Mouse Moviment

• Currently if you click and hold, you move in that direction, but when you release it actually activates the click and chooses where your cursor is as your destination. He wants it to just stop you dead on releasing the mouse.

What he wants sounds worse to me honestly. If you want to stop where you are, just pull the cursor back towards your character before you release.

What they could do is make the space bar key a hard stop while you are on a mount though.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • In my opinion MegaEdu13 is kinda right. The movement dosen't feel good at the moment. I can't say why in detail. But I ran many times too close to the crowd or in an aoe which never happend in other top down MMOs. One thing I noticed for sure is that the character needs first an active skill to move to in cast range. It feels like in other games the characters move in castrange even if the skill is on cooldown.
      Like I said, I can't exactly say why, but both movement settings could do better for me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by chips ().

• Holoin wrote:

MegaEdu13 wrote:

Holoin wrote:

check your mouse. Character is supposed to stop after he reaches the last destination you clicked.
      Yes.And the thread proposes it to stop when we let go the mouse button.
      ? I dont understand what you are proposing. Point and click games have always worked like this, I see no problem here.

And there is no problem being like this, for you like it. I propose option. Don't wanna take your favorite playstyle away from you. Don't worry.

Piddle wrote:

Currently if you click and hold, you move in that direction, but when you release it actually activates the click and chooses where your cursor is as your destination. He wants it to just stop you dead on releasing the mouse.

What he wants sounds worse to me honestly. If you want to stop where you are, just pull the cursor back towards your character before you release.

What they could do is make the space bar key a hard stop while you are on a mount though.

You got it!
    • and it is actually in many games this way...
      If you do single click, character go in choosen position. if you hold, it goes in angle acording to position of mouse, and on release, chatacter stop.

That is good option, now i know why i felt like albion have clunky movement system.

And as it was pointed, character shoot at max range skill without changing position - that option is usually optional choice in many games, not primary. Because of that it is very unintuitive, and with that less user friendly.
      Personally I do like both, but under speciffic circumstances (different builds etc), here im forced to one, which is more times just unconfortable.
      Sometimes Ive to press S, and it just stop eg wirlwind of GAxe - current system of which we talk is just self destructive and counter intuitive. "S" key stop all action, in other games it just stop action of movement and this "s" key is intuitive like eg "ventilation shaft", players interprate it almost always like sneaky shortcut or something which can be used in favor for them - which is intuitivle implemented for players by devs as a gusture of "hey, here You can go if u struggle this time ;)". I do understand that Albion is rough, but it doesnt mean that " interface" between player and character must be clunky.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Qolkkalom ().