Solo game play

    • Ikcen wrote:

      Why nobody is asking for solo poker, solo LoL, solo Fortnite
      Those are all a thing already, though. You can solo que for any of those things you pointed out and It's fair in the sense that everyone else is just playing solo as well...it literally puts you in a "solo players only" game mode where you're matched with other solo players... Your point is bad and you should feel bad.

      The fact that you feel the need to criticize someone to make a point also makes your point completely moot. You're likely a bitter bad player yourself who's constantly dying and thinks everyone else should just do the same as you.


      Piddle wrote:

      If that isn't the world you want to live in, then join a guild which will provide a support network and knowledge base about the game that you can draw on.
      Yeah. I joined a guild that helped my girlfriend and I a ton, unfortunately it was a new guild. But the leader has been playing since we've started. We're quite attached to the guild though and all the people. Our guild's gotten 2 terries before and I was actually in the GVG that won us our second in a counter attack.

      However territories are such a 2nd job to keep under control, It's near impossible for smaller guilds to constantly be keeping them defended, it also wasn't in a zone I had any gathering options in.

      It's just disappointing I guess that the game's either "join a massive guild or not have fun." maybe in the future they'll improve the game better. It's a real shame, me and my group of friends were having a blast in the game and each of us have probably put in about 500+ hours with multiple premium accounts...but I think we're gonna move on and try and find a new game to play. Hopefully this one will improve to be more fun for everyone in the future and not the handful of veteran players that still play.

      I know you said once the game dies down it will be easier, but who wants to play in an MMO if it's dying or less population? The whole point is to play with tons of people. The fact that the developers haven't devised a way to make the game fun for everyone, even when there's a large population, is just kind of them shooting themselves in the foot, really.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Drougen ().

    • You chose for it not to be fun.

      I and many others are having lots of fun.

      You need to re-evaluate what you're doing and/or what you're going to do. Perhaps aim for your guild to join a worthy alliance. It sounds like you're biting on the risk part of the risk/reward system that is set in place and really hating the taste.

      Though I agree with some points that solo PVE needs a slight increase, in better mobs and more mobs.
      IGN: baddab, Dableus
    • Its obvious that there are some people that dont like the solo experience, as we can see new posts daily about this issue. We also have people that do like the solo experience.

      Most MMORPGs are not solo friendly. Even Wow is said to be a solo game, but its not. The first time I played Wow I played solo, got to lvl 80 and just couldnt gear up without a guild or group helping me doing dungeons. The next time I played I found some hardcore friend's and the experience was completely opposite. SWTOR kind of works solo if you totally miss the MMORPG aspect and play as it was KOTOR (a single player similar game). My point is... Playing solo a MMORPG means giving up a big part of the game.

      In Wow you can grind your way to max level solo. That was boring as hell for me. Instead, in Albion gathering is riskier and funnier than in any Pve game, I dont need to level up to enjoy the content, I dont have to follow a fixed route of questing, I am not forced to kill mobs mindlessly... And so on. Of course Albion is grindy, but you are given the option to not do it. And that is why I find this game to be more fun to play solo than a solo friendly game. Also, its kind of unique

      I really wouldn't make gathering easier or nerf PK's. Also, dont think single player RDs are a solution, as we already have single player expeditions and got bored of the once I played all the scenarios and havent touched them since (not worth 15-20 minutes for 15k silver if its boring).

      The solo experience would be better if there were more things to do. Transport contracts, treasure maps you could find and follow hints though the black zone to finally find a treasure making you explore new zones (exploration is non existent in this game as all zones seem copy and paste)...

      This is a sandbox game. The game doesn't give you fun things to do, but it gives you the option to find or make up those things. A friend that started playing with me got bored because he literally spent 2 weeks playtime gathering in blue and yellow zone. He thought that the game looked like fun because had a real economy and you could have farms, but that it was boring because you could only gather mindlessly if you played solo and you couldnt have the farm until you got 5 million silver, and that he doesn't wanted to go to red because he was fearful of being robbed. Instead, I gathered in BZ, lost 5 horses and the mule in the first few days, but eventually learned how to survive then. I also payed for premium so had the island from the start and that helped. 2 different people, 2 different experiences, one left the game, one is here defending it

      TLDR : I think the solo experience is nice and could be better but I dont think it has a estructural problem
      ¡Santiago y cierra, España!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Witiza ().

    • well, why u use wow as example? You speak that u made 80lvl, so I asume that then You did LFG mode which back then become more like "looking for bots". You could complete content not even perticipate in social part of game (by not using chat at all) and still get all items without any social interaction. With that system, (which was introduced in Wotlk expansion) You could do literally everything solo. It wasnt so visible like in WoD expansion, but it doesnt change that become solo game with wotlk.
      Wow become popular because of classic and tbc, and wotlk took everything like kid (arthas xD) and spend on silly things loosing at the end lots of players base... That wasnt panda which bring that loose, that exp was juat a nail to that lost.
      Classic was more like entering into something new, and thats was good, tbc expand that experience.
      All players could do solo content and it was road to max lvl.
      In albion you do max " lvl" farm fame in big group, and it can take longer when you do this solo.


      Yet, it is not good example to compare two of this game, because there is different core gameplay within.
      In albion solo content is avaiable if majority of groups have finish it, and only then You can seriously do something solo. If majority of groups have nothing to do, then solo players will have to face that fact be being constantly ganked by 1v10+.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

    • The point I was trying to make is that all MMORPGs even the ones that are thought to be very solo friendly (like Wow or other pve oriented MMORPGs) are much much better if you play in group. In comparison, Albion is not that bad as a solo player as some think, because the reasons I said, at least in my experience

      Albion has not been the worst solo experience I had in mmorpgs, actually, has been one of the greatest
      ¡Santiago y cierra, España!
    • That true, but it mostly is because, in wow you have classes and level, most ppl just want to get to the point when they have most important features unlocked (with that max lvl hit) and then participate in group thier activity to fullfil thier character.
      As it(eg wow) is mostly balanced at max lvl, and there is no glory fighting in ironman gear against twink rogues(because thier basic skill during lvling are overwelingly OP, and at top of that items are BiS for thier lvl) and its not worth spend time for farm and get better item for lvling as it will be garbage anyway xD
      So wow is really most solo friendly mmo in which Ive played in that leveling period time...
      In other hand albion reduce that hiting "max lvl" by fame farm in group from begining of game.
      In albion You play solo until You hit t4, then it is harder to so solo content, because of game core, which is oPvP and full loot.
      And that is why Albion get so famed across others game.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

    • The thing is, even in MMOs, you wont be playing with your friends or guildies 100% of the time. And you will not be playing solo 100% of the time either. So there needs to be valid content for both when players want to play solo and when they want to play in a group.

      Does Albion have solo content? Yes.
      Is this solo content good enough? No. It could be way better.

      There is a lot of room to make solo play more rewarding. We are not arguing about Albion being an MMO and its group content and rewards. We are discussing about improving the solo play aspect of the game, which is absolutely needed, as stated above.

      And well, because of the game's nature of full loot pvp, sometimes, improving solo play will mean shutting down some of the group play. Nerfing group gankers is an example that makes solo play more viable while making group play less viable for that specific situation.

      But there are other ways of improving solo play without hurting the group play. Here are some examples:
      -Make open world roaming mobs more rewarding (more fame, more loot)
      -Make open world mini-bosses more rewarding.
      -More gathering content (eg. gathering mini-bosses)
      -Solo / 2P random dungeons (already on the way, at least for solo)

      Personally, I really think that group ganking is currently way overpowered and it is shutting down too much solo and small-scale play.

      To wrap up, even though Albion is an MMO and its main focus is multiplayer gameplay, it NEEDS a good and strong solo play experience to be viable and keep the players interested and playing the game when they can't find others to play with, or simply don't want to.
    • If solo players will have more rewards from content, then it will atract more ganker squad as they will have more goodies in thier eq. So it overall will NOT solve problem at all. You must take note on that it is main reason why ppl gank, because of loot. If you are(as solo player) profitable by way of gain within certain time, then You surely will be ganked. If groups (as they look on that gain/h) will have content which provide more, then You'll have more chance to be not considerated to be in 1v10+ situation resulting with ur deads.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

    • Drougen wrote:

      Please add stuff to do solo. What little there is to do solo is essentially screwed over by massive alliances camping every portal in sight and gankers.

      I understand the game's a PvP oriented game and I don't think that should change, but gathering should be able to be done more safely than it is now. Whether you can survive or not shouldn't be dedicated on whether your mount magically disappears before you get on it or not. Gatherer's should still be able to get away without one if that's going to be the case.

      I don't know if I'll be able to continue playing and supporting the game if there's no kind of solo content that's fun. As it stands right now, the only thing I look forward to doing is logging in and taking care of my islands.

      I want to be able to go out by myself and gather, fame farm, or anything without needing 5-9 other people and voip.

      I'm in a great guild and have a ton of fun with everyone, but sometimes I just want to progress and do stuff in the game on my own without being teamed up on and ganked by 5-30 people.

      You can gank solo, you can do static dungeons solo, you can gather solo, you can craft and refine solo, you can get into faction warfare solo to get faction rewards, you can enter the arena solo, yo can solo que for expeditions, you can find hidden treasure solo, you can do the transport missions of the factions solo, and soon, with the next feature update, you will be able to do random dungeons solo.
      Thats about 80% of the game.

      If you cant do any of the above solo because you get killed or bullied by pkers then...

      Im not trying to be toxic here, just trying to tell you the truth: You need to get good.

      Albion is a hardcore game, made for hardcore audience. If they make the game safer they will lose their key audience. If you want a farming simulator, try harvest moon. Of even easier, Try farming simulator 17.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

    • Falk_ wrote:

      The thing is, even in MMOs, you wont be playing with your friends or guildies 100% of the time. And you will not be playing solo 100% of the time either. So there needs to be valid content for both when players want to play solo and when they want to play in a group..


      To wrap up, even though Albion is an MMO and its main focus is multiplayer gameplay, it NEEDS a good and strong solo play experience to be viable and keep the players interested and playing the game when they can't find others to play with, or simply don't want to.
      Why? You do not expect a solo games to have multiplayer content. Why you ask a multiplayer game to have solo content? Well WoW made it. They said - you have the choice to play solo or in group. And they made a heavy instanced game, where the PvP was removed step by step. Solo means safe - so a content where you cannot be interrupted by other players. Safe means no risk. And if somebody could get the same rewards without risk, why anybody will PvP? Most players do not role play, they do not live in the game, they play for the rewards. And if the solo content is not rewarding nobody will do it, probably including you.

      Drougen wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Why nobody is asking for solo poker, solo LoL, solo Fortnite

      Piddle wrote:

      If that isn't the world you want to live in, then join a guild which will provide a support network and knowledge base about the game that you can draw on.
      Yeah. I joined a guild that helped my girlfriend and I a ton, unfortunately it was a new guild. But the leader has been playing since we've started. We're quite attached to the guild though and all the people. Our guild's gotten 2 terries before and I was actually in the GVG that won us our second in a counter attack.
      However territories are such a 2nd job to keep under control, It's near impossible for smaller guilds to constantly be keeping them defended, it also wasn't in a zone I had any gathering options in.

      Anyway - the problem is the unbalanced and in general pointless GvG. The game lacks of long term multiplayer goals. They tried to copy the seasons from LoL and also the structured PvP. But these things simply do not fit into open world. And this is a huge problem. As in short term the game is fun. You have short term goals like ganking, and character progression. But in long term - the guilds are in general pointless. The GvG is 5vs5. So it is even worse in the big guilds as most of the players are excluded. The territory control is a mess. When you built your character, the game has nothing to offer as goals in a long term. That is why the GvG and territory control systems should be improved significantly.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

    • Ikcen wrote:

      Why? You do not expect a solo games to have multiplayer content. Why you ask a multiplayer game to have solo content? Well WoW made it. They said - you have the choice to play solo or in group. And they made a heavy instanced game, where the PvP was removed step by step. Solo means safe - so a content where you cannot be interrupted by other players. Safe means no risk. And if somebody could get the same rewards without risk, why anybody will PvP? Most players do not role play, they do not live in the game, they play for the rewards. And if the solo content is not rewarding nobody will do it, probably including you.

      In solo games, multiplayer is not needed because the player can enjoy the game by himself. On multiplayer games, the option to play without a premade group of friends or whatever is needed because not everyone has a lot of friends or guildies available to play with them all the time, so they have to be able to play the game when their friends are unavailable. We call that solo as well.

      Every multiplayer game has its own way of implementing solo play. Some, will implement a solo matchmaking system or queue, where the game will match you with others to play with. In the end, it is a multiplayer gameplay, but you can enter it solo, without the need of friends or a guild, group or whatever. Other games will have a solo exclusive content, a campaign or a variation of the game for playing solo, or anything that allows the player to enjoy the game when his friends are offline.

      That is not an absolute rule, but it is a good game design that leads to success. And it certainly does apply to Albion.

      The solo content albion presents to players is throwing them out in the world by themselves, solo gathering, solo ganking, solo farming and things like that. But keep in mind, while they are playing solo, they are still subject to other players activities. They can be ganked, they are subject to market stuff, they can interact with other players, etc.
      So when we say Solo in albion, we don't necessarily mean doing an isolated gameplay that is safe and has no interactions with other players. It just means that you do not depend on others to play and enjoy the game. It just happens that a lot of albion's enjoyment comes from rewards and risks and pvp. So the solution for solo play in albion is not as simple as creating a solo safe dungeon where the player has no interactions with other people. There is a lot more to it.

      So, a short answer to your question, solo does not mean safe. Solo does not mean having no interactions with others. It just means that you don't need others to group up and play with. And Albion lacks that (Or at least has it very poorly implemented).

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Falk_ ().

    • Falk_ wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Why? You do not expect a solo games to have multiplayer content. Why you ask a multiplayer game to have solo content? Well WoW made it. They said - you have the choice to play solo or in group. And they made a heavy instanced game, where the PvP was removed step by step. Solo means safe - so a content where you cannot be interrupted by other players. Safe means no risk. And if somebody could get the same rewards without risk, why anybody will PvP? Most players do not role play, they do not live in the game, they play for the rewards. And if the solo content is not rewarding nobody will do it, probably including you.
      In solo games, multiplayer is not needed because the player can enjoy the game by himself.
      WoW made it wrong. In a MMO to play multiplayer is not an option. It is the only way you can play. Here even when you go alone to gather resources you can be attacked by other players - it is multiplayer. There is not a solo ganking, as any PvP is competition with another player. Solo content is not an absolute rule, it is an issue. WoW and Everquest made it because then the internet was a new thing and most players were coming from solo games. Here, in Albion, except the safe zones, there is not any solo activity. None. Everywhere in the red and black zones, you are in competition and you need cooperation. The problem with the gathering is - there is not tools and rewards for cooperation. If a ganking party clashes with gathering party, who will win? Other games have a solo exclusive content - WoW, ESO, GW2, BDO, in fact they are almost solo exclusive. That is why LoL has 100 millions of players and WoW has up to 5 millions.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      The problem with the gathering is - there is not tools and rewards for cooperation. If a ganking party clashes with gathering party, who will win?
      Give me a T8 gathering buddy with a dps wep and hand me a great nature... I guarantee we kill any group of 4 or less gankers.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      The problem with the gathering is - there is not tools and rewards for cooperation. If a ganking party clashes with gathering party, who will win?
      Give me a T8 gathering buddy with a dps wep and hand me a great nature... I guarantee we kill any group of 4 or less gankers.
      Not going to start an argument but just want to say we all have different opinion on that matter, you can do a couple of thing if gankers are smart vs newbies.



      oaktree had to learn the hard way of what a arcana can do [purge], lucky he wasn't a greater nature or that E would of gotten purge..

      we all know that ganker aren't smart these day and bring 0 purge to the party, the best they can do to a nature is to claw them as soon as the nature start casting living armor,

      forum.albiononline.com/index.p…ature-and-a-druid-nature/

      So far many have agreed that player should indeed bring a source of purge for ganking, it works in many situations. Many of the fight I had could of been easily resolved with a simple purge, Infact



      All of my fight could of been ended with one purge.

      I even have a video break down of fights, in that series a part 3 had someone doing 1v7 [clickbait title], and it was also a nature, easy to purge and game over , plus the group was insanely dumb, the tank could of easily tanked an archfiend while the healer heals him, leaving soon to be a 2v1 than a 3v1 etc, healer almost died many time in there..

      Anyway i will agree with you. bring a greater nature to a bunch of dumies or newbie ganker and they will get rekt, bring it to a good-pro ganks and it will be the other way.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Drougen wrote:

      inacion wrote:

      I join a guild that is member of an alliance with over 100 territories. Black zone is fairly secure as long I'm at their territory.
      A big alliance also provide Intel about gank activities or regions under attack. I'm always checking alliance channel
      Yeah, It just sucks that you have to join an huge guild / alliance to have fun.
      It's not cheap, because I'm a gatherer and usually avoid get involved in fights they demand 250k donation every week, but I have more secure access to T6-T8 territories