Another update on ongoing Latency Issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• letwolf wrote:

If there will no relocation occur, we should make a petition for increase of light speed. This way we can bring pings down.
      Indeed, 300,000 km/s is very, very low speed for modern demands.
      Couldn't agree more, light speed hasn't been upgraded probably since "Big Bang"! It's outrageous!

How many people should suffer through inability to dodge or land skills in online games to give some attention to it.
    • Vadokishi wrote:

letwolf wrote:

If there will no relocation occur, we should make a petition for increase of light speed. This way we can bring pings down.
      Indeed, 300,000 km/s is very, very low speed for modern demands.
      Couldn't agree more, light speed hasn't been upgraded probably since "Big Bang"! It's outrageous!
      How many people should suffer through inability to dodge or land skills in online games to give some attention to it.
    • Artur White wrote:

what you have done is a temporary solution and the attackers will soon find out again the address of the new server, and again there will be a DDOS.
      Zero out of ten for reading comprehension. Jesus Christ, I mean it’s been fully explained and it’s like you never read a word of it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • MegaEdu13 wrote:

BlackKnight90 wrote:

No lags and dcs today, very good job!
      Same here.
      Came back to check it after days off and feels better. Although, my Ping is shown as 200+, I don't feel it in game, I must say. Intriguing.
      Glad they fixed it for you, now i get dced every 20 minutes sadly.
      Gamer since 2000, Country champion on Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament. Community manager of Pitbull$ Gaming, ClanCO.
    • Artur White wrote:

MegaEdu13 wrote:

We have 150+ ping here in Brazil too, mate. Only NA have 50- ping. What makes you think we are different?
      my apologies if I'm wrong about brazil. It turns out that good ping is only in Eastern America? And for everyone else (and this is most people) ping 150+? It is beautiful, logical
      The logic is: more closer to the server less ping u have. So Eastern America has the lowest ping cuz they are near to the server. The north part of Brazil play with 100-140 ping, depending of the state and the internet provider, and the south parte of Brazil plays with 200 ping or higher! You can use a program to get a premium rote to the server and reduce the ping.
    • Forneus wrote:

Holoin wrote:

Forneus wrote:

GumChopper wrote:

If earth was flat it would make sense to move the servers to EU. :D
      The EU has superior internet infrastructure compared to any other market, also better data protection laws etc. It is the superior choice by far.
      Superior or not, EU is too far from a continent with a huge player base: South America.
      There are probably just as many if not more european players, so that's a bad argument. Judging from the gear Russians and EU West players bring out, they are probably also the paying customers along with the NA players. SA just hitching a free ride.
      Let's not forget the chinese either. They are out there banging in crazy gear aswell, and they definitely have a better or likely equivalent ping to the EU.
      Lol not really...you really have no idea how many south american player there are.

Russia is barely going to see any difference in ping due to.servers probabily being in west Europe and Oceania would barely get a difference, just a little bit and not enough to become visible.

Right now south americans have about 150+ ping, similar to Europe. If servers move to Europe, they will get about 300+...that would make the game unplayable for a population of players as big as Europe. Yes, south america alone as as many players as Europe.Maybe Brazil alone has about half as many players as Europe, and thats just only one country.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

• Korn wrote:

We have never gone for a cheap option and would never do so. Our current provider is a massive, universally known tech company. That we would encounter such issues there was a big shock to us.

In general, it would also never make any commercial sense to try and save money on infrastructure in an MMORPG. The damage caused by downtimes is far higher than any cost savings could ever be.
      So why have you moved out from AWS ?

I mean for me it's fine, AWS is just the most expensive option that also makes the multi-tenant cloud model much easier to deploy and manage than other options, and I guess you don't need it. So maybe indeed paying for something that is not used makes no sense, but based on a fact that AWS is dominating the market I guess they have pretty good protection. Myself I am not security admin, so I have no idea if AWS shield really works as advertised. Also I am not sure if its not possible to buy that service from amazon for non-aws hosting.. But that's something you could research.

Anyway good luck with migration and stuff,
    • Holoin wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Holoin wrote:

Forneus wrote:

GumChopper wrote:

If earth was flat it would make sense to move the servers to EU. :D
      The EU has superior internet infrastructure compared to any other market, also better data protection laws etc. It is the superior choice by far.
      Superior or not, EU is too far from a continent with a huge player base: South America.
      There are probably just as many if not more european players, so that's a bad argument. Judging from the gear Russians and EU West players bring out, they are probably also the paying customers along with the NA players. SA just hitching a free ride.Let's not forget the chinese either. They are out there banging in crazy gear aswell, and they definitely have a better or likely equivalent ping to the EU.
      Lol not really...you really have no idea how many south american player there are.
      Russia is barely going to see any difference in ping due to.servers probabily being in west Europe and Oceania would barely get a difference, just a little bit and not enough to become visible.

Right now south americans have about 150+ ping, similar to Europe. If servers move to Europe, they will get about 300+...that would make the game unplayable for a population of players as big as Europe. Yes, south america alone as as many players as Europe.Maybe Brazil alone has about half as many players as Europe, and thats just only one country.
      Still considering how many Brazil players joined when they launched f2p. I very much suspect that they arn't the paying customers.
    • Perchta wrote:

Maybe I'm just lucky... yet I don't quite understand the complaints of "move the server to <wherever>. Consistently I have a ping around 18ms from Europe with an occasional spike - but not so since the lag issues seem to be solved. So anyone from Europe who has a higher ping supposedly has a bad carrier ;)
      Only way you get that ping from Europe is if you're playing on an enterprise line that has reserved broadband on the transatlantic cables. Those don't come cheap and are intended for big business' where latency is important. Say financial institutions where they do trading etc So i do believe you could have such a ping, but it's not normal and has nothing do with a bad ISP as you propose. Carrier is celluar network btw. So I'm gonna say you're full of shit/trolling anyway :D
    • Forneus wrote:

Perchta wrote:

Maybe I'm just lucky... yet I don't quite understand the complaints of "move the server to <wherever>. Consistently I have a ping around 18ms from Europe with an occasional spike - but not so since the lag issues seem to be solved. So anyone from Europe who has a higher ping supposedly has a bad carrier ;)
      Only way you get that ping from Europe is if you're playing on an enterprise line that has reserved broadband on the transatlantic cables. Those don't come cheap and are intended for big business' where latency is important. Say financial institutions where they do trading etc So i do believe you could have such a ping, but it's not normal and has nothing do with a bad ISP as you propose. Carrier is celluar network btw. So I'm gonna say you're full of shit/trolling anyway :D
      I'm playing from home on a normal consumer contract with one of the usual internet providers - and it's not even an expensive contract, roughly monthly 35€ for all telecomunication covering mobile, landline and internet

The post was edited 2 times, last by Perchta ().

• Paulii wrote:

To be honest, I can't believe an 18 ping from europe to northamerica either...
      It is possible, but unless they configured his line on their end in an incorrect manner, it's not normal, nor free ;) I had an office in Barcelona where we had reserved boradband, the ping to NY City was 23-25 ms. Never 18 though, but that could've improved, since this was 6 years ago last i tested it.