Vanity & Customization

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Zorva wrote:

      Same. I used to let my brother and best friend ride some of my rare mounts as we went out gathering. Not anymore.
      you used to gather t1 stone in Starter islands and now you have the nerve to complain? LOL.
      What a god-damn disgrace if these vanity (seasonal reward) mounts were only used to ride out in noob areas... what a shame and waste of DEV effort... (and I highly doubt this was true btw... I think these mounts were just gathering dust in your banks, and you're just making this up to drive your agenda of "self-victimization", otherwise I'd love to see some proofs... maybe some videos or screenshots of you guys gathering t1 stones out there?)

      So glad we will now be able to use these beautiful skins on all of our mounts and be able to use them in the Open World everywhere in the game!
      What's wrong with just using these vanity mounts to hang out in Caerleon or other safe zones? I love to ride around my toad mount with my toad cannon in Caerleon because it's interesting and fun. That toad would be a sitting duck out in the red/black zones (-20% move speed). The whole point of these is that they're merely to show off, not to be actually more effective in PvP than the non-vanity mounts.

      The problem most of use against this is that by forcing players to essentially lock them to an account, once you choose to do so, you can never share them with anyone (or even with an alt on a different account - I actually use my husky sled a lot for my crafting alts because it's good for hauling) or sell/trade them.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254


    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Zorva wrote:

      Same. I used to let my brother and best friend ride some of my rare mounts as we went out gathering. Not anymore.
      you used to gather t1 stone in Starter islands and now you have the nerve to complain? LOL.
      What a god-damn disgrace if these vanity (seasonal reward) mounts were only used to ride out in noob areas... what a shame and waste of DEV effort... (and I highly doubt this was true btw... I think these mounts were just gathering dust in your banks, and you're just making this up to drive your agenda of "self-victimization", otherwise I'd love to see some proofs... maybe some videos or screenshots of you guys gathering t1 stones out there?)

      So glad we will now be able to use these beautiful skins on all of our mounts and be able to use them in the Open World everywhere in the game!
      -First, yes I would gather tier 1 stone off of starter islands. It was when I was building a bunch of Legendary Explorer homes on my island and I needed a ton of it. Why pay someone when I can do the work myself. Plus, by showing new players the cool mounts I had, I hoped it would encourage them to play the game for more than a couple of days because there was something cool to work towards.

      -This is the second time you've brought up me having some victimization agenda. I have never claimed to be victimized and I've only pointed out the possible implications of the mount part of the update. I never said I didn't like the entire update. I think character customization is cool and I'm looking forward to new mobs to fight, but also think that there are some problems with mount skins. You need to quit projecting your imaginary victimization agenda on to me just to make some point.

      -My brother didn't buy the Legendary Founder Pack but I did. He wanted to know if the mounts I got were worth it and if he should upgrade his basic pack. I said no problem, you can ride my mounts around while we gather and fight bosses. In the end he decided he didn't like them and didn't upgrade his pack or buy the mounts off of other people. This is just one example and I'm not going to write an essay of others because I know you wouldn't believe me anyways.

      So once again buddy, let's keep it friendly and not make personal attacks on people in the forum just because they are expressing their concerns and how they feel about the update. It's ok to disagree with people in the forum and provide evidence and reasoning on why you disagree, but personal attacks is not how we as a community have a productive discussion. Thanks and I wish you the best.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter
    • it doesnt matter how we used it or if we let it rot in a chest. That's our choice.
      Its about them changing an item we spent our silvers on into something different. (turning an item into a consumable)

      And it doesnt matter if prices rise 10x or 100x because of this change. We (the collectors dont care).

      I again mention the example of masterpiece mounts which is even more unfair.

      Introduce new skins all you like. But DO NOT change existing items.

      All of these complaints is clearly being ignored and looks like the changes will stay.

      As someone mentioned before, they are obviously prepared to ignore and piss off a "small" community. Theres nothing the little people can do anyways. Meh.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by chAnze: Deleted comments about ppl with prior knowledge ().

    • chAnze wrote:

      I havent even mentioned the clear evidence that a few ppl knew about this change before it was announced (ahem round table. *cough*cough*)Someone bought out all sand salamanders at 14 -20m just before the annoucement.
      There's no prior heads up to the Round Table or anywhere else about the intended changes to Vanity and Customization. It was purposely withheld to ensure no one has an unfair advantage.
    • ok.. i accept that.
      But central to the argument is the same.
      Many decisions can impact the economy.

      For example : an item nerf or buff.

      Or introducing a new item that does the same thing. Example : transport mammoths are currently 20m. Imagine if you introduce a similar mount for next season reward. You can imagine the impact and uproar.

      But this change is going even further.. you are converting an existing item into a consumable. Effectively slowly wiping it from existence. (or it will rot in a chest somewhere if not consumed.)

      You already said that you agree keeping the old mounts is the better option. But you choose to convert them to avoid possible bugs. Well, bugs can be solved. Wouldnt it be better to fix the bugs than to upset an entire community of collectors who clearly dislike the changes?
    • Im not sure if people are seeing something I'm not but it looks like the value of skins will depend on their gold price. If skins for for 5 bucks they'll be worth ~1.5m silver and if they go for 20 it'll be ~7m, which for some skins will be many times what they were bought for. It remains to be seen what SBI will price skins at but if they're smart, they'll roughly be worth what they were before the change, if not more.
    • The only other argument I can see is maybe some collectors will be sad that their recruiter's tigers wont be so limited edition anymore. in which case, who gives a fuck. I have about a dozen vanity mounts, and I collected them knowing full well it was likely these assets would return in some form. You don't just spend hours of paid time modelling mounts, having meetings about it, doing QA, only to throw them out once and never use them again, the vast majority either dead or in a forgotten chest somewhere. When's the last time you saw a saddled terrorbird? or a pest lizard? I collect these too, and like the others i expect they'll come back one day. I have maybe a 100 vanity gear items, and I expect those too will come back in some form. You're a fool to believe SBI wont reuse assets to appease a few nut cases.
    • chAnze wrote:

      Or introducing a new item that does the same thing. Example : transport mammoths are currently 20m. Imagine if you introduce a similar mount for next season reward. You can imagine the impact and uproar.
      Do you actually play the game? It has happened before - check the panther and the rageclaw.
      Also, stop acting like you're talking in the name of all the collectors. I don't have Bogul's collection, but I have some and I like this update (I'll make a ridiculous profit if I manage to sell like 3 of them and I'll consume a couple myself because I like the skins).

      ----
      ^fip, terrorbird and pest lizard won't be skins, they are not that expensive anyway and some people use them in BZ. For example, Gathera is often riding a pest lizard.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dacunetc ().

    • chAnze wrote:

      it doesnt matter how we used it or if we let it rot in a chest. That's our choice.
      And its DEV choice to now get rid of unique mounts and convert them into skins. The system was not scalable (you cannot release different looking mount with the same stats, it gets silly).
      And I fully support that decision.

      chAnze wrote:

      Its about them changing an item we spent our silvers on into something different. (turning an item into a consumable)
      Im totally fine with that too and support DEV decision on that.

      chAnze wrote:

      But this change is going even further.. you are converting an existing item into a consumable. Effectively slowly wiping it from existence. (or it will rot in a chest somewhere if not consumed.)
      Sure. That is fine as well. Skins are a much better system and its scalable (where looks are completely disconnected from the stats, which cannot be said about the current "flawed" system).

      chAnze wrote:

      You already said that you agree keeping the old mounts is the better option. But you choose to convert them to avoid possible bugs. Well, bugs can be solved. Wouldnt it be better to fix the bugs than to upset an entire community of collectors who clearly dislike the changes?
      No. It would be better to upset a minority (1% or even less?!?) of the community, rather then affect the entire (100%) community with potential future bugs, then having to spend DEV resources to mitigate that, and depending on the uproar from the 100% of affected players - potentially think about compensation or god knows what other negative consequences.
      Affecting 100% of the community with bugs is always wore then affecting 1% of community. I hope you see why the reasoning is being done the way it is now.


      Zorva wrote:

      It's ok to disagree with people in the forum and provide evidence and reasoning on why you disagree, but personal attacks is not how we as a community have a productive discussion. Thanks and I wish you the best.
      Fair enough. I disagree with everything you say, and I also don't believe you. Primary reason is that you cannot provide any "proof" that you have been playing the game in a RP style, even if that means playing the game in a inefficient manner. (like who gathers t1 stone these days, lol? Just buy it off the market, but I suppose if you want to RP a "t1 stone gatherer" then that is Okay. Super unproductive, but Ok).

      I would imagine someone who plays the game solely for RP purposes would have some cool RP videos or screenshots around? Ya'know - hanging out with naked newbies in the Starter zone on your "cool vanity mounts" etc... giving out free t1 stone, etc... etc... maybe even throwing noobs a bone and giving out some t2 stone?

      You don't strike me as someone who goes into Red, let alone Black Zones (but again - the proof is in the pudding right?) which would mean you pride yourself on super inefficient but "fun" RP gameplay. That would be all fine and dandy, but without proofs - everything you say seems very naive and hard to believe.

      Just my opinion as someone watching from the sidelines :)
    • @Captainrussia

      These changes are a mistake and a scam by the developers. You dont see it because it does not harm your way of playing and only harms others, with a totally different vision of the game than yours.


      But one day, this way of acting, with decisions against the majority of the affected community, unilateral, secret, changing the original characteristics of the game ... if it will affect something that you consider important, then you will regret so much benevolence with this poor management of the development line.

      I imagine pets, a season system where every few months we have to start from 0 like DIABLO, total wipe, remove full loot....
      Anything can happen if they only look at the other games aspects that give money. So don't be so naive.
    • Fary wrote:

      These changes are a mistake and a scam by the developers. You dont see it because it does not harm your way of playing and only harms others, with a totally different vision of the game than yours.
      You are correct. It does not just "not harm" - but it actually will enhance and make my gameplay more fun! How can I not support that? Also your claims of harming others, lol - like 1% of the community?

      Fary wrote:

      But one day, this way of acting, with decisions against the majority of the affected community, unilateral, secret, changing the original characteristics of the game ... if it will affect something that you consider important, then you will regret so much benevolence with this poor management of the development line.
      Stop lying to yourself and the others. "against the majority of the affected community" - umm no, more like the super minor minority, or 1% of the playerbase? LOL
      Im more then happy to see some "proofs" tho. But AFAIK - its everyone's consensus that only the minority were the "collectors", about 1% of the playerbase, who are complaining in this thread.

      Fary wrote:

      I imagine pets, a season system where every few months we have to start from 0 like DIABLO, total wipe, remove full loot....
      Anything can happen if they only look at the other games aspects that give money. So don't be so naive.
      You are being naive. The only game Im comparing Albion with is Eve Online. And none of that nonsense is present there. So Im not worried. I already know the direction that the DEVs will take with Albion. You don't - and that is why you are mad/worried/feeling insecure.
    • @Captainrussia

      You still do not understand it. Ask players about the beta about tomes, hce, reespc, ... It has been more aberrant that you can buy fame for silver, than introduce a pet system.

      And affected community are the collectors, you not. it does not matter if it's 1%, 90% or 0.001%. They unnecessarily harm a group of players who have acquired objects that will be different.

      Do most people like the skin system? Np, Introduce hundreds, but respecting all previous.

      it is as if the amount of gold of each player, modify it to 10,000, have what you have. I assure you that less than 1% of players would complain, but it would be a shit....

      Your attitude is selfish, childish and not very supportive in this matter, when there are intermediate solutions to not disturb anyone.
    • Fary wrote:

      And affected community are the collectors, you not. it does not matter if it's 1%, 90% or 0.001%. They unnecessarily harm a group of players who have acquired objects that will be different.


      Do most people like the skin system? Np, Introduce hundreds, but respecting all previous.
      Most game developers will look to please the majority of the player base over the top 10% or so. I think most people are in favor of the skin system for previous mounts, and considering they have worked hard on designing them; be lucky you have a limited item. You can't please everybody and that comes with all changes.
    • Fary wrote:

      Your attitude is selfish, childish and not very supportive in this matter, when there are intermediate solutions to not disturb anyone.
      The main thing I have an issue with is the way Captainrussia assumes many things.

      -Captainrussia assumes I don't play in the red or black zone even though I'm in Conflict and it is my duty to help the clan take over territories. If I do not carry out this duty, I will be kicked from the clan. Period. That's their policy. My clan's banner hangs in the Conquerer's Hall in Caerleon and I've actively contributed that glory many times. I've also had to collect resources for my clan by running through half a continent of hostile territory and help my clan in black zone dungeons. If he wants, I will gladly invite him to Conflict's island where he can talk to my clan mates. I'll even invite you along for some dungeon runs in black zone if you want.
      -Captainrussia assumes I have a victimization agenda even though I've never claimed to be a victim.
      -Captainrussia assumes I Role Play when I'm too busy gathering and crafting while occasionally doing dungeons, guild fights, expedition, and faction warfare.
      -Captianrussia assumes only 1% of the player base is affected or disagrees with this update. On this note I'd like to flip the evidence script on Captainrussia and ask where this statistic came from. Can I see your evidence?
      -Captainrussia assumes and has called many players on this thread naive even though, from my observation, some of those players have played much longer than Captainrussia and have much more experience with the game, its mechanics, it's history, and the promises developers have made over time.

      These are simply the facts of Captainrussia's comments. Captainrussia, if you read this I would like to give you some friendly and valuable advice I would like you to take to heart. Advice I think will serve you well in your life in general if you decide to take it. I'm a school teacher and before getting my job, my mentor gave me some advice I would now like to pass unto you. He said, "Never assume anything about anyone at anytime". The moral of that phrase is that a person does not know the past history of other individuals, where they've been, what they know, what they've experienced, what they are capable of, and so on. Stick to the facts, stick to what you know, and never assume anything about anyone. I know this is just a forum on a video game, but I beseech you don't recreate this behavior in real life. I'm telling you this because I care about you and this is something you can work on to better yourself. I wish you all the best and good luck.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Zorva ().

    • Sorry Zorva, but it really feels like you have a victimization agenda because every time someone comes with even the tinniest and most ridiculous reason against this update you immediately assumed it as your own.

      CaptainRussia is not the only one who comes with assumptions here - just like he believes that only a tiny playerbase percent is upset with this update, other people assume that they talk for all the collectors. Imo his assumption is a lot closer to reality because a big chunk of playerbase came after f2p and it's very unlikely that they own any of these skins which are rare even among the older players anyway; besides only a handful of people stated their negative opinion on this patch.
    • It is a sandbox mmo. For me it seems like @Zorva plays nicely using large part of possibilities. One part of gameplay for him may be gone soon.

      I see gankers bitching and whining about not being able to catch experienced gatherers who know how to play all the time. Just because "collectors" may be 1% of population does not mean that we do not have a right to bring out our concerns about this update.

      To recap:
      1) Most of collectors get rich, some ridiculously super rich. So no, we are not crying :D
      2) The content is gone. (my opinion) I will probably stop collecting (new) skins because they most likely will be annual rotating stuff. Loosing value each iteration.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

    • Dacunetc wrote:

      Sorry Zorva, but it really feels like you have a victimization agenda because every time someone comes with even the tinniest and most ridiculous reason against this update you immediately assumed it as your own.
      Can't say I agree with that statement. I agreed with some points other players made but I never took their points and added them to my own (Like masterpieces). Anyways, what's done is done. The update is coming and I accept that. I will no longer make any further points against it as it's pointless. If my intentions came across wrong, just know that I meant no one any ill will. Everyone enjoy the update and I'll see you in game. Take care guys.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter