Average item power formula

• Average item power formula

Can anyone give me math formula for average item power? Idk if there are 2 formulas for 1-hand and 2-hand weapon sets.

Edit.
      Please if u don't know formula that isn't 99%+ accurate don't write post...

^I want formula for this *magic picture* if u don't understand...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Accelerando ().

• All weapons/armors have a base item power

T4: 700
      T5: 800
      T6: 900
      ... you get the idea

Also each enchanted rarity add +100 item level, in other words a T4.1 item = T5 item and T4.3 = T7

Another factor to considere is the rarity, there are 5 levels of quality:

- Normal: This is the flat item power, in other words a T4 weapon has 700 item power.
      - good: + 10 item power
      - Outstanding: +20 item power
      - Excellent: + 50 item power
      - Masterpiece: + 100 item power.

So a T4 weapon masterpiece is equal to a T5 weapon normal.

Finally, your specialization of the weapon/armor. There are 2 "levels" of specialization, the one that unlock the Tier of the weapon/armor (let's say sword fighting) and the one that increase the expertise of a particular weapon/armor of a set (in this case dual sword)

- Level 1: This gives a bonus of +0.2 to all branches of the tree, in our example all swords will recieve a bonus.
      - Level 2: This gives a bonus to +0.2 all branches of the tree and +2 for the specific piece of the set, in our example should be dual sword.

a player using T5.1 dual sword outstanding quality with level 1 specialization of 10 and level 2 specialization of 5 should have a item power of:

+ 800 (base power)
      + 100 (X.1 enchanted)
      + 30 outstanding
      + 2 for level 1 specialization
      + 12 (10+2) for level 2 specialization
      = 944

Edit: Artifact items have a different base level but I'm too tired to check by myself.
    • You mean, aggregated across Hunter/Mage/Warrior types both 2 handed vs 1 handed?

Like, you want to know what the average power level of each weapon is, or which which 2 handed setup in a particular "class" will give you the best "power" increase over a single hand setup within the same "class"?

And I'm still new but I think "item power", "damage", DPS, etc are all different things. Obviously a 2 handed item is going to provide higher DPS than a single handed weapon at the expense of armor/defense.

If you want to be flexible to go either dual hand or one hand, then explore filling your artifact weapon trees. Even though it costs like triple fame, you have access to three different types of weaponry within the "spec" so I can kill mobs and run dungeons with my bloodletter and a shield or my mistcaller (though you can't build arti shield fame with arti horn fame) and then theoretically jump into PvP with deathgivers and forsake the off-hand with the same level of spec I'd have with my bloodletter.

Just something to think about.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• Zbrkesbris wrote:

Accelerando wrote:

but I mean AVERAGE item power.
      its a sum of item powers of all your equipment divided by number of equipment pieces. Bag, mount and consumables do not count.
      I don't know why you are writing this. The arithmetic mean does not work here.

For example with my equipment for 1353 IP: (2handed)

(1518 + 1345 + 1317 + 1431 + 990)/5 < 1353
      (1518 + 1345 + 1317 + 1431 + 990)/6 << 1353

Gugusteh wrote:

My guess is:
      8 x helmet_ip +
      8 x boots_ip +
      8 x cape_ip +
      16 x chest_ip +
      (24 x 1h_weapon_ip + 8 x offhand_ip or 32x 2h_weapon_ip)
      / 72

I checked, it's not true but thanks for understanding that arithmetic mean doesn't work here.
      ~~
      @'TheArimatheus u didn't understand what I mean ... I want only mathematical formula.

=========
      @Boedavildje thanks for simple answer. That's what I was looking for.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Accelerando ().

• Accelerando wrote:

Can anyone give me math formula for average item power? Idk if there are 2 formulas for 1-hand and 2-hand weapon sets.

Edit.
      Please if u don't know formula that isn't 99%+ accurate don't write post...

^I want formula for this *magic picture* if u don't understand...
      (Head + Body + Boots + Weapon_1 + Weapon_2 + cape) / 6 = Average ItemPower

Every part of your equipped gear (except bag, food, potions) count as "1" part of your Average IP.
      So you have mostly:
      • Helmet/Hood/Cowl
      • Armor/Jacket/Robe
      • Boots/Shoes/Sandals
      • Main Weapon
      • Offhand
      (for 2h it counts "Main Weapon" * 2)

So for example:

I am full 400/400, so we have:
      • Soldier Helmet: 1640 IP
      • Judicator Armor: 1712 IP
      • Royal Shoes: 1664 IP
      • Regular Hammer: 1640 IP
      • Caitiff Shield: 1688 IP
      • Bridgewatch Cape: 1340 IP
      The formula for a build with Weapon + Offhand is now:
      Soldier Helmet [1640 IP] + Judicator Armor [1712 IP] + Royal Shoes [1664 IP] + Regular Hammer [1640 IP] + Caitiff Shield [1688 IP] + Bridgewatch Cape [1340 IP] / 6 //divided by 6 because there are 6 parts

1640 * 2 + 1712 + 1664 + 1688 + 1340 = 9684
      / 6 = 1614 Average ItemPower

If you have a build with a 2-handed Weapon the Weapon counts like Weapon * 2

For example:

Armor full 400/400, Weapon almost:

• Druidic Cowl: 1664 IP
      • Royal Jacket: 1664 IP
      • Specter Shoes: 1662 IP
      • Bow: 1639 IP (*2)
      • Lymhurst Cape: 1340

The formula for a build with a 2-handed Weapon is now:
      Druidic Cowl [1664 IP] + Royal Jacket [1664 IP] + Specter Shoes [1662 IP] + Bow [1639 IP * 2] + Lymhurst Cape [1340 IP] / 6
      1664 * 2 + 1662 + (1639 * 2) + 1340 = 9608
      / 6 = 1601,333 Average ItemPower

The post was edited 1 time, last by Olyvia ().