ETA character customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rolu wrote:

Jaylightsol wrote:

As in transmog where you will be able to customize your gear to look different and yes all the things mentioned above
      That will never happen. Not outside your personal island anyways. Seeing what people wear is the absolute most crucial part of this game.

Eltharyon wrote:

Player Customization Options
      Many of you have been asking us to include a customization system for your characters and we finally have a customization concept we’re happy with. There are three types of customization we want to support for now:
      1. Character Customization: The ability to change the appearance of your character after creation (including introduction of new hairstyles, beards, etc.)
      2. Wardrobe: We’re planning to add a “Wardrobe” feature, which allows you to customize your appearance by “overriding” your current looks with a more spectacular outfit. This override would by default be visible in safe zones and invisible to others in dangerous zones, though players can change this setting at will.
      3. Mount Skins: Finally, we want to add the ability to customize your mounts. Each skin would work on a particular category of mount (so others can still recognize your Oxen, although it may be a tricked out Spectre Oxen) and will allow us to reward you with cool mount skins in future Adventurer Challenges.

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…ne-Roadmap-Vision-Update/
    • CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Jaylightsol wrote:

As in transmog where you will be able to customize your gear to look different and yes all the things mentioned above
      That will never happen. Not outside your personal island anyways. Seeing what people wear is the absolute most crucial part of this game.

Eltharyon wrote:

Many of you have been asking us to include a customization system for your characters and we finally have a customization concept we’re happy with. There are three types of customization we want to support for now:
      1. Character Customization: The ability to change the appearance of your character after creation (including introduction of new hairstyles, beards, etc.)
      2. Wardrobe: We’re planning to add a “Wardrobe” feature, which allows you to customize your appearance by “overriding” your current looks with a more spectacular outfit. This override would by default be visible in safe zones and invisible to others in dangerous zones, though players can change this setting at will.
      3. Mount Skins: Finally, we want to add the ability to customize your mounts. Each skin would work on a particular category of mount (so others can still recognize your Oxen, although it may be a tricked out Spectre Oxen) and will allow us to reward you with cool mount skins in future Adventurer Challenges.

Thank you very much CassX. Yes this is what got me curious, i would like to know just a bit more detail on this particular information. Whenever possible (i do know its likely in the early stages and Mods likely cant mention much but, i would like to show there is a great interest in this. )
    • CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Jaylightsol wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

And your point is?
    • CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

And your point is?
      You wrote,it won't happen,but it happens,SBI they thinking about customization, as you can see on the roadmap for this year link I am giving you,so who knows how far they will go..
      No what I wrote and what you sent is the exact same thing.

It's not gonna happen outside of meaningless zones. Which is exactly what I said and what is being said in the quote you linked.

Customization of your character is never gonna happen since it breaks the whole game.
    • Rolu wrote:

It's not gonna happen outside of meaningless zones. Which is exactly what I said and what is being said in the quote you linked.
      Yeah now we all know how customization will look but you couldn't know that before announcement and I think here in AO there are more bad things than customizations,like cartels..But it does not belong to this thread.Anyway I'm disappointed that planned customization changes they will be just skins for animals..

Rolu wrote:

Customization of your character is never gonna happen since it breaks the whole game.
      Yes,gankers are afraid they would have it harder..But everyone know that AO is hardcore pvp right?So the SBI must take care of their hardcore players.. ^^
    • Rolu wrote:

CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

And your point is?
      You wrote,it won't happen,but it happens,SBI they thinking about customization, as you can see on the roadmap for this year link I am giving you,so who knows how far they will go..
      No what I wrote and what you sent is the exact same thing.

You wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Jaylightsol wrote:

This is not the same thing as what is happening. "Meaningless zones" is your opinion on anything less than black zone im guessing. Though you said "personal Island"

The character customization is going to happen and mount skins are this patch. Wardrobe, however it is going but its a path they are looking to take.

It was all laid out black and white clear as crystal in what the dev said is on their plate. none of it is game breaking since the visuals wont apply to enemies inside black zones. It is all a means for the player to enjoy what is on their screen.
    • CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Yeah now we all know how customization will look but you couldn't know that before announcement and I think here in AO there are more bad things than customizations,like cartels..But it does not belong to this thread.Anyway I'm disappointed that planned customization changes they will be just skins for animals..

Rolu wrote:

Yes,gankers are afraid they would have it harder..But everyone know that AO is hardcore pvp right?So the SBI must take care of their hardcore players.. ^^
      Knowing what your opponent wear is like the most basic thing and at the core of this game.
      I'm not joking when I say it would break the game.

If you don't ask yourself the question "What is my opponent wearing" that tells me a lot about your skill level.
    • @Rolu
      Depends how they implement it. If you can wear bunny costume over everything, obviously nobody will have that option turned on, but if you have "soldier armor with tiger-decoration on left pauldron" a lot of people won't mind. Then you have the option that each item has a unique reskin (imagine the current t3 adventurer armor for the soldier armor), which might be popular with some because it's easy enough to tell what item the enemy is wearing before inspecting.
    • Rolu wrote:

CassX wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Rolu wrote:

Knowing what your opponent wear is like the most basic thing and at the core of this game.I'm not joking when I say it would break the game.

If you don't ask yourself the question "What is my opponent wearing" that tells me a lot about your skill level.
      If you open the door to the imagination,there are a lot of options and variations how character customization might look,for example like what he wrote @Dacunetc.But at this point me imagination and work SBI disappointed me and they could definitely do more in that direction.But that's just my opinion. :)