'Can't exit zone while in combat'

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 'Can't exit zone while in combat'

First of all I want to say that normally I'd really try to write a calm post that is neatly organized with arguments supporting my point of view, etc. However this specific topic is something that annoys me so much I just have to make a 'rant' about it(Sorry in advance).

The topic I mean is ganking. There has always been a lot of debate with people saying ganking is OP on one side and people saying 'just git gud' on the other. Normally I'd always side with the 'just git gud' argument in a hardcore PvP game like this, however this to me seems like something you just can't do anything against no matter how good you are. As you can see from the title of the thread the issue in my eyes lies with not being able to leave the zone while in combat. I understand that there are probably plenty of good reasons for not being able to leave the zone while in combat, however that doesn't mean this feature doesn't cause problems as well.

Personally I have been in a situation multiple times in a black zone where I got ganked by a group of people, sometimes having over ten people. Now with the right gear, positioning and usage of skills I can sometimes get away from the gankers after being dismounted. However some of these times I would manage to get to the exit to the next zone in time just to not be allowed to leave because I for example slowed an enemy(Last time I used my warbow to jump away, however this slows whoever was close to you putting you in combat). In my opinion it is unacceptable for a competitive, hardcore pvp game like Albion Online to even implement this into the game. As long as this is a part of the game I really can't see how ganking would ever not be overpowered when done right. When done right a group of gankers like this can easily surround you without you noticing and you WILL be dismounted, even if you have for example a t8 armored horse. This is fine as the gankers obviously put a lot of effort into killing you and I think it's only fair that it's difficult to get away. This however is where the 'broken' part comes into play in my opinion. Being dismounted you're going to have to use abilities to get away. Most of the time this would be a movement speed ability or something alike, however being surrounded by anything from 5 or more people you'll always have to do more than that. This means something like a slow for example and that is where the issue lies. Now you're in combat, which makes sense however you're not allowed to leave even though you're just trying to get away. I recently got ganked by a massive group of roughly 20 players, who instantly dismounted me and laid a ton of damage on me. I managed to stay alive long enought to sprint away, I turned invisible to disorient them and I slowed a lot of them all while running to the exit. They hadn't surrounded me properly at the start which made it possible for me to get away and I don't want to pat my own back but I felt pretty proud of it as a still fairly inexperienced player. However you now the ending, I couldn't tele out and I got killed anyways.

Sorry for the long rant. I would love to see what people think about this, if anyone is willing to read all of it. I love the idea of Albion Online but every time this happens I just instantly feel like quitting for the day. Hopefully this gets changed.
    • New

RottenH20 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

If you had ran in any other direction (not towards the portal), do you think you could have lived (ie: mounted back up)?
      Exactly put.
      Well said
      I should maybe have worded it slightly different. Like I said in the examples I gave, gankers try to surround their victim and kill him/her. This happened to me on multiple occasions and I meant 'getting away' as in staying alive throughout this and escaping from the 'trap' or initiation of the fight so to say. I tend to be able to get to the exit(which is sometimes pretty far away) while still being chased. So yeah, 'getting away' is probably not the right way of saying it. The specific scenario that I see a problem with is having just barely made it to the exit alive after being surrounded, dismounted, almost killed and then(because they didn't manage to secure the kill in time) chased to whichever gate.

It just seems unbalanced to me that, after having the odds stacked heavily against you and still managing to get away because of what feels like proper preparation, skill, and failure on said gankers part, you are not allowed to leave the zone because you f.e. slowed them once or twice. Basically the gankers just get a free kill as long as they just keep chasing you. In my opinion it'd be a lot better if you'd not be put in combat if you didn't intitiate the fight or if you only used 1 or 2 skills. Something like that.

Again sorry for my long writing, just want to explain thoroughly what I mean. Hope it makes sense.
    • New

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

If you had ran in any other direction (not towards the portal), do you think you could have lived (ie: mounted back up)?
      Exactly put.Well said
      I should maybe have worded it slightly different. Like I said in the examples I gave, gankers try to surround their victim and kill him/her. This happened to me on multiple occasions and I meant 'getting away' as in staying alive throughout this and escaping from the 'trap' or initiation of the fight so to say. I tend to be able to get to the exit(which is sometimes pretty far away) while still being chased. So yeah, 'getting away' is probably not the right way of saying it. The specific scenario that I see a problem with is having just barely made it to the exit alive after being surrounded, dismounted, almost killed and then(because they didn't manage to secure the kill in time) chased to whichever gate.
      It just seems unbalanced to me that, after having the odds stacked heavily against you and still managing to get away because of what feels like proper preparation, skill, and failure on said gankers part, you are not allowed to leave the zone because you f.e. slowed them once or twice. Basically the gankers just get a free kill as long as they just keep chasing you. In my opinion it'd be a lot better if you'd not be put in combat if you didn't intitiate the fight or if you only used 1 or 2 skills. Something like that.

Again sorry for my long writing, just want to explain thoroughly what I mean. Hope it makes sense.
      The problem with this and THE REASON why this is in the game is to prevent people from just sitting at the gate invis ganking anyone who comes then just being able to zone out. Like say you have a zerg and on of you gets invis ganked. You will all go help him right? Oh but wait they see the zerg and just zone EVEN THOUGH they are in combat. Thats just 1 example of reasons why this IS in the game. Or even worse imagine 1v1ing someone and for them to just pop their boots and take the zone 10 meters away. Not fair.

Albion will never change something that has been in the game since near the start of the game. Sure their is some consequences where people cant wind wall as a gather because that puts them in combat, but the whole feature of it is a good one.
      I’m toxic
    • New

well, if you zone out in invis you could simple have removed that buff before you are zoned out, so it isnt unspotted, that ur no longer there.
      But here we have "heroicly" inplemented feature like "block zoinibg out" while in combat.
      It could simple be that way, that as long ur invis u cant, but thats all...

Currently it is literally invisible wall in "sandbox" game, and that solution is just poorely designed.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• New

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Exactly put.Well said
      I should maybe have worded it slightly different. Like I said in the examples I gave, gankers try to surround their victim and kill him/her. This happened to me on multiple occasions and I meant 'getting away' as in staying alive throughout this and escaping from the 'trap' or initiation of the fight so to say. I tend to be able to get to the exit(which is sometimes pretty far away) while still being chased. So yeah, 'getting away' is probably not the right way of saying it. The specific scenario that I see a problem with is having just barely made it to the exit alive after being surrounded, dismounted, almost killed and then(because they didn't manage to secure the kill in time) chased to whichever gate.It just seems unbalanced to me that, after having the odds stacked heavily against you and still managing to get away because of what feels like proper preparation, skill, and failure on said gankers part, you are not allowed to leave the zone because you f.e. slowed them once or twice. Basically the gankers just get a free kill as long as they just keep chasing you. In my opinion it'd be a lot better if you'd not be put in combat if you didn't intitiate the fight or if you only used 1 or 2 skills. Something like that.

The problem with this and THE REASON why this is in the game is to prevent people from just sitting at the gate invis ganking anyone who comes then just being able to zone out. Like say you have a zerg and on of you gets invis ganked. You will all go help him right? Oh but wait they see the zerg and just zone EVEN THOUGH they are in combat. Thats just 1 example of reasons why this IS in the game. Or even worse imagine 1v1ing someone and for them to just pop their boots and take the zone 10 meters away. Not fair.
      Albion will never change something that has been in the game since near the start of the game. Sure their is some consequences where people cant wind wall as a gather because that puts them in combat, but the whole feature of it is a good one.
      I have heard this argument before and I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that you're immune when entering the zone. The only time you won't be immune when entering a zone is if you just left a zone and immediately go back.

As for the 1v1ing, I feel the same away about this as I do with ganking. Being able to zone out in combat will make it so you have to secure the kill in time or properly CC your opponent so he won't be able to get away. I feel like this would just encourage skill-full play. Want the kill? Play better than your opponent and don't let him get away. Same goes the other way around, if you are losing the fight and want to survive, you better make sure your opponent doesn't catch you and you get to the exit with your hp above 0. Right now it's just the exact opposite. You're chasing someone and you miss your last chance to stun him before he reaches the exit? No worries, just keep following him he can't get away anyway. It's just an example but I hope you get the idea.

I love this discussion by the way, I think it's very productive to have. No hard feelings.
    • New

Qolkkalom wrote:

well, if you zone out in invis you could simple have removed that buff before you are zoned out, so it isnt unspotted, that ur no longer there.
      But here we have "heroicly" inplemented feature like "block zoinibg out" while in combat.
      It could simple be that way, that as long ur invis u cant, but thats all...

Currently it is literally invisible wall in "sandbox" game, and that solution is just poorely designed.
      I very sorry but I am having a difficult time understanding what you wrote. I understand the last sentence though and I very much agree.

The argument of 'an invisible wall being a lack of proper design' alone seems like it's enough to proof that there is a lot of room for improvement. I learned a bit about design myself and while I am obviously far from an expert, I remember my first lesson we learned the most important thing we had to always keep in mind: 'If you notice it, it's not designed well'. This means that as long as everything seems natural and you don't even think about it, it is designed well. An invisible wall seems like a perfect example of something that is designed without keeping this rule in mind.
    • New

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Exactly put.Well said
      I should maybe have worded it slightly different. Like I said in the examples I gave, gankers try to surround their victim and kill him/her. This happened to me on multiple occasions and I meant 'getting away' as in staying alive throughout this and escaping from the 'trap' or initiation of the fight so to say. I tend to be able to get to the exit(which is sometimes pretty far away) while still being chased. So yeah, 'getting away' is probably not the right way of saying it. The specific scenario that I see a problem with is having just barely made it to the exit alive after being surrounded, dismounted, almost killed and then(because they didn't manage to secure the kill in time) chased to whichever gate.It just seems unbalanced to me that, after having the odds stacked heavily against you and still managing to get away because of what feels like proper preparation, skill, and failure on said gankers part, you are not allowed to leave the zone because you f.e. slowed them once or twice. Basically the gankers just get a free kill as long as they just keep chasing you. In my opinion it'd be a lot better if you'd not be put in combat if you didn't intitiate the fight or if you only used 1 or 2 skills. Something like that.
      The problem with this and THE REASON why this is in the game is to prevent people from just sitting at the gate invis ganking anyone who comes then just being able to zone out. Like say you have a zerg and on of you gets invis ganked. You will all go help him right? Oh but wait they see the zerg and just zone EVEN THOUGH they are in combat. Thats just 1 example of reasons why this IS in the game. Or even worse imagine 1v1ing someone and for them to just pop their boots and take the zone 10 meters away. Not fair.Albion will never change something that has been in the game since near the start of the game. Sure their is some consequences where people cant wind wall as a gather because that puts them in combat, but the whole feature of it is a good one.
      I have heard this argument before and I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that you're immune when entering the zone. The only time you won't be immune when entering a zone is if you just left a zone and immediately go back.
      As for the 1v1ing, I feel the same away about this as I do with ganking. Being able to zone out in combat will make it so you have to secure the kill in time or properly CC your opponent so he won't be able to get away. I feel like this would just encourage skill-full play. Want the kill? Play better than your opponent and don't let him get away. Same goes the other way around, if you are losing the fight and want to survive, you better make sure your opponent doesn't catch you and you get to the exit with your hp above 0. Right now it's just the exact opposite. You're chasing someone and you miss your last chance to stun him before he reaches the exit? No worries, just keep following him he can't get away anyway. It's just an example but I hope you get the idea.

I love this discussion by the way, I think it's very productive to have. No hard feelings.
      Your assuming I mean they only gank people that just zone in? They gank people COMING to the gate not people actually just zoning in...
      I’m toxic
    • New

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

Then it makes no sense to me, couldn't you just do that anyway? Why would you gank people coming to the gate from within the zone if they can just pop trough? You can do that right now so that wouldn't make a difference, just lowers your chances of a successful gank since you're so close to the gate.
      obviously you have a perma CC on him? What?
      This still doesn't make a difference... Do know what CC means?
    • New

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

Then it makes no sense to me, couldn't you just do that anyway? Why would you gank people coming to the gate from within the zone if they can just pop trough? You can do that right now so that wouldn't make a difference, just lowers your chances of a successful gank since you're so close to the gate.
      Im pretty sure CC is the fucking bread and butter of ganking

You dont fucking gank without cc

Like even bloodletter use graveguard armor skinner cap

To say that CC doesn't make a difference shows you never gank or are super new.
      I’m toxic
    • New

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Nielser wrote:

Im pretty sure CC is the fucking bread and butter of ganking
      You dont fucking gank without cc

Like even bloodletter use graveguard armor skinner cap

To say that CC doesn't make a difference shows you never gank or are super new.
      I know you need CC, I mean that doesn't make a difference towards this discussion. I was saying ganking people coming to the gate doesn't wouldn't make people being able to zone out in combat already a problem. You can already do that right now, CC doesn't change that. In my opinion you should have to 'catch your prey' before he/she reaches the gate and gets away. If you can't, practice and try again.
    • New

exactly, its feel like no one have watched "Tom & Jerry" cartoon, and now are that "easygoing" cats complain about mouse running into hole. Worst is that, that devs heard thier cryies and lissen to them which are nonsense by SBI (because those cats anyway can go into this "mouse hole" anyway too).
      So devs...
      Its looks like this.
      Mouses are not able to go into "mouse hole" in which cats can go anyway.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qolkkalom ().

• New

Qolkkalom wrote:

exactly, its feel like no one have watched "Tom & Jerry" cartoon, and now are that "easygoing" cats complain about mouse running into hole. Worst is that, that devs heard thier cryies and lissen to them which are nonsense by SBI (because those cats anyway can go into this "mouse hole" anyway too).
      So devs...
      Its looks like this.
      Mouses are not able to go into "mouse hole" in which cats can go anyway.
      I would love to respond to you but I just can't make sense of what you wrote. I don't mean it in any negative way, I love to see that you care to discuss these things on the forum. You are free share your opinion obviously but I would suggest practising writing full English sentences. I really think you could have a real impact on the game/community if you did this, since I noticed you are very active on the forums ^-^.
    • New

i do practice this aspect which you did mention on this forum xD
      Obviously I could spend lots of time to build some kind of elaboration, but it could consume so much time from me, without any profit from it.
      I share some thinks, it may be used or not, and Im here only as a last breathe so it may deplete soonish™ and with that "will" to do something more, before I even started... So Im less serious, and sometimes throwing some jokes or other thinks :)

Dont know what hold You back to reffer beside of my english(which isnt realistic reason).

And Im working on my project, slowly but surely, and Ill do real impact somewhere else :)

Btw, my native language is purely based on logic, which sometimes may be seen for others that doesnt make sense, in way of communication(which isnt logical).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().