Viability of Island buildings

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Viability of Island buildings

      I wanted to do my own mounts and created a Tanner building for my island in Limhurst. Using the building is free but I have to feed it food. Also I don't get bonus of a city building. It's not clear it will work out cheaper or more expensive than using the city shops. Anyone knows?

      I am thinking of opening the Tanner to the public and set a competitive usage fee. I will not attempt to make profit from that but just to keep the building self-funding. Will the lower usage fee overcome the city shop bonus for people using my building?
    • SHARKY wrote:

      But city plots have advertising in the form of the city map, therefore attracting business. Where are you going to advertise?
      My primary advantages will be charm and understanding of applied economics. But before you burst out laughing, let me remind you about your previous laughs. Same thing will happen.

      I can advertise here.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

    • Player112 wrote:

      SHARKY wrote:

      But city plots have advertising in the form of the city map, therefore attracting business. Where are you going to advertise?
      My primary advantages will be charm and understanding of applied economics. But before you burst out laughing, let me remind you about your previous laughs. Same thing will happen.
      And to think, I was actually taking you seriously for once...
    • Xetic wrote:

      Yes but you get more resources back from city shops, also the owners collect tax to pay for the food, upgrade costs and bidding ;)
      If I collect lower tax, would that not erase the city shop bonus advantage? Additionally, I don't have rent, and I don't need to make a profit. My sole purpose will be maintaining the building at 0 cost and 0 profit to me.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

    • Player112 wrote:

      Xetic wrote:

      Yes but you get more resources back from city shops, also the owners collect tax to pay for the food, upgrade costs and bidding ;)
      If I collect lower tax, would that not erase the city shop bonus advantage?
      nope ..
      The Fee is % of the Item Value u craft => for example if you want to craft a t4 worked leather at 15% Tax you would have to pay: 14 * 0,15 => 2 Silver
      And you would get basic returns of 15% (if you dont use focus in cities)

      Craftig Receipt: 1 Worked Leather T3 + 2 T4 Medium Hide
      Cost for the T3 Leather => 196 Silver
      Cost for the Medium Hide => 104 Silver / per
      Total Cost for Crafting => 196 + 104 + 104 + 2 Silver => 406 Silver
      15% Return of the 404 Silver (Items without Tax) => 61 Silver.. Basically you dont get Silver back but Items but the value should stay the same

      Therefor the Tax in a City has to be over 61 Silver or > 400% Tax and thats for one of the cheapest crafts ;D that it would be more profital to craft on an Island with 0% Tax
    • Xetic wrote:

      nope ..The Fee is % of the Item Value u craft => for example if you want to craft a t4 worked leather at 15% Tax you would have to pay: 14 * 0,15 => 2 Silver
      And you would get basic returns of 15% (if you dont use focus in cities)

      Craftig Receipt: 1 Worked Leather T3 + 2 T4 Medium Hide
      Cost for the T3 Leather => 196 Silver
      Cost for the Medium Hide => 104 Silver / per
      Total Cost for Crafting => 196 + 104 + 104 + 2 Silver => 406 Silver
      15% Return of the 404 Silver (Items without Tax) => 61 Silver.. Basically you dont get Silver back but Items but the value should stay the same

      Therefor the Tax in a City has to be over 61 Silver or > 400% Tax and thats for one of the cheapest crafts ;D that it would be more profital to craft on an Island with 0% Tax
      This is very advanced math. I can honestly I don't understand it.

      Are you saying for someone to craft at my island shop that charges 15% tax is same as if he went to a city shop that charged 400% tax?
    • The tax the game collects does not drive from the player driven silver value of an item. It is instead driven by a value assigned to each item in the game code. Because that item value assigned by the game is way lower than the player driven silver value value of materials, it takes ridiculously high taxes to cancel out the higher resource return rate of city stations.
    • Player112 wrote:

      Xetic wrote:

      nope ..The Fee is % of the Item Value u craft => for example if you want to craft a t4 worked leather at 15% Tax you would have to pay: 14 * 0,15 => 2 Silver
      And you would get basic returns of 15% (if you dont use focus in cities)

      Craftig Receipt: 1 Worked Leather T3 + 2 T4 Medium Hide
      Cost for the T3 Leather => 196 Silver
      Cost for the Medium Hide => 104 Silver / per
      Total Cost for Crafting => 196 + 104 + 104 + 2 Silver => 406 Silver
      15% Return of the 404 Silver (Items without Tax) => 61 Silver.. Basically you dont get Silver back but Items but the value should stay the same

      Therefor the Tax in a City has to be over 61 Silver or > 400% Tax and thats for one of the cheapest crafts ;D that it would be more profital to craft on an Island with 0% Tax
      This is very advanced math. I can honestly I don't understand it.
      Are you saying for someone to craft at my island shop that charges 15% tax is same as if he went to a city shop that charged 400% tax?
      No. What it says is:

      For someone to craft at your island for 0% Tax is the same as if he crafts in the city for 400% tax => never worth it to craft on island
    • Xetic wrote:

      the 15% is on non bonus resources xD

      only thing that might be thinkable to use on an island is the meat stuff .. since you dont get resources back from that

      Everything else is: Standard 15% back, with Focus 44%
      Bonus Cities i think are 35% basic + 64% with focus? cant confirm since i mostly craft only in caerleon xD
      Well, that gives me something to chew on. We can exclude the focus bonus because that applies universally to all shops.

      Feel free to add anything else useful. As always, I tell people that I know not much about the game. What is obvious to other people is not always obvious to me.

      I can certainly add meat shops to my advantage. If I have a "supermarket" island that sells everything, perhaps people will over look the drawbacks, at least on occasions. For noobs, they won't care. They'll pay anything as long as it's quick and easy.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

    • Player112 wrote:

      Xetic wrote:

      the 15% is on non bonus resources xD

      only thing that might be thinkable to use on an island is the meat stuff .. since you dont get resources back from that

      Everything else is: Standard 15% back, with Focus 44%
      Bonus Cities i think are 35% basic + 64% with focus? cant confirm since i mostly craft only in caerleon xD
      Well, that gives me something to chew on. We can exclude the focus bonus because that applies universally to all shops.
      Feel free to add anything else useful. As always, I tell people that I know not much about the game. What is obvious other people is not always obvious to me.

      I can certainly add meat shops to my advantage. If I have a "supermarket" island that sells everything, perhaps people will over look the drawbacks, at least on occasions. For noobs, they won't care. They'll pay anything as long as it's quick and easy.
      It's not going to work. You simply will not be able to drive enough players to your island, to make it pay.
    • If you want to break into station game, you should just go all out on the city plot game. Be warned that it takes a lot of capital to break into. Get several well upgraded islands rolling through alt characters to get good streamlined food production. Save yourself up 300m to handle the bid, station construction, repairs, and any food shortcomings.