Full Set Bonus

• Full Set Bonus

We are what we wear, I got it!

But it would be interesting to see a passive bonus for a build on a specific cloth/leather/plate full set, so we would be encouraged not only to go as a Frankenstein Monster of sets and some more options on builds would raise up.

"Am I going to mix my set, so I get all the skills I want separately, or will I go on that cloth/leather/plate full set so have it's bonus set"?

Again, it would add more diversity to the builds and reward people who would like not to feel like a Frankenstein Monster of sets.
  • Gank wrote:

This idea is completely against the current design philiosphy. Why punish players for innovating builds? Players who mix and match lose outright stats compared to people who choose gear based on its name? No thanks.
    Sorry, friend. Where do you see punishment?

The proposal here is "will I go with my mixed set with the skill I gather together", or "will I either go on full set and chose it's bonus set it offers"?

Where is "punishment" if the two sides get different advantages?

Feel free to argue on a constructive way. It's always welcome.
  • Gank wrote:

why would one set give bonuses over another? That means you no longer are what you wear but what gives the best bonus passives.
    Sounds just like it is now. Isn't it? We chose sets because of what they offer. Even if I go on my Great Axe on a Mage Robe. Isn't it like this?

Set Bonus would give only a other playstyle option.
  • Gank wrote:

Can you share some examples of set bonuses that would be balanced in your opinion?
    No. I didn't thought about it yet.

Proposing the balances weren't my initial idea when I made this post, but made it viable, or encouraging, to go on a full set mage, who would, for example, have his Druid Sandals over his Guardian Boots, loosing it's sustainability, for going with his sandals set for a X Bonus Set. And vice versa.

I am sure I can think about some ideas over it later about balancing. We can make it viable and diverse, if we want. That's doable.
  • Point is that you dont need bonuses from set items. Only what You need to do is changing perspective on that how You look on it. Currently if You have mixed itemization, it is because You adjust items to ur gamplay. If You want play with specific items (eg assasin hood and jacket + merc shoes -> 2 items of set) then You must change anf adjust ur gameplay to that itemzation.
  • MegaEdu13 wrote:

Gank wrote:

why would one set give bonuses over another? That means you no longer are what you wear but what gives the best bonus passives.
    Sounds just like it is now. Isn't it? We chose sets because of what they offer. Even if I go on my Great Axe on a Mage Robe. Isn't it like this?
    Set Bonus would give only a other playstyle option.
    No it's forces people (because they give set bonus) to restrain on a full cloth/leather/plate set and basically it's restraining the vast amount of build possibilities.

You will say "it forces nothing" but we all know how humain brain works.
  • Owlsane wrote:

MegaEdu13 wrote:

Gank wrote:

Sounds just like it is now. Isn't it? We chose sets because of what they offer. Even if I go on my Great Axe on a Mage Robe. Isn't it like this?Set Bonus would give only a other playstyle option.
    No it's forces people (because they give set bonus) to restrain on a full cloth/leather/plate set and basically it's restraining the vast amount of build possibilities.
    You will say "it forces nothing" but we all know how humain brain works.
    Will you choose the set bonus or will you take the skills you choose separately? I think that's the point.

Sometimes, and MOST of the time, I would say, mixed items have better options, since you take all the skills you want, the bonus set would give only a chance for those who want to use a full set, be it for roleplay matter or not.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MegaEdu13: Better explanation and orthography correction. ().

• You have already something like a set bonus by chosing leather/cloth/plate gears. Depending of what type of gear you wear you get different passives to chose which is unique depending of what type of gear you wear.

Also if u wear full cloth and the skill i need is on cloth gear, then it's clearly unfair for others that need specific gears outside of the set. They lose the set bonus.
  • MegaEdu13 wrote:

We are what we wear, I got it!

But it would be interesting to see a passive bonus for a build on a specific cloth/leather/plate full set, so we would be encouraged not only to go as a Frankenstein Monster of sets and some more options on builds would raise up.

"Am I going to mix my set, so I get all the skills I want separately, or will I go on that cloth/leather/plate full set so have it's bonus set"?

Again, it would add more diversity to the builds and reward people who would like not to feel like a Frankenstein Monster of sets.
    Dude, just no. Idea might've seemed cool once it popped into your mind. If you stop and think about it for just 2 seconds you would realise what @Owlsane and @Gank are saying is correct. It's a bad idea as it's in direct opposition to the current design philosophy of Albion.