A Hearty Hello to the AO Community!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Hearty Hello to the AO Community!

Hello People of Albion Online!

I’m Tania @Mytherceria and I’ve recently joined my new family at Sandbox Interactive as community manager for AO. I will be sharing this role with the amazing @Elsa so feel free to contact either of us on here or my Discord Mytherceria#3744 - we are always open to your feedback :) It’s awesome to see such a passionate community who want to make the game experience better as a whole for everyone!

Here’s how I washed up on the shores of Albion: Gaming has been a significant part of my life since the days of escaping boredom (and maybe a class or two :D) at law school. I was especially active in RPG guilds for SWTOR and WoW, and did my fair share of tabletop playing and DMing. I really enjoyed interacting with the communities and some players have become my good friends up til today. After working in community management for other companies in the past year, SBI offered me the opportunity to finally move into the games industry and realise my dream job in Berlin!

Without further ado, we have some exciting things in store for you, such as our Percival update and celebrating Albion’s 2nd Anniversary on 17 July! 8o

Last but not least, I would love to hear from you on how you joined AO and what is the most exciting feature, content, update that you’re looking forward to?

Mytherceria#3744
    • Glad to meet you @Mytherceria! I'm looking forward to the Percival update and very eager to hear more about it soon. I joined Albion Online when it launched in Steam last year and I've been here since then.

Any new tidbits you can share? Don't worry, we won't tell.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight ().

• Hi @Mytherceria nice to meet you and welcome to the Albion Team. I joined AO during the first Alpha. I joined a guild called Horseriders and played 2 1/2 alphas with them(Fun times those were). The leadership split and some of us created a guild called Vanguard. I led Vanguard with the help of great friends through 2 betas of success (The amazing fun we had in those days). 3rd Beta I joined a few different guilds. I have to say out of the MMORPG's that I have played I have enjoyed and love this one the most. Hopefully the team keeps up the good work and has continued success. The thing I would like to see the most would be a restructuring of the map to bring in even more traffic to outer cities instead of Caerleon.
    • Hello @Mytherceria. I joined just by the end of penultimate Beta, and played for a while on final Beta. Waited almost a year after game released to play it again.

I think that as soon as percival update comes out, you guys should focus on the "Avalon" update. The game is lacking in the competitive area. The only real competition is decided by a team of 5 people in a guild. The "Avalon" continent update is a good oportunity to introduce more objectives in the maps and to allow for more competition.

It is also a good oportunity to make the map aesthetic better. Blackzone maps are copy pasted. It would be nice that each map looked different and less symetrical.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Glad to meet you @Mytherceria! I'm looking forward to the Percival update and very eager to hear more about it soon. I joined Albion Online when it launched in Steam last year and I've been here since then.

Any new tidbits you can share? Don't worry, we won't tell.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks @Evas_Flarelight! You'll have to hang in there a liiiiiittle bit longer for more information about Percival... we just love surprises at the office :D But I think you can get the general idea of what our devs are busy with in the Roadmap & Vision :thumbup:

Hydrus wrote:

In AO need stability in Zvz because you fight 20x20... And another globe 30x Come and kill from the back side.
      In this situation need to make HG 10x10 and 20x20... There not a big blob will make a funy and interesting.. I wait this.

I completely understand your frustrations @Hydrus - our devs have been working on the ZvZ fight server performance, so we hope that you'll be able to see improvements to stability over time.

20v20 Hellgates are currently in the backlog, as per the Roadmap :)

Bogul wrote:

Welcome!

Buckle up. <3

Feel like coming on the AO Daily Show soon to say hello?

Thanks @Bogul - just getting my seat belt ready for the ride :thumbsup:

AO Daily Show would be an honour, perhaps in the near future when I've learnt the ropes from @Elsa :saint:

Labatt wrote:

Hi @Mytherceria nice to meet you and welcome to the Albion Team. I joined AO during the first Alpha. I joined a guild called Horseriders and played 2 1/2 alphas with them(Fun times those were). The leadership split and some of us created a guild called Vanguard. I led Vanguard with the help of great friends through 2 betas of success (The amazing fun we had in those days). 3rd Beta I joined a few different guilds. I have to say out of the MMORPG's that I have played I have enjoyed and love this one the most. Hopefully the team keeps up the good work and has continued success. The thing I would like to see the most would be a restructuring of the map to bring in even more traffic to outer cities instead of Caerleon.

Thanks for the warm welcome @Labatt! And that sounds pretty awesome - I'm so glad that you're enjoying it and of course, all the guilds you've been part of. :)

Indeed, I think the new Outlands map design and hideouts will open up more opportunities for newer players to venture out of the Royal Continent.

Holoin wrote:

Hello @Mytherceria. I joined just by the end of penultimate Beta, and played for a while on final Beta. Waited almost a year after game released to play it again.

I think that as soon as percival update comes out, you guys should focus on the "Avalon" update. The game is lacking in the competitive area. The only real competition is decided by a team of 5 people in a guild. The "Avalon" continent update is a good oportunity to introduce more objectives in the maps and to allow for more competition.

It is also a good oportunity to make the map aesthetic better. Blackzone maps are copy pasted. It would be nice that each map looked different and less symetrical.

Hi @Holoin! Yes, you'll likely be looking forward to more varied and memorable layout for the maps alongside some buffing of content in the open world soon.

As for Avalon... :D

Mytherceria#3744
    • Welcome @Mytherceria to the Albion Online Community.
      I hope you like our environment and that you feel at home. @Elsa is a bit cold, but deep down is a good person. (icy hands it's good for maintain the beer cold)
      Just have the patience to give us all possible information about the AO secrecy, you are hired to be our spy in there and give us all the information of the game that we desperately need. :evil:

Albion Online since 2015 (Beta1), MMO game more or less since 2004, D&D, Table top Warhammer and 40K since last century.
      You made your first post on the day I made my 1000, hehe
    • ou, hello there.
      Im here since (officially) Nov 6th 2016, but I knew about this project since maybe 2013.
      Mu, Ultima, wow, lol veteran ended here, in Albion

It would be cool if Albion would focus more about performance, not only from persective strictly on server, but mostly from client side.
      There is bunch of thinks like "tons of unessesery vectors in 3d mesh models, that is just painful (especially on undead theme and wild-like lymhurst/matrlock biomes).
      It feel that communication between client and server have lots of room for improvement as well.

Additionally, there is lack of content for masses, like big big allys, they finish it too early so they look for this content what put in unfavor smaller group and/or soloers (making lots of 1v10+ situation). Its drain a lot of will to play, as it constanlty can outnumbering fights.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qolkkalom ().

• Good morning, miss @Mytherceria and welcome to the amazing community of Albion Online, good talking a little about me I'm a not so well known player and started here around 2018. Of course I came to stop here from other games, in the monotonous way I was looking for some challenge regarding my history came from other famous games such as League of Legends, WoW, MU and even the well-known Tibia something that wanted to ask the same is what could be done to the performance of the same in a way that will help to all for example the staff who would not be from NA players from other countries who live facing diversified types of problems and well I look forward to those upgrades that will arrive in the near future and well if in them they would arrive new classes and different types of weapons so that in this way will provide different types of strategies and well thank you for the attention.
    • Hello Tania,

Welcome on board,

Myself i've been playing since the release. It's my first MMO since 2004 when I stopped playing Tibia, then I focused exclusively on amateur e-sport for some years. With Albion I've found a way to have little bit of PVP competitiveness in ZvZ, without need of regular practice/gameplay as a team of 5. This works perfectly when you have to combine family, career and some sport with gaming. However Albion is such a great game you sometimes lose yourself in the virtual world ;)

I've always played in local guilds, but I also had the experience with the most of mega alliances like PoE, SQUAD or recently EOS. For a very long time, my guild KFC together with our allied guilds (We Are Toxic or previously The Reborn), we played outside of any alliance, standing against all the mega alliances. Unfortunately, there's no answer to Zerg N+1 problem so it's really hard way to play like that, which makes KFC kinda unique guild in Albion realm. But regardless of that for the last months we constantly secured top5 PvP weekly/monthly killfame, peaking at #1 ;) . Currently we try to find our place in the game once again, forming a new local alliance called NASA - not another super alliance. This reset we had our first remarkable victory, having a battle with 407 kills and 3 deaths against EGO.

With this said, I'd like to present you my recent initiative to give you a little bit of feedback from my perspective. It also includes community zvz-focused survey. I'd say it's good that you have joined now, because for the past months we've been struggling with post-f2p release perfromance issuses, that diminished all the other topics that we've discussed for months without any effect.

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…mmunity-Survey-about-ZvZ/

So I am really looking forward to the roadmap update and some official comment on above topics,

Good luck @Mytherceria