PVP Incentive for Crafters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • PVP Incentive for Crafters.

    New

    Look, I <think> I know the solution this game needs.

    It's simple as this.

    Self-crafted gear is not dropped on death, but its durability will reduce as in non pvp zones.

    Self-crafted gear should be bound to the maker.

    If the self-crafted gear is sold to another player, it is then droppable on death as normal.

    Done. Game fixed?
    "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
    bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build

    The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

  • New

    MonkeyJack wrote:

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    Self-crafted gear should be bound to the maker.

    If the self-crafted gear is sold to another player, it is then droppable on death as normal.
    How can you sell an item that's bounded to you?
    Bound as in 'doesn't drop on death', but tradable. I'm thinking of it being toggleable (switch bound status on or off).

    Thank you for your reply to this suggestion.

    On thinking about it more, I think it could:

    1. Raise the value of resources, as more players would want to craft their own gear

    2. Provide an incentive to players to get into crafting, which will mean they need more Learning Points, which will lead to more need for premium

    3. Increase the survivability of a player who uses self-crafted high tier gear in the red or black zone, decreasing the effectiveness of ganking by 4.1's

    4. Increase the population of players in the black and red zones, as it would be easier to survive there if using self-crafted gear, which would also

    5. Decrease the amount of lag in non-pvp areas, specifically players duelling in the market or bank areas would be able to pvp with good gear

    6. Increase the reward of doing expeditions, as a royal sigil is a guaranteed reward, and would be more valuable as it can be used to craft artifact gear, which if self-crafted would be protected in pvp areas

    7. This idea was inspired by the fact that in Twelve Sky 2 we used to pvp all day every day, because our gear would not drop on death. Valuable mounts had a chance to drop on pvp kills, so there was still a viable incentive to pvp. Imagine if a random dungeon map could drop on a pvp kill in Albion, this would have a similar effect

    8. In Runescape, you can craft an armor type called 'Tetsu armor'. The craftable version has higher stats than the tradable version, which partially inspired this suggestion I made in the opening post. Self-crafted Tetsu armor has almost equal stats to 'Torva armor' which drops from an endgame boss.

    9. This suggestion if implemented would remove the ability for players who buy lots of gold to have an advantage in gear, as crafting is available to any player, so the pay to win aspect would be diminished through the implementation of this initial suggestion.
    "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
    bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build

    The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

  • New

    This would massively drop the price of gear items to the point of triviality. The only way to play would be to level up crafting skills to craft your own gear. New players would never leave green zones in favour of grinding their way to t8 and crafting artifact gear. there would be no reward for killing a player. there would be no risk to taking powerful relic gear. most normal armour and weapons would be rendered pointless in favour of their artifact counterparts.
  • New

    It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's actually a good idea but before I(and I think most people) will take it seriously I feel like you should word it differently.

    You write about 'knowing the solution' and 'fixing the game' without mentioning whatever it is you see a problem with. It's completely fine to disagree with some aspects of the game or seeing room for improvement, the game is not perfect and that's what this part of the forum is for. However you need to explain your point of view to us before we know what specifically your idea is a solution for.

    Just some feedback, I mean no offence and I'd love to see more people using this sub-forum so the devs can get a better feel of what players think about the game.
  • New

    Nielser wrote:

    It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's actually a good idea but before I(and I think most people) will take it seriously I feel like you should word it differently.

    You write about 'knowing the solution' and 'fixing the game' without mentioning whatever it is you see a problem with. It's completely fine to disagree with some aspects of the game or seeing room for improvement, the game is not perfect and that's what this part of the forum is for. However you need to explain your point of view to us before we know what specifically your idea is a solution for.

    Just some feedback, I mean no offence and I'd love to see more people using this sub-forum so the devs can get a better feel of what players think about the game.
    you know what, THAT is a response i can respect.

    One guy above you said "How do you fix that which is not broken?"

    While you accurately pointed out this game is not perfect.

    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?

    You get FAME from kiilling a player. My suggestion wouldn't change that mechanic.

    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
    bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build
  • New

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    Nielser wrote:

    It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's actually a good idea but before I(and I think most people) will take it seriously I feel like you should word it differently.

    You write about 'knowing the solution' and 'fixing the game' without mentioning whatever it is you see a problem with. It's completely fine to disagree with some aspects of the game or seeing room for improvement, the game is not perfect and that's what this part of the forum is for. However you need to explain your point of view to us before we know what specifically your idea is a solution for.

    Just some feedback, I mean no offence and I'd love to see more people using this sub-forum so the devs can get a better feel of what players think about the game.
    you know what, THAT is a response i can respect.
    One guy above you said "How do you fix that which is not broken?"

    While you accurately pointed out this game is not perfect.

    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?

    You get FAME from kiilling a player. My suggestion wouldn't change that mechanic.

    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    So you see no economic problems from no items being trashed ever again. Can I get whatever your smoking?
    Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

    Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
  • New

    I just thought I would have a look through the 'Rant's area of this forum.

    It wasn't long before I found this.

    Dum shit PVP

    I would argue that I don't have to be the one stating what is wrong with Albion.

    There are already 1000 threads answering that question.

    Fusionbomb wrote:

    How do you fix that which is not broke?
    This is the funniest thing I've ever read considering we are talking about Albion Online.




    if you could get a 1v1 in the black zone you wouldnt have so many people duelling in the bank and marketplace.

    Abydon wrote:

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    Nielser wrote:

    It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's actually a good idea but before I(and I think most people) will take it seriously I feel like you should word it differently.

    You write about 'knowing the solution' and 'fixing the game' without mentioning whatever it is you see a problem with. It's completely fine to disagree with some aspects of the game or seeing room for improvement, the game is not perfect and that's what this part of the forum is for. However you need to explain your point of view to us before we know what specifically your idea is a solution for.

    Just some feedback, I mean no offence and I'd love to see more people using this sub-forum so the devs can get a better feel of what players think about the game.
    you know what, THAT is a response i can respect.One guy above you said "How do you fix that which is not broken?"

    While you accurately pointed out this game is not perfect.

    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?

    You get FAME from kiilling a player. My suggestion wouldn't change that mechanic.

    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    So you see no economic problems from no items being trashed ever again.
    Do you LIKE the current economy in Albion? Does it make you happy?
    "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
    bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build

    The post was edited 3 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

  • New

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    Abydon wrote:

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    you know what, THAT is a response i can respect.One guy above you said "How do you fix that which is not broken?"
    While you accurately pointed out this game is not perfect.

    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?

    You get FAME from kiilling a player. My suggestion wouldn't change that mechanic.

    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    So you see no economic problems from no items being trashed ever again.
    Do you LIKE the current economy in Albion? Does it make you happy?

    Obviously.
    Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

    Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
  • New

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    (...)

    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?
    (...)
    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    Let me explain You this.
    1) Because there is no other safe way to test skill in 1v1 scenario, testing strenght of current build and having quick access to swap eq.
    2) Experience with current build, which can be constantly impruved, and better understanding on how to react in certain situation
    3) as above
    Additionally... Bank duelers can bring u "other" form of fame, across all other duelers, from which You may participate in social, having good chat with those with who you won, or lose. You may group up for small gangs (usually 2-5) who look in BZ for same scale PvP (yea, those ppl who duel in bank doesnt attack gatheters to often, as they usually want to test thier preperation in safe zone).
    Overall, it is about combat skill and social skill, sharing some advices between those who do that
    And another reason: duel for silver, which save alot of time. Some ppl just dont have time for looking for prays, specially if they can only find gatherers which is just boring.
    So you should be thankfull thats happen.

    The post was edited 7 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

  • New

    Qolkkalom wrote:

    PenguinSniper wrote:

    (...)
    I have 1 question to the OTHER responders: Why do people spend so much time dueling in the marketplace if the pvp situation in this game is so ideal?

    What reward do you get from winning a duel?
    (...)
    When you beat a player in a duel, you don't get any fame but people still find motivation to do it.
    Let me explain You this.1) Because there is no other safe way to test skill in 1v1 scenario, testing strenght of current build and having quick access to swap eq.
    2) Experience with current build, which can be constantly impruved, and better understanding on how to react in certain situation
    3) as above
    Additionally... Bank duelers can bring u "other" form of fame, across all other duelers, from which You may participate in social, having good chat with those with who you won, or lose. You may group up for small gangs (usually 2-5) who look in BZ for same scale PvP (yea, those ppl who duel in bank doesnt attack gatheters to often, as they usually want to test thier preperation in safe zone).
    Overall, it is about combat skill and social skill, sharing some advices between those who do that
    And another reason: duel for silver, which save alot of time. Some ppl just dont have time for looking for prays, specially if they can only find gatherers which is just boring.
    So you should be thankfull thats happen.
    I am thankful that it happens. :) You are justifying the concept of players who refer to pvp in the safe zone. Which are literally justifications for having good gear protected in a pvp zone.

    I used the marketplace and bank duellers as an example to support my suggestion.

    Tabor wrote:

    So people would just GvG and HG in crafted gear and gain massive rewards with no risk at all??? Na not ever going to fly my friend. Not to mention the market would absolutely tank.
    What makes you think there would be no risk?

    Either I haven't written out the suggestion clearly enough, or certain details have been overlooked. I'm gonna go back to the inital posts and just check for what I failed to mention, because the way I imagined it there would still be reward for black zone pvp. brb. (post incomplete)

    Edit:

    I've changed my mind. i don't have time for this shit.

    Basically in this game's community you have pretty much two types of player, toxic ones and non-toxic ones.

    There are many people i've shared this idea with and whether they agreed with it or not, it didnt necessarily get shot to pieces by them, because they aren't fucking toxic :D

    So when posting it on this forum, sometimes it's just a social experiment.

    I don't really care what kind of response it gets here, because i've seen way too much toxicity for me to even care about the replies.

    Thank you to everyone who replied except for Abydon.

    request to lock thread @ Mod
    "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
    bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build

    The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().