Best mount raising for F2P

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't joke when I buy low sell high. There's no counting, just low and high. I never used to trade carrots. Now it is done to extract free carrots as well as free silver. The silver part was a mistake, I did not intend to get silver. It was supposed to be a break even trade overall. I make mistakes all the time.

I will reach 30/100 for animal breeding shortly and I got a t6 calf all ready to go. It's it definitely cheap to build my own fleet. Doesn't feel costly at all because I was able to gather t5 resource while doing the daily challenge. t6 will become risky in the black zones.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

I want to make 40x T8 ox's for personal use
      Lets go back to this earlier quote from you if I may.

There are 6 major cities, and you can have a personal island in every city (if you had the alts to do it, which you dont as you wont even get Premium on one character never mind 6) so say 12 ox for that (one kept in each city chest and on each island), plus the 5 starter cities so lets say an ox there in each one too ... thats 17 oxen.

Question ... why do you need 40 T8 ox for personal use? Under what circumstance could you envisage having a use for them. You cant say as a contingency for losing them as from what I understand you dont set foot anywhere PvP is enabled, so you wont need them as replacements or in warcamp chests.

So .. whats the thinking behind 40?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

So .. whats the thinking behind 40?
      I keep telling people I don't do math. People just refuse to believe me.

I have 20 or so mounts of all kinds now. I don't really know how many exactly. It still feels short. So doubling that up should work.

Lucifen thinks because I want so many, that means it must be something amazing. The truth is when something is so crappy, maybe overwhelm with numbers could compensate a bit. Just a gut feeling, and could be wrong.

I am getting the giant horse today. Let's see if it's crap with the speed.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

I keep telling people I don't do math. People just refuse to believe me.
      If you dont do math, then stop throwing arbitrary numbers out there .. it makes you look even more ridiculous.

Regardless, a 5 year old could probably have worked out how many T8 ox you need to operate effectively. The fact that a self proclaimed economic genius cant just beggars belief.
      Midgard
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

If you dont do math, then stop throwing arbitrary numbers out there .. it makes you look even more ridiculous.
      Regardless, a 5 year old could probably have worked out how many T8 ox you need to operate effectively. The fact that a self proclaimed economic genius cant just beggars belief.
      Well economic geniuses are too advanced for little things. If you reach a certain elevation, the numbers don't really matter. It's the the big picture that counts.
    • Player112 wrote:

Well economic geniuses are too advanced for little things. If you reach a certain elevation, the numbers don't really matter. It's the the big picture that counts.
      I think you've been rumbled. The facade is gone. You're not a genius of any sort. You're bumbling along making mistake after mistake with no clue whatsoever about how to get to your end goal. Your economics seem sketchy at best. Your relying on information given to you here and in other threads to progress in any way. Youre a fraud.
      Midgard
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

I think you've been rumbled. The facade is gone. You're not a genius of any sort. You're bumbling along making mistake after mistake with no clue whatsoever about how to get to your end goal. Your economics seem sketchy at best. Your relying on information given to you here and in other threads to progress in any way. Youre a fraud.
      Wow, psychology attack incoming. But it won't work, I am a master psychologist

I do rely on info from people. Surely, you don't expect me to go do the dirty work? As I said, I deal with the big picture.
    • Tbh everyone should leave this thread here. We already gave him the answers and formulas for his problem.

@Player112 There aren't best answers for your questions because this game is player-driven economy. Price changes every second. But formulas don't change unless devs step in. Use those formulas to find your own answers. If you hate math, grow carrots for food and T2 chicken for animal breeder fame until your animal breeder reach level 100. Then get T8 baby Ox and grow them with carrots.

Edit: Don't ask why and just do it. This is the best scenario for your problem. Problem solved. Case closed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KevinSong ().

• KevinSong wrote:

grow carrots for food and T2 chicken for animal breeder fame
      No, that's not optimum. The correct approach is to raise the cheapest animal. Being a pro trader, I could buy kids cheaper than chicken. Therefore I raise kids. It works out cheap and extremely profitable. Out of the 5 I am raising, 3 have produced 2 babies each!! That is what I call profit. I gained enough fame to skip 30/100 and went to 31/100.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

KevinSong wrote:

grow carrots for food and T2 chicken for animal breeder fame
      No, that's not optimum. The correct approach is to raise the cheapest animal. Being a pro trader, I could buy kids cheaper than chicken. Therefore I raise kids. It works out cheap and extremely profitable. Out of the 5 I am raising, 3 have produced 2 babies each!! That is what I call profit.

You nurtured it idiot. No premium means no nurture.
      Nurtured chicken has 100% for first offspring and 40% for second one.
      Nurtured goat has 100% for first offspring and 26.33% for second one.
      Chicken > Goat
    • KevinSong wrote:

You nurtured it idiot. No premium means no nurture.Nurtured chicken has 100% for first offspring and 40% for second one.
      Nurtured goat has 100% for first offspring and 26.33% for second one.
      Chicken > Goat
      I can nurture it if I want to. Your numbers are totally wrong. The return for second kid has been proven at 60%. This could be a special trader's bonus, though. Pro traders get more profit.

Pro Trader > all
    • Piddle wrote:

If someone was looking to become a Pro Trader, what steps do you recommend they take?
      Try reincarnation. Such abilities are born with, no need to think, no need to count. Can you now see how Saya wasn't a trader? You can see a real trader from a mile away because of their big grin.

We are all good at something. You just have to translate what you are good at to attain a return that satisfies you.
    • Midgard wrote:

Question ... why do you need 40 T8 ox for personal use? Under what circumstance could you envisage having a use for them.
      If this were real life I'd say, "so he can fuck them all in an effort to create a minotaur?"

But some people just want to say stupid shit to see if you take their stupid shit seriously. It's a thing people do. I've been accused of it myself on occasion.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• New

Got myself 7 x t6 calves total. With my remaining premium, I will be able to produce 15 x t6 ox's. I have 5 or more currently. They will be eating so much food, it won't even be funny. I will have to borrow free carrots from my trading stock because I am no longer confident of being able to generate enough free carrots from trading. So, I do what the US government does and borrow from the future!

Sounds stupid to you? Good.