I'm not done with this.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm not done with this.

This forum (if I'm not mistaken) is for communcative expression, specifically this section is for Rants.

So even though this initial thread has been locked as its opening question has been answered and clarified, there were other issues that arose within it that personally I am too fascinated by to let go so easily.

I will understand if mods wish to lock this thread, but I am requesting that the sidetracked path of digression can be elaborated on by the community, as I think it's necessary.

did the devs ACTUALLY say this?

-=-

The post was edited 3 times, last by Napsack (Yesterday, 11:47pm).
      First of all I am socially retarded and i go on rants like most genius's
      do. It's tough to be a genius, idk what to tell you. And you can't
      describe chess in 1-2 sentences. Clearly you haven't played the game
      though so it's okay, at least you tried.

And it is beneficial to everyone, a option that would be optional to
      change from a colour pallet based CD timer to a numerical would
      literally benefit everyone. I don't know what else to say, if you can't
      grasp that concept you might be retarded or live in Alabama. Get
      yourself checked out.

Negatives about being a genius

-socially awkward

-poor grammar

-no friends

Positive's

-I'm smarter than you

Oh another good positive is the ability to set up passive income so you
      can sit at home and play video games all day. Good luck figuring that
      one out boys by the age of 28

Also I'd like to point out, it's not my fault you guys can't think
      before you speak and just say random illogical words. It's like you
      don't have an opinion so your just say random things. If someone said,
      this game is coded using X and a flaw of using X is Y so adding a
      numerical value would add Z amount of dev time and would be harder to do
      or something to that effect that okay. That hypothetical statement that
      would definitely worth saying. But you guys just say random words and
      call people dumb. The man with the highest IQ in the world said, if you
      can't understand someone, that YOU are the fool. I can understand all of
      you, your idiots. But you can't understand me. So always remember, YOU
      are the fool.

I will delve into your personal psychology tomorrow by analyzing your
      writing style tomorrow, resulting into completely destroying your spirit
      (if requested). Right now I'm too tired though as I've been doing smart
      people stuff and have been awake for 34 hours.

-=-

So I quote:

"And it is beneficial to everyone, a option that would be optional to change from a colour pallet based CD timer to a numerical would literally benefit everyone."

People who have dyslexia would have trouble with numbers, just as someone who is colourblind would have problems with colours.

"if you can't understand someone, that YOU are the fool."

Generally the sober can't understand drunk people. Does that therefore make the sober, fools?

"I will delve into your personal psychology tomorrow by analyzing your writing style tomorrow"

You typed tomorrow, twice in one sentence. Either this was intentional, or this was an oversight. So let's respond to that how you opened the initial thread. I am unsure if you intended to type tomorrw twice in one sentence, but if you did not intend to do that, you might well have a shorter attention span than the average person. If you did intend to do that, I take back the assumption that you have a shorter attention span than the average person. Wait deja vu, didn't I type that already?

"Right now I'm too tired though as I've been doing smart people stuff and have been awake for 34 hours."

The recommended amount of sleep is around 8 hours a day. Staying awake for 34 hours can do damage to the body, particularly the brain, as you can cause yourself to suffer sleep-deprivation. This can cause people to react in an irritable way, and even reduce their ability to operate at maximum efficiency. Source: medicalnewstoday.com/articles/307334.php So even if you were doing 'smart people stuff'; you certainly weren't doing it as well as a healthier mind could.

"Negatives about being a genius
      -socially awkward
      -poor grammar
      -no friends

Positive's
      -I'm smarter than you "

It comes at no surprise to me to see a correlation between considering oneself having 'no freinds' and simultaneously being a self-appointed 'genius', looking down on others by claiming to be smarter than them, with a demonstration of that claim being your chess-playing ability.
      "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
      bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build
    • Hey there,

I have locked the thread because it has been terribly side-tracked starting even with the first post. Which is exactly why I have invited the OP (or anyone else reading my post), to re-post their suggestion in a manner that is appropriate for the Feedback & Suggestions forum.

If you wish to continue with the trashtalk, then the best place for that would be our Banter forum - although I have to warn you that I got 2nd place in chess regionals - so I might just join you there and mop the floor with all of you :D
    • The important thing to take away from that thread was that chess is a machine solvable game of perfect information and only Chads and Deborahs brag about being good at things that inanimate objects are better at.

It is no different than bragging that you managed to warm bread up enough to dry it out without burning it completely. Thanks Deborah, but we found a better solution to that some time ago. It's called a toaster. Look it up.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Elsa wrote:

Hey there,

I have locked the thread because it has been terribly side-tracked starting even with the first post. Which is exactly why I have invited the OP (or anyone else reading my post), to re-post their suggestion in a manner that is appropriate for the Feedback & Suggestions forum.

If you wish to continue with the trashtalk, then the best place for that would be our Banter forum - although I have to warn you that I got 2nd place in chess regionals - so I might just join you there and mop the floor with all of you :D
      Oh Elsa's good at chess! dat dps!

Piddle wrote:

The important thing to take away from that thread was that chess is a machine solvable game of perfect information and only Chads and Deborahs brag about being good at things that inanimate objects are better at.

It is no different than bragging that you managed to warm bread up enough to dry it out without burning it completely. Thanks Deborah, but we found a better solution to that some time ago. It's called a toaster. Look it up.
      lol toaster!
      "I am no jedi, I am no sith, but when one dreams of world peace, irreconcilable hatred is entirely counter-productive."
      bit.ly/kudasai-recruitment bit.ly/penguin-knockback-build