Vanity & Customization

    • I wasn't talking about MP mounts - that's a big concern and it should be addressed.
      I was talking about the whole idea of bashing an update that is generally good for most of the playerbase with ridiculous claims (slippery slope into game not being full loot anymore or the update being pointless because people won't have the skins turned on). You have all the right to express that you're upset (and I'd do too if this update didn't benefit my intends), but you have to acknowledge that there are both pro and con points on this update for every player out there with the exception of maybe Bogul.
    • H4n1baL wrote:



      There's two mounts (Bonehorse & Morgana Mare) that aren't following the scheme described above. That's because they can only be crafted with an additional crafting ingredient (Necromantic Elixir & Morgana Mare Saddle). You will continue to be able to craft the mounts and use them. But they are also being converted into skin-unlock items with Percival. Additionally with today's patch we reduced the droprate for these crafting ingredients drastically (to around 10%) in random dungeons because when you drop one, it now essentially means that you found a permanent skin for your riding horse or your armored horse. "
      I'm not sure what this means exactly, does this mean that you'll still be able to craft morgana mares such as you would with them normally, but only for cosmetic skin tokens? And if so, would quality of already existing mounts affect the tokens in rarity if I were to not use them and instead sell them after the update?
    • Zorva wrote:

      Fary wrote:

      Your attitude is selfish, childish and not very supportive in this matter, when there are intermediate solutions to not disturb anyone.
      The main thing I have an issue with is the way Captainrussia assumes many things.
      -Captainrussia assumes I don't play in the red or black zone even though I'm in Conflict and it is my duty to help the clan take over territories. If I do not carry out this duty, I will be kicked from the clan. Period. That's their policy. My clan's banner hangs in the Conquerer's Hall in Caerleon and I've actively contributed that glory many times. I've also had to collect resources for my clan by running through half a continent of hostile territory and help my clan in black zone dungeons. If he wants, I will gladly invite him to Conflict's island where he can talk to my clan mates. I'll even invite you along for some dungeon runs in black zone if you want.
      -Captainrussia assumes I have a victimization agenda even though I've never claimed to be a victim.
      -Captainrussia assumes I Role Play when I'm too busy gathering and crafting while occasionally doing dungeons, guild fights, expedition, and faction warfare.
      -Captianrussia assumes only 1% of the player base is affected or disagrees with this update. On this note I'd like to flip the evidence script on Captainrussia and ask where this statistic came from. Can I see your evidence?
      -Captainrussia assumes and has called many players on this thread naive even though, from my observation, some of those players have played much longer than Captainrussia and have much more experience with the game, its mechanics, it's history, and the promises developers have made over time.

      These are simply the facts of Captainrussia's comments. Captainrussia, if you read this I would like to give you some friendly and valuable advice I would like you to take to heart. Advice I think will serve you well in your life in general if you decide to take it. I'm a school teacher and before getting my job, my mentor gave me some advice I would now like to pass unto you. He said, "Never assume anything about anyone at anytime". The moral of that phrase is that a person does not know the past history of other individuals, where they've been, what they know, what they've experienced, what they are capable of, and so on. Stick to the facts, stick to what you know, and never assume anything about anyone. I know this is just a forum on a video game, but I beseech you don't recreate this behavior in real life. I'm telling you this because I care about you and this is something you can work on to better yourself. I wish you all the best and good luck.
      So I actually gave you a like because I agree with what you've said in regards to the "life advice". For that same very reason I don't actually assume anything about anyone on the internet (confusing right?). Unfortunately there is no easy to way to tell a newb from a PRO player, there is no way to "right-click" + inspect a player's forum account like I can do in the game. In the game, I can see a lot of info about you - your guild, your PVE/PVP fame, your kills and losses, etc... I can further use ALbion2D or the killboard to find out more (i.e how much "bling" do you carry when you die, and do you wear 8.2 gear - meaning that you GvG). There is none of that on the forums. And obviously asking up front "hey who are you and how much experience do you have?" backfires more often then not.

      So what I did here - is I "falsely assumed" a bunch of things about you, in order to get you triggered (and I succeeded) - so that you can pretty much give out all that information on your own. Now I know your guild/alliance, I can tell that you're not a noobie and not really a role-player. You are also a mature person, because even though you got triggered and went on the defensive - you did not flame me back. Kudos for that!

      However now I'm pretty baffled. Why would a PRO player in a top alliance (SQUAD?) gather t1 stones in noob zones? And is that really where the SQUAD players take out their vanity mounts? To the noob zones, lol? Again, I suppose I should not judge, you can play your game however you want... but Im just really confused. Especially about the fact that you are complaining so much about the mount-to-skin change.
      You're in a TOP alliance in the game - you should have better things to do then complain about a couple of vanity mounts! No? How do you think this makes you look and makes the entire alliance look?


      Anyway, I've already stated all that I wanted to stay in this thread. Having worked in IT and close to Software Development, (especially with start up companies) I completely understand why SBI are treating this "transition to skins" the way they are. There is a concept that gets thrown a lot in Software Development called "low hanging fruit" - meaning that most of the time companies want to put in the least effort to achieve the most result. Something that is a "quick turnaround" with as little side-effects (bugs) as possible. Is it ideal? Nope. But can we blame a 30-man small "startup-like" video-game developer for being "not ideal"? Not in my book. If they were Blizzard or Bethesda or Google - I'd hold them accountable for everything. But not in this situation.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Zorva wrote:

      Fary wrote:

      Your attitude is selfish, childish and not very supportive in this matter, when there are intermediate solutions to not disturb anyone.
      The main thing I have an issue with is the way Captainrussia assumes many things.-Captainrussia assumes I don't play in the red or black zone even though I'm in Conflict and it is my duty to help the clan take over territories. If I do not carry out this duty, I will be kicked from the clan. Period. That's their policy. My clan's banner hangs in the Conquerer's Hall in Caerleon and I've actively contributed that glory many times. I've also had to collect resources for my clan by running through half a continent of hostile territory and help my clan in black zone dungeons. If he wants, I will gladly invite him to Conflict's island where he can talk to my clan mates. I'll even invite you along for some dungeon runs in black zone if you want.
      -Captainrussia assumes I have a victimization agenda even though I've never claimed to be a victim.
      -Captainrussia assumes I Role Play when I'm too busy gathering and crafting while occasionally doing dungeons, guild fights, expedition, and faction warfare.
      -Captianrussia assumes only 1% of the player base is affected or disagrees with this update. On this note I'd like to flip the evidence script on Captainrussia and ask where this statistic came from. Can I see your evidence?
      -Captainrussia assumes and has called many players on this thread naive even though, from my observation, some of those players have played much longer than Captainrussia and have much more experience with the game, its mechanics, it's history, and the promises developers have made over time.

      These are simply the facts of Captainrussia's comments. Captainrussia, if you read this I would like to give you some friendly and valuable advice I would like you to take to heart. Advice I think will serve you well in your life in general if you decide to take it. I'm a school teacher and before getting my job, my mentor gave me some advice I would now like to pass unto you. He said, "Never assume anything about anyone at anytime". The moral of that phrase is that a person does not know the past history of other individuals, where they've been, what they know, what they've experienced, what they are capable of, and so on. Stick to the facts, stick to what you know, and never assume anything about anyone. I know this is just a forum on a video game, but I beseech you don't recreate this behavior in real life. I'm telling you this because I care about you and this is something you can work on to better yourself. I wish you all the best and good luck.
      So I actually gave you a like because I agree with what you've said in regards to the "life advice". For that same very reason I don't actually assume anything about anyone on the internet (confusing right?). Unfortunately there is no easy to way to tell a newb from a PRO player, there is no way to "right-click" + inspect a player's forum account like I can do in the game. In the game, I can see a lot of info about you - your guild, your PVE/PVP fame, your kills and losses, etc... I can further use ALbion2D or the killboard to find out more (i.e how much "bling" do you carry when you die, and do you wear 8.2 gear - meaning that you GvG). There is none of that on the forums. And obviously asking up front "hey who are you and how much experience do you have?" backfires more often then not.
      So what I did here - is I "falsely assumed" a bunch of things about you, in order to get you triggered (and I succeeded) - so that you can pretty much give out all that information on your own. Now I know your guild/alliance, I can tell that you're not a noobie and not really a role-player. You are also a mature person, because even though you got triggered and went on the defensive - you did not flame me back. Kudos for that!

      However now I'm pretty baffled. Why would a PRO player in a top alliance (SQUAD?) gather t1 stones in noob zones? And is that really where the SQUAD players take out their vanity mounts? To the noob zones, lol? Again, I suppose I should not judge, you can play your game however you want... but Im just really confused. Especially about the fact that you are complaining so much about the mount-to-skin change.
      You're in a TOP alliance in the game - you should have better things to do then complain about a couple of vanity mounts! No? How do you think this makes you look and makes the entire alliance look?


      Anyway, I've already stated all that I wanted to stay in this thread. Having worked in IT and close to Software Development, (especially with start up companies) I completely understand why SBI are treating this "transition to skins" the way they are. There is a concept that gets thrown a lot in Software Development called "low hanging fruit" - meaning that most of the time companies want to put in the least effort to achieve the most result. Something that is a "quick turnaround" with as little side-effects (bugs) as possible. Is it ideal? Nope. But can we blame a 30-man small "startup-like" video-game developer for being "not ideal"? Not in my book. If they were Blizzard or Bethesda or Google - I'd hold them accountable for everything. But not in this situation.
      Sigh... mommy and daddy are fighting again...come now children lets look away and play poke the heretic...
    • Jaylightsol wrote:


      Sigh... mommy and daddy are fighting again...come now children lets look away and play poke the heretic...
      No I think we're good. I had no problems with Captainrussia arguments about the update and I could understand where they were coming from. It was just the constant false assumptions about me I didn't like which did, as Captainrussia stated, made me go from presenting arguments to going on the defensive. I admit it. Captainrussia stated they falsely assumed things about me and now we're good. Throughout our discussion I tried not to personally attack Captainrussia and keep the conversation as civil as possible.

      Dacunetc wrote:

      I wasn't talking about MP mounts - that's a big concern and it should be addressed.
      I was talking about the whole idea of bashing an update that is generally good for most of the playerbase with ridiculous claims (slippery slope into game not being full loot anymore or the update being pointless because people won't have the skins turned on). You have all the right to express that you're upset (and I'd do too if this update didn't benefit my intends), but you have to acknowledge that there are both pro and con points on this update for every player out there with the exception of maybe Bogul.
      Now you bring up a good point and only after reflecting on it I realized I never gave a balanced assessment of the update in regard to mounts. I focused on the negative possibilities of the update but not the positive. I can see how others may have thought I had a victimization agenda based on this even though that wasn't my intention. Anyways, there are four positives that I can think of in regards to this update. First, players, if they consume the skin, will never have to worry about their rare mounts being taken from them ever again. In a way, this is a nice security to have as a player can enjoy their rare mount and not worry about losing it. If they are killed, they only have to worry about losing a basic mount which can be easily replaced. Second, players will now ride their rare mounts into red and black zones in which many players do not currently. Third, even though I don't quite understand as I said earlier how this system will make it easier to implement new items, I will say that this will help the devs put out new content. Fourth, some mounts will actually get an upgrade. Lets say I'm riding a T8 masterpiece ox, if I decide to ride with the Legendary Explorer's Ox skin it will have much better stats than it's current counterpart. This goes for many of the lower tier vanity items. So with the update, you can have the look of the mount you want with superior stats.

      Alright, I think this finally rounds out my arguments in regards to mount skins. Thanks Dacunetc for pointing out that I had not offered a balanced assessment of the update! In regards to my previous critiques, I stand by what I said.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter
    • Too many pages to keep reading this tonight, le gf gonna murder me if she realize how late I'm up.

      Bogul wrote:

      So you will create finite items that will be worth billions of silver?

      With essentially - a year from now shooting yourself in the face, because new and casual players can never acquire these - generating silent resentment aka "I can never catch up" in the meantime?
      Nobody a year from now is going to give a damn - the same way that those of us starting out recently don't particularly care that we missed out on the exclusive supporter pack mounts. If you care, that's your problem not SBI's.


      Forneus wrote:

      How come you decide to implement this retroactively.... You had the opportunity to do this for future mounts only, but decided to massively interfere with the player market by doing this. The market is critically important in AO, you can't just change demand/supply and value of vanity items this way without messing with a whole lot of things.

      I'm one of the people who plays 2 chars on separate accounts mainly, i used to share the fun mounts among these two and now I'm gonna have to decide which char i wanna have the cool mounts on? Fuck that.

      I'm going to just stash the mounts and sell the consumables in a years time at exorbitant prices that will most likely happen due to the now accelerated item destruction you've introduced for these mounts.

      Good luck new players getting the rare skins, they just got a whole lot more expensive or completely unavailable.
      Player economy is affected by game patches!? WOT!? Change happens. Just because a change will affect the economy doesn't make it a bad change. You are just mad that you don't have enough silver to dump into buying up mounts that you THINK will skyrocket in price, or do not have enough faith in your belief that it will ACTUALLY affect the economy enough to invest in it and are opting instead to moan on the forums about it.



      Forneus wrote:


      AYRAFUCKHERO wrote:

      HAHAHA millionaire men with extravagant mounts, now they will not help!!
      the price of your valuable saddles will fall :D :D :D :D
      You don't market do you?
      They introduced item destruction for gear that previously saw little to none. They just got a hell lot more expensive, if you wanted less gatekeeping and less millionaires, the literal opposite just happened. Why do you think they removed existing orders from the market place? Because they are now massively undervalued.

      Less millionaires? I feel like either you guys don't know how to make silver in Albion or you don't know what the word 'millionaire' means.


      Mishirene wrote:

      Two questions.

      Will we be able to increase the size of our Morganas?


      And secondly, what would it take to convince you guys to put a goat mount?

      I second the wish for a goat mount, and while we're at it can we get T3/4/5/6+ donkeys as well?

      Heppernaut wrote:

      Let's take all the rich players of Albion Online, the RICH ones, who have all the recruiter mounts in a chest somewhere "Just because"

      And lets multiply their money with no thought.

      5/7 update.
      If their recruiter mounts have been sitting in a chest somewhere "just because," do you really think they are going to want to get rid of them once their value goes up even higher? That isn't how collections work.

      I might come back to this tmrw, but probably not (see siggy,) in the meantime though thanks for the info SBI the new cosmetics look great!
      I probably don't really care. Yeah no, not even about that. Nope. Juuust move along.
    • Frawst wrote:

      Too many pages to keep reading this tonight, le gf gonna murder me if she realize how late I'm up.

      Bogul wrote:

      So you will create finite items that will be worth billions of silver?

      With essentially - a year from now shooting yourself in the face, because new and casual players can never acquire these - generating silent resentment aka "I can never catch up" in the meantime?
      Nobody a year from now is going to give a damn - the same way that those of us starting out recently don't particularly care that we missed out on the exclusive supporter pack mounts. If you care, that's your problem not SBI's.

      Forneus wrote:

      How come you decide to implement this retroactively.... You had the opportunity to do this for future mounts only, but decided to massively interfere with the player market by doing this. The market is critically important in AO, you can't just change demand/supply and value of vanity items this way without messing with a whole lot of things.

      I'm one of the people who plays 2 chars on separate accounts mainly, i used to share the fun mounts among these two and now I'm gonna have to decide which char i wanna have the cool mounts on? Fuck that.

      I'm going to just stash the mounts and sell the consumables in a years time at exorbitant prices that will most likely happen due to the now accelerated item destruction you've introduced for these mounts.

      Good luck new players getting the rare skins, they just got a whole lot more expensive or completely unavailable.
      Player economy is affected by game patches!? WOT!? Change happens. Just because a change will affect the economy doesn't make it a bad change. You are just mad that you don't have enough silver to dump into buying up mounts that you THINK will skyrocket in price, or do not have enough faith in your belief that it will ACTUALLY affect the economy enough to invest in it and are opting instead to moan on the forums about it.


      Forneus wrote:

      AYRAFUCKHERO wrote:

      HAHAHA millionaire men with extravagant mounts, now they will not help!!
      the price of your valuable saddles will fall :D :D :D :D
      You don't market do you?They introduced item destruction for gear that previously saw little to none. They just got a hell lot more expensive, if you wanted less gatekeeping and less millionaires, the literal opposite just happened. Why do you think they removed existing orders from the market place? Because they are now massively undervalued.
      Less millionaires? I feel like either you guys don't know how to make silver in Albion or you don't know what the word 'millionaire' means.


      Mishirene wrote:

      Two questions.

      Will we be able to increase the size of our Morganas?


      And secondly, what would it take to convince you guys to put a goat mount?
      I second the wish for a goat mount, and while we're at it can we get T3/4/5/6+ donkeys as well?

      Heppernaut wrote:

      Let's take all the rich players of Albion Online, the RICH ones, who have all the recruiter mounts in a chest somewhere "Just because"

      And lets multiply their money with no thought.

      5/7 update.
      If their recruiter mounts have been sitting in a chest somewhere "just because," do you really think they are going to want to get rid of them once their value goes up even higher? That isn't how collections work.
      I might come back to this tmrw, but probably not (see siggy,) in the meantime though thanks for the info SBI the new cosmetics look great!
      Elitist Wannabe Newb Spotted

      Much woosh, goddamn.
    • Hey @Drake_IronHeart,

      I believe there has been a misunderstanding. The exclusive referral mounts will not be available for purchase with Gold through the shop. The only way to unlock these skins is to consume the skin-unlock item, which these mounts will be converted into with the Percival update.

      To give you an example:
      Player owns a Ghostwolf mount. With the Percival update, the Ghostwolf mount will be automatically converted into a Ghostwolf skin-unlock item. The skin-unlock item is tradeable. Once you consume the skin-unlock item, the Ghostwolf mount will be available to all your characters on the account as a skin, and is permanently bound to your account.

      The only way for another player to obtain the Ghostwolf skin is to buy the Ghostwolf skin-unlock item from another player.
    • Elsa wrote:

      Once you consume the skin-unlock item, the Ghostwolf mount will be available to all your characters on the account as a skin, and is permanently bound to your account.
      Which is just crap. What is this permanently bonded nonsense. Why cant you use it and then trade it if you decide to do so? You know ... like in a sandbox.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Elsa wrote:

      The only way for another player to obtain the Ghostwolf skin is to buy the Ghostwolf skin-unlock item from another player.
      I heavily disagree with the game timegating certain items and achievements.
      In a true sandbox game there should not be an advantage to people playing for longer (or paying more than others) that cannot be realistically caught up to, like referral mounts (which are also gated by either having to be an E-Personality or rigging the system) or exclusive Avatar(borders) which cannot be obtained at all anymore (exclusive founder-content, missed aventurer challenges).

      At a certain point it will literally be impossible to get these mounts and even now, only the 0,1% of richest players has a shot on obtaining these. Instead of having to break the TOS (let's face it, no normal player is going to get 5 referrals each season without creating accounts themselves) why not put these mounts behind achievements that are really hard to get? Same with the exclusive avatars and borders (or at least make them tradeable). Make the ghostwolf obtainable by something stupidly hard to get like 20 100/100 nodes for example, so you actually have to play the game and not only the market.


      If you disagree with all this, then at least give players the opportunity to get this stuff by repeating referral seasons and being able to retroactively finish adventurer's challenges you missed (for example being able to select a former challenge and removing the 50k daily bonus for reaching the 600k) so you can actually get the avatar borders.

      I don't think there should be stuff you can't get at all or 2000% more difficult just because you took a long break or joined the game at a later date.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Nivrann ().

    • Frawst wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      Elitist Wannabe Newb Spotted
      Much woosh, goddamn.
      mmm, yeah, no coherent logical argument to refute what I am saying so go for a personal attack - a highly valid and respectable argumentation approach!
      *applause*
      Says, the guy that offered nothing at all in your arguments outside of easy mode "i disagree, git gud". I know you think you did offer us vets some real clever insights, but because you're such a shitter, you're not even aware of your short comings.

      Go roleplay some more in the woods ya turbo nerd "*applause*", lmao.
    • Forneus wrote:

      Says, the guy that offered nothing at all in your arguments outside of easy mode "i disagree, git gud". I know you think you did offer us vets some real clever insights, but because you're such a shitter, you're not even aware of your short comings.
      Go roleplay some more in the woods ya turbo nerd "*applause*", lmao.

      wut?
      I probably don't really care. Yeah no, not even about that. Nope. Juuust move along.
    • A few people have already asked this question and I can't find an answer from the Devs. @Korn @H4n1baL

      Can you guys please clarify this statement:

      H4n1baL wrote:

      There's two mounts (Bonehorse & Morgana Mare) that aren't following the scheme described above. That's because they can only be crafted with an additional crafting ingredient (Necromantic Elixir & Morgana Mare Saddle). You will continue to be able to craft the mounts and use them. But they are also being converted into skin-unlock items with Percival. Additionally with today's patch we reduced the droprate for these crafting ingredients drastically (to around 10%) in random dungeons because when you drop one, it now essentially means that you found a permanent skin for your riding horse or your armored horse.

      What actually becomes the skin-unlock item? Is it the saddle/elixir or the mount itself? Will we still be able to ride the crafted mounts like we do now at 5.1 tier stats? Does "You will continue to be able to craft the mounts and use them" mean we will still be able to ride them? Or use them as unlock items.

      I feel like it would make most sense to still be able to use the mount as a pre-percival mount but also be able to use the saddle/elixir as an unlock item for the skin. But it's totally unclear from your statement if this is the case.


      PS: this thread is such cancer. I can't believe I actually tried reading through most of it.
    • KARMEK wrote:

      Let's say I have two Specter Wolf mounts, one gets converted to skin, but what about the other ? Would it disappear ? Would I get the gold value of that duplicate ? Would it be tradeable ?
      Both will be converted into tradeable skin-unlock items. After that, it's up to you what you wish to do with those items; either consume it to unlock the Specter Wolf skin and permanently bind it to your account, hang onto it, or sell it to another player.