      Yeah, I wasn't trying to stick it in. It's just the easiest way for someone reading your story to avoid it happening to the.

My advice to you is to just keep trucking along. Overcoming adversity can be a meme, but it can also just be a life skill that will pay off in the long run. Consider it a really cheap life lesson in a video game you are playing for fun bucks. No one remembers the names of people who get knocked down and stay down. People notice those that get back up. Silver flows pretty easily in AO and if you had that much to lose already, then you have the skills to earn it back much faster now.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

I have a separate market alt. He keeps most of the silver and does all the shopping when Im not rushing.

I can sometimes rush on my main, but I dont keep more then 2-3mil at a time, just in case...
    • Bezerker wrote:

So although i know the outcome of this was my own fault and may attract the trolls i am writing this post to try and warn others not to make the same easy mistake that i did.

While rushing to prepare for ZvZ tonight i went to the auction house to purchase a few last minute items and searched for the last item on my list which was T7 sticky potions. There were 12 availlable on the AH which i read as 12K each so i quickly brought all 12 to realise that they were actually posted at 12mill each and spent 144 mill breaking my bank and while alot may find this funny one little mistake like that has made a 2 year dedicated player to consider giving up. Take care not to do what i did :(
      Took me a while to find these

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…?postID=900576#post900576
      forum.albiononline.com/index.p…?postID=895239#post895239

welcome to albion
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Piddle wrote:

I'm unfamiliar with this practice, could someone please explain it? I try to keep my silver count low through purchasing very high tier resources, owning gold, and having long term underpriced gold buy orders in place, almost like a bond fund.

I was unaware that there is another method of holding silver. Is the method as (close to) immune to inflation as mine?
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheArimatheus ().

• TheArimatheus wrote:

I'm unfamiliar with this practice, could someone please explain it? I try to keep my silver count low through purchasing very high tier resources, owning gold, and having long term underpriced gold buy orders in place, almost like a bond fund.
      I was unaware that there is another method of holding silver. Is the method as (close to) immune to inflation as mine?
      Yes, create a butcher or smelter on your personal island, go to the building menu, select Administration and deposit your silver there. Your alts can also claim the building and the silver if they have the appropriate access. This is how you can trade silver with your alts.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

TheArimatheus wrote:

Yes, create a butcher or smelter on your personal island, go to the building menu, select Administration and deposit your silver there. Your alts can also claim the building and the silver if they have the appropriate access. This is how you can trade silver with your alts.
      But does the "silver stored" grow at any rate, like how a money market account keeps up with inflation? Or is it just a holding cell?

I've started to realize the potential of setting high priced sell orders in RC AH's as a way to store items. The silver doesn't grow in value at all? Yuck.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.
    • Midgard wrote:

Saya wrote:

lol will keep doing this for as long as people keep falling for it!
      Prick

Then produce the screenshots to show it was you. Otherwise you are just a liar and a rat; that nothing you say is truthful, and all you care about is flaming people on the forum with your sneering arrogance. I feel sorry for you.

On a different game, why did I allow a previously hostile faction to join my guild? Because their leader was more gracious in defeat than I was (not gracious at all, at the time) in victory, and I knew it.