Another update on ongoing Latency Issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lastronin wrote:

Perchta wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Perchta wrote:

Maybe I'm just lucky... yet I don't quite understand the complaints of "move the server to <wherever>. Consistently I have a ping around 18ms from Europe with an occasional spike - but not so since the lag issues seem to be solved. So anyone from Europe who has a higher ping supposedly has a bad carrier ;)
      Only way you get that ping from Europe is if you're playing on an enterprise line that has reserved broadband on the transatlantic cables. Those don't come cheap and are intended for big business' where latency is important. Say financial institutions where they do trading etc So i do believe you could have such a ping, but it's not normal and has nothing do with a bad ISP as you propose. Carrier is celluar network btw. So I'm gonna say you're full of shit/trolling anyway :D
      I'm playing from home on a normal consumer contract with one of the usual internet providers - and it's not even an expensive contract, roughly monthly 35€ for all telecomunication covering mobile, landline and internet
      Bullshit
      It's already been pointed out that the Perchta was confusing PING with refresh rate.
    • Out of curiosity, if you are just collateral damage and the DC is under attack...

Why don't you direct your internet traffic to another site, do a P2P VPN to your login server from there and switch your DNS Record from the DC under attack to the VPN site where the tunnel starts?

that is the standard response in IT to your problem...

does this not work?
    • I really like and laugh that everyone thinks they are changing providers. They did not state that anywhere as far as I can see. They said they are moving DATACENTERS. And the Large companies tend to have MULTIPLE DATACENTERS. That said they also have so many different businesses inside a data-center I can understand it taking awhile to pinpoint who a target is depending on how many people they have looking. That said for online games such as Albion it does affect their traffic way more then, a website. So they should have been informed sooner, (guessing someone was lazy). The most likely thing I think is happening is they are letting Albion and a few others who are based in the data-center migrate their servers out to other data-centers that are not under attack.
    • letwolf wrote:

Forneus wrote:

letwolf wrote:

Qolkkalom wrote:

any news about anything?
      um... oil prices are going down a bit..
      Yo letwolf! Feed your plot in Lym pls :P
      Done. use it faster - tomorrow I will lose it and my backup plot too :( Monopoly made blocking bids on ALL plots in town this month. (100+kk on EVERY plot)
      { sorry about offtopic }
      Ohh rip :/ Yeah noticed he had gone wild on the bids this month. 245 million on one plot aswell lmao :P
    • Even when there is no visible lag or DC issues my ping has consistently been double what it was prior to the last update. I very much doubt that this is coincidence. Has SBI even looked at recent updates to see what was put in place that would cause this? The dcing seems mostly done. Rubberbanding has subsided for me. All is normal except my ping has doubled........
    • Raithe wrote:

Even when there is no visible lag or DC issues my ping has consistently been double what it was prior to the last update. I very much doubt that this is coincidence. Has SBI even looked at recent updates to see what was put in place that would cause this? The dcing seems mostly done. Rubberbanding has subsided for me. All is normal except my ping has doubled........

aviir wrote:

I've seen several players who have had to search and pay for applications that lower the ping (I do not know how effective they are) to be able to play in a good way, I think that having to reach this measure by some players, points out that there really is a serious problem, and of highest priority
      Im from brazil..
      My ping before this last update was in average 130 and in that last week with the korn "trick" was for 200, the only way to fix the route problem and my ping back to 120-145 was using ExitLag.
      It really works and fine ... if you want to test you can access using my referal number that helps me too.
      exitlag.com/refer/1013012
    • People, I believe the problem will only be completely gone when one of two things happen, 1) the DDoS attacks on their service provider stops or 2) they completely migrate their servers to another service provider. (I don't know if they have a IaaS or only DBaaS or any other kind of service)

Migrating this amount of data correctly can take some time, be patient. The ping doubling I'm guessing is a collateral effect of their attempt at a fix on the high number of DCing players.

Keep work hard fellow developers, I'm really enjoying the game.
    • Vico wrote:

Raithe wrote:

Even when there is no visible lag or DC issues my ping has consistently been double what it was prior to the last update. I very much doubt that this is coincidence. Has SBI even looked at recent updates to see what was put in place that would cause this? The dcing seems mostly done. Rubberbanding has subsided for me. All is normal except my ping has doubled........

aviir wrote:

I've seen several players who have had to search and pay for applications that lower the ping (I do not know how effective they are) to be able to play in a good way, I think that having to reach this measure by some players, points out that there really is a serious problem, and of highest priority
      Im from brazil..My ping before this last update was in average 130 and in that last week with the korn "trick" was for 200, the only way to fix the route problem and my ping back to 120-145 was using ExitLag.
      It really works and fine ... if you want to test you can access using my referal number that helps me too.
      exitlag.com/refer/1013012
      This is actually expected when you have to add in multiple layers of DDOS protections and Network packet monitoring.

Everyone out there asking for more and more DDOS protections don't seem to realize how they ultimately work ..... every time you need to re-route traffic to another sniffer/scanner and verify that the traffic is in fact legitimate (vs a bot just spamming request packets) it takes time, and adds to the overall latency of the connection. The bitter truth is that if they had no DDOS issues at all, and could remove all of the protections and network routing that they have in place, then everyone out there would see a lowering of their ping by a pretty significant amount.

The latency issue affects some more than others, but everyone will see their ping increase slightly, not due to any of the game/code changes but simply because of the changes to the network protections put in place. The more "hops" the connection has to make around and through the datacenter the longer time it takes.
    • Raithe wrote:

In dependency on you are playing from you maybe see no lags. But that really is not my case.. I see people teleporting onscreen every other minute. Like when there is a red nameplate in the corner and in the next second I am rooted in lava.