Load values incorrectly calculated

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Load values incorrectly calculated

New

I just grabed some wood stacks with my Ox and then realised that something seems to be very wrong since today.

Somehow the shown weight does not match the maxload.

Here is an example with a stack T4 wood:

And here is another example with a stack of T6 Fiber:

500 kg is not 20% of 5000 kg, it is 10%
      and 1100 kg is not 45% of 5000 kg, but rather 22 ~ 23%

So there seems to be something off about the calculation happening in the game.
      With my T7 Fiber backpack, the weight was at around the correct value ... but it should actually be much lower than the correct value, since the backpack is suppossed to reduce the weight of fiber.
    • New

It_is_a_OK wrote:

There are few threads on the very same topic. The answer is: Max Load corresponds to 200% weight.
      Well, but that is not what the game tells you and it is not what the wiki tells you, every official source, says that you will not lose any speed while using the max load, so the maxload is -> 100% <- and not 200% !
      Since everything over 100% will slow you down, it is not inside the max load anymore.

You can check ingame:

and you can check the official wiki: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Weight_and_Burden

you can also check the new players guide: albiononline.com/en/guides/art…ight+39?p=0&f=Beginner&s=

There is no official source telling you anything about 200% load beeing your max load, but every source of official info is telling you the exact opposite.
      It also make 0 sense, that max load is suppossedly 200%, since 200% is the double of something, by definition.
    • New

Heidenherz wrote:

It_is_a_OK wrote:

There are few threads on the very same topic. The answer is: Max Load corresponds to 200% weight.
      Well, but that is not what the game tells you and it is not what the wiki tells you, every official source, says that you will not lose any speed while using the max load, so the maxload is -> 100% <- and not 200% !Since everything over 100% will slow you down, it is not inside the max load anymore.

You can check ingame:

and you can check the official wiki: wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Weight_and_Burden

you can also check the new players guide: albiononline.com/en/guides/art…ight+39?p=0&f=Beginner&s=

There is no official source telling you anything about 200% load beeing your max load, but every source of official info is telling you the exact opposite.
      It also make 0 sense, that max load is suppossedly 200%, since 200% is the double of something, by definition.
      What I told is what I read a week ago. A week ago I wanted to transport loads of resources and noticed the very same thing. I wanted to open a thread just like you with the pictures, but I've found few threads where they said it corresponds to 200%. Threads were pretty old, quite wierd that no officials noticed them. Hopefully we get fast reponse on this one from officials.

The post was edited 1 time, last by It_is_a_OK ().

• New

Heidenherz wrote:

It_is_a_OK wrote:

There is no official source telling you anything about 200% load beeing your max load, but every source of official info is telling you the exact opposite.It also make 0 sense, that max load is suppossedly 200%, since 200% is the double of something, by definition.
      There is also no official source telling you that things should make sense in AO though. So there is that.

I've decided that one of the Old Ones was an angel investor for SBI, and that I must have gotten on their bad side at some point. My constant irritation at the max load tool tip is my punishment for my transgressions against them.

Maybe a mad scientist wizard hacker cast a powerful encryption spell on the tool tips and they can't unravel it so it can be fixed.

Or, they have a guy working to make the game match that tool tip and everyone thinks he is in the bathroom all the time, but really he ran off to Malta to avoid arrest for failure to pay his parking tickets.

It is a true mystery to me.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

that was more likely other way. Small community knew how it work any way, and didnt read tooltip which have missleading in it and didnt bother about it, so it is still here xD
      That worked for me this way "well, its garbage tooltip like many others, and I dont even "slightly" care, devs should decide what is right." and probably documentations doesnt work/or just sux in SBI so we have unsolved obvious thinks.

And this is highest chance in my point of view, that sbi dont know how to work with documentation - by simple underestimate of that needs in programming.

But i may be mistaken and SBI know "what?" xD

The post was edited 7 times, last by Qolkkalom ().