1H Dagger and Dagger pair needs some love.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For the love of god, PLEASE REWORK 1-Hand dagger, SBI you guys basically destroyed the weapon.

One of the worst "changes" to a weapon in the game... to do damage with 1-H dagger you basically have to be able to sit in one spot for 8 seconds without moving, get debuffed as well, completely useless....

Return it to its previous state (along with +attack speed on Assassin Spirit) or buff/change it altogether.

I'd like to finish Albion with the weapon I began it with....
    • Captainrussia wrote:

man, if you could only figure out a way to slow down your opponent or to fest enough to stay on top of them all the time to deal that amazing DPS :P:P
      the problem lies within the HP debuff (for pvp)... the damage output is great

mobs will just stay aggro'd to the tank, but a smart player will realize the opportune time to burst down the 1h dagger while his E is active
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/80/75 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

man, if you could only figure out a way to slow down your opponent or to fest enough to stay on top of them all the time to deal that amazing DPS :P:P
      the problem lies within the HP debuff (for pvp)... the damage output is great
      mobs will just stay aggro'd to the tank, but a smart player will realize the opportune time to burst down the 1h dagger while his E is active
      to be honest my biggest problem was staying on target for the duration of the 1h dagger E. (so I was being a bit sarcastic with my previous comment). I feel like a lot of the DMG gets wasted because you are having trouble "connecting" the melee DMG.

I think there are plenty of ways to mitigate the "low HP" debuff: use a giga, use resist pot, use resist on helm/boots, use reflect (hunter hood) to discourage/punish them for trying to burst you down, etc...
    • 1-Hand Dagger is NOT GOOD in any situation.

In PVE, most mobs put down an AOE damage that you have to avoid. If you have your 1H 'E' spell running, then you have to move out of the damage and lose your stacks because they build every 1 second, which is a horrible weapon design.

Its most feasible application is small-group PVE for single-target dps, and it fails even in this.

Needs a complete overhaul, OR remove the stand-time for auto-attack, AND remove the HP debuff, AND buff the length of duration, AND buff the duration of stack time...
    • Yeah the change to Assassin Spirit was the beginning in the end for this weapon. I much more preferred the charging version with attack speed bonus that would give you invis after 3 stacks over this toggled, damage increase skill now, which I absolutely dislike.

Then I feel like the animation change to auto attacks further messed this weapon along with the nerf to Hush on Demon Helm and maybe I'm crazy but I feel like attack speed from torches was lowered too somewhere along the way.

All in all, in Beta I used solo roam with 1h and just flat nuke people with some ability to counter play with the invis from AS, but that ship has long sailed. Damn shame.