Update on Server and compensation - Progress!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Dalhadir wrote:

      Okay, this stuff has to end now. You sleep, you eat, you go out, you do a great many things that lead to 'wasted' premium time. On top of that, the lag was less than 10 minutes an hour, or 15%. You couldn't play properly 15% of the time, get offered 50% of the time 'suffered' in premium and then you claim it's not enough? SBI doesn't owe any of us anything for this, they are being generous because they're mostly good people and most likely also to do a bit of reputation damage control.

      Let's also not forget the attacks were not constant, but had specifically affected times. About 50% of the time you lagged for 15% per hour. You're getting 7x as much premium as time lost. You lost items in the black zone and the Hellgates? So what, the killboard has never been empty before or since the issues..

      Thank you for the courteous solve, and y'all that are complaining, please stop.

      PS: Looking forward to the boots, could be a fun anecdotal item months from now.

      And to add, I've lost multiple millions in gear and resources during this period, so it's not like I don't understand.
      It is allright, I do not blame the company SBI for the issues that time, but if someone does you're just wrong.

      But even tough I want to say the compensation is enough, It really is not. I payed a month of premium that month right? As the guy said in the topic we already lose premium time naturally when we are not playing. You should know how it feels when you have the time to play the game and it is just impossible to play properly.

      To put it simply, I will not play 24/7 for a week, I will not be compensated for anything regarding fame farming that I lost because I got so tired of the game lagging that I stoped playing for that day. I love the game and I will keep playing anyway, but I will not feel compensated for the time I had frustration with the game due to the fame boost.

      In reality the only thing I want is to be able to play the game without huge spikes on my ping and some quality of life changes to the game.
    • Personally, I'm quite satisfied with the compensation offered. A week of free premium is great, and those of you who have never experienced a 25% fame boost will be surprised by the progress that you will make during that week. I love the sense of humor in the "Rubber Band Boots"

      What many seem to forget is that none of this was the Devs fault. It wasn't because of poor game design, it wasn't due to an attack on OUR servers that they failed to mitigate, it was an attack on their hosts that the HOST failed to mitigate. I'm quite sure that the Devs were burning the midnight oil trying to figure out WTF was going on and why none of their efforts to stop the attacks were effective.

      Yes we died because of what was going on, Yes we had problems doing normal activities like gathering, refining, crafting and such. Guilds even stopped launching attacks because the lag spikes were so bad that they were just donating gear to each other. But we didn't blame the devs. We blamed whoever was responsible for the attacks. Long time players knew that the devs were doing everything in their power to make sure the game was running correctly. We shut up and kept the faith that they would figure it out.

      In the meanwhile what did the devs get? A bunch people Spamming "F" in chat like that was really going to help. News Flash, It didn't. Yes the devs could have put out more frequent updates on what was going on, but what did you want them to say? "sorry no change, still working on it" They didn't put out more frequent updates because there was nothing new to report. But of course if they had put out those updates some of you would have proceeded to complain because nothing has changed. Sometimes you just can't make people happy no matter what you do.

      I for one, am happy that the game is back up and running without the huge lags and disconnects, that I'm getting free premium, a fame boost and some very interesting boots that hopefully have some kind of silly spell on them.
    • Talion wrote:

      Every character that had Premium active sometime during the affected timeframe from May 17, 00:00 UTC until May 30, 10:00 UTC (the Premium days given in/after the Tutorial do not count), will receive an additional 7 days of Premium, added when logging in for the first time after the patch. Additionally, these characters will receive a commemorative claimable item: Rubberband Boots. Wear them to relive the joyous days of lagging again!
      Hi,will these Rubberband Boots be marketable? @Evas_Flarelight / or any devs please?
    • CassX wrote:

      Talion wrote:

      Every character that had Premium active sometime during the affected timeframe from May 17, 00:00 UTC until May 30, 10:00 UTC (the Premium days given in/after the Tutorial do not count), will receive an additional 7 days of Premium, added when logging in for the first time after the patch. Additionally, these characters will receive a commemorative claimable item: Rubberband Boots. Wear them to relive the joyous days of lagging again!
      Hi,will these Rubberband Boots be marketable? @Evas_Flarelight / or any devs please?
      Sure, you put them in, you sell them, and they come running back to you instantly. :D

      No, seriously. Almost everyone gets them. Who would want to buy them then? Are they worth anything at all, even if they were rare?
    • Sawyun wrote:

      Hmm, did not get the boots nor the 7 day premium on login. How do I get them? Did buying premium thru Steam mean I don't get it?
      The previous thread states "...we will be deploying the compensation throughout the day. This means you might not instantly receive your compensation when you log in and it might take up to a day until you receive all your compensation rewards.

      As long as your premium was active during the DDoS, you'll receive 10 days total.
    • ElGranFoca wrote:

      I logged in and didn't receive the 3 premium days, nor the 7 premium days for playing with premium during the period, nor the rubber boots.
      Are you doing this gradually or what?
      Apologies for my bad English
      Yes, please have a look at the announcement in [July 12th] Delayed Compensation Rewards

      Currently there are still lots of accounts awaiting compensation but it should be all finished today (thursday).
    • Dagother wrote:

      ElGranFoca wrote:

      I logged in and didn't receive the 3 premium days, nor the 7 premium days for playing with premium during the period, nor the rubber boots.
      Are you doing this gradually or what?
      Apologies for my bad English
      Yes, please have a look at the announcement in [July 12th] Delayed Compensation Rewards
      Currently there are still lots of accounts awaiting compensation but it should be all finished today (thursday).
      Ok, thanks Dagother.
    • Sawyun wrote:

      Well the day is almost over and I did not get the boots nor the 7 day compensation. It is items dropped into our inventory or something by mail? I was running around with my inventory all full for quite a while today.
      To quote Dagother: should be all finished today (thursday).

      The Boots will be attached to a mail and not just dumped in your inventory.

      -Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
    • "...those of you who have never experienced a 25% fame boost will be surprised by the progress that you will make during that week"

      At first I thought "cool it's like a free dungeon of fame every 4 dungeons."

      After trying to fame farm "cool i'm getting dove once every 4 dungeons."

      At least twice as many divers during this event, It's actually more of an event for them than people trying to fame farm.