Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• <the game is not full loot anymore> -> I don't remember seeing you complaining about the rubberband shoes we got one week ago or about those tomes we get from monthly chests. Besides, when was the last time you looted a sabertooth rex? A guy who runs ghostwolves after the update, used to run direwolves before the update. If you kill him, you still get the direwolf, so the game will be exactly as it was before. The update will bring some diversity, will give devs a new way of making money and won't change the gameplay at all.

<this update is pointless because people won't have skins on in BZ> -> Looking at the list of skins, I have to say that it's fairly easy to identify what real mount the enemy is using. I'm confident that a lot of people will have the option on.

The only true issue with this is the MP mounts. They should look a bit differently or have some extra visual effect.
    • I change my mind about this update; I had sold my Ghostwolf for 200m 2 days before this small patch got rolled out for buy/sell orders. I was able to re-buy one with how inflated everything got. I support this update 100% now Pepega. Skins are the best idea because they can be used for GVG season rewards or just about any event that is limited time. I know everybody hates change, but the current recruiter mounts are just collecting dust and a skin will do them justice because of how awesome they look. Please continue with releasing this update because it only affects the top 1% of players who own these recruiter mounts.
    • moneymike2g wrote:

Please continue with releasing this update because it only affects the top 1% of players who own these recruiter mounts.
      who will own these recruiter mounts. (after Percival)

I mean, will collectors consume these tokens? Maybe if they have several billion in the bank and a spare.

Ok, I understand. There is some overlap with the rich traders and the collectors. I do not belong to the 1%. Not even 10%. I have most of the referral mounts. Some I have sold to buy some other shiny things... Got my Ghostwolf, like you, friend :D

So yeah, From my in-game bankroll perspective, this update is ok. From game design perspective, it is terrible but somewhat understandable.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Ravenar wrote:

moneymike2g wrote:

Please continue with releasing this update because it only affects the top 1% of players who own these recruiter mounts.
      who will own these recruiter mounts. (after Percival)
      I mean, will collectors consume these tokens? Maybe if they have several billion in the bank and a spare.

Ok, I understand. There is some overlap with the rich traders and the collectors. I do not belong to the 1%. Not even 10%. I have most of the referral mounts. Some I have sold to buy some other shiny things... Got my Ghostwolf, like you, friend :D

So yeah, From my in-game bankroll perspective, this update is ok. From game design perspective, it is terrible but somewhat understandable.
      I think the players who have stuck with the game should be rewarded with something exclusive, if I don't use the ghostwolf I'll for sure use my white tiger. Silver is starting to become useless(in my eyes) I see gear only becoming cheaper now that the f2p players are getting settled in. The next big thing in the game will be cosmetics and I'll be here ready to adapt.
    • I have 99% of the mounts that will become skins, all my items have been revalued at least x3 with this update, but I'm totally against. As much as the new system has advantages, the disadvantages are overwhelming:

- The most important thing is that Albion and Devs are not be trusted. This is a scam to the collector, which is a part of the game like any other. They are changing the nature of legitimately obtained items over which there was a promise of no change. What will be next?

- Encourage inflation and speculation has not been and will never be good for a game

- Try to look like other games when the only strength of Albion is to be different, it is absurd and stupid. Several fundamental concepts of the game are being destroyed and opening the way for more changes in this casual and silly line. There are already many games with these things in the market, with better graphics, better performance and a larger player base.

- The entire affected community mostly against. Devs don't want to listen and they will make another mistake again. Do you want to earn more money? You can design hundreds of new vanity objects, mounts, clothes, that are bought only for gold, just add them, but you have to be reliable with the old items and their features.

I can understand that creating a game too hardcore, reduces the potential players and compromises its viability, But from there to become casual, tracing the most commercial systems of other games, it does not make sense.

What will be next? Introduce pets that fight between them, buy a token that will prevent you from dropping a weapon, pay 10k gold to win 100 specs ..? These things seem atrocities right now, but there are already similar ones introduced in the game. Tomes (gain fame without making it), automatic reespec (gain fame without using the specific equipment you need to up), non-tradable items, no-drop items, ... and soon wear a mount without really wearing it. GOOD JOB

Finally, another game will come out with the initial spirit of Albion, and AO will not be able to compete against casual or hardcore. Will be a game without identity, in no man's land, with a remix of features copied from others without feet or head
    • Zorva wrote:

Thank you for posting that list. I knew that statement regarding mounts being largely the same wasn't true but I didn't feel like making a list just to prove the point. I fully agree with your notion that Albion was sold to us as a full loot PvP centric MMO and that creating skins that cannot be looted or taken away defeats the spirit of the game. A lot of mounts and costumes are about account locked and this isn't fair to the PvP community.
      For those interested, I added a tab with all the mount stats to my Quick Reference Guide so you can see it in a tabular view.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Fary wrote:

I have 99% of the mounts that will become skins, all my items have been revalued at least x3 with this update, but I'm totally against. As much as the new system has advantages, the disadvantages are overwhelming:

- The most important thing is that Albion and Devs are not be trusted. This is a scam to the collector, which is a part of the game like any other. They are changing the nature of legitimately obtained items over which there was a promise of no change. What will be next?

- Encourage inflation and speculation has not been and will never be good for a game

- Try to look like other games when the only strength of Albion is to be different, it is absurd and stupid. Several fundamental concepts of the game are being destroyed and opening the way for more changes in this casual and silly line. There are already many games with these things in the market, with better graphics, better performance and a larger player base.

- The entire affected community mostly against. Devs don't want to listen and they will make another mistake again. Do you want to earn more money? You can design hundreds of new vanity objects, mounts, clothes, that are bought only for gold, just add them, but you have to be reliable with the old items and their features.

I can understand that creating a game too hardcore, reduces the potential players and compromises its viability, But from there to become casual, tracing the most commercial systems of other games, it does not make sense.

What will be next? Introduce pets that fight between them, buy a token that will prevent you from dropping a weapon, pay 10k gold to win 100 specs ..? These things seem atrocities right now, but there are already similar ones introduced in the game. Tomes (gain fame without making it), automatic reespec (gain fame without using the specific equipment you need to up), non-tradable items, no-drop items, ... and soon wear a mount without really wearing it. GOOD JOB

Finally, another game will come out with the initial spirit of Albion, and AO will not be able to compete against casual or hardcore. Will be a game without identity, in no man's land, with a remix of features copied from others without feet or head
      Well said. Unfortunately with today's news it looks like they didn't even bother to get any community feedback before working on and preparing to roll out this major design change.

It feels like a huge miss for them to not have gotten community feedback here, and I really hope they don't repeat this mistake again in the future.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• well, just wipe out everything before making so big changes to economy like this one with vanitys, where collectors get most unstable ground = where economy are more likely based.
      Lets face it, collectors mean gold/silver (a LOT of this) so economy will be hugely inflicted by that.
      Which overall result that economy arent based on players, but on devs will. So it is clearly visible that "player driven economy" arent now driven by players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qolkkalom ().

• The way I see it from Korn's reply is this. (Also what @Captainrussia said about Eve)

This is a repair move. Their goal is to switch to a different Vanity Mechanism. Current Referral mounts are an inconvinience. If collectors get frustrated or even leave, it does not matter. It is a risk they are ready to make. Core audience is now, and always will be the PvP and BZ people. If you are not there, think once again if this is the game is for you. Or continue keeping voice on the forums to make it more friendly for a more diverse audience.

There will be a transition period. After that the old Referral mounts will be extremely rare, very expensive but also have very small market. So there will probably be a cap how high the prices will ever go.

There will be time that there are 100 vanity skins on the market including a dragon for 10 thousand (oops) gold or something. If that day comes, someone trying to sell a Ghostwolf could be a "meh" ... There are just cooler options for fraction of the price.

Not sure. This is my hunch ;)
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• Qolkkalom wrote:

well, just wipe out everything before making so big changes to economy like this one with vanitys, where collectors get most unstable ground = where economy are more likely based.
      Lets face it, collectors mean gold/silver (a LOT of this) so economy will be hugely inflicted by that.
      Which overall result that economy arent based on players, but on devs will. So it is clearly visible that "player driven economy" arent now driven by players.
      They already stated they did not want to do this consistently, but only when needed to change the game for future success. This wont affect the market long term because it essentially becomes a gold/silver sink because the item is consumed just like repairing gear or items trashing.
    • dilfina wrote:

What about the tame ghostwolves? Will those be tradable for a skin? They currently can't be crafted into a ghostwolf mount, but for a brief period in the past you could have traded them for the mount.
      Similar situation to the one I replied to here.

The Ghostwolf mount was an exclusive reward during the first referral season (November 15th 2017 - December 14th 2017). For the duration of this referral season, we have offered players to exchange the pup or tamed version for the mount. This offer has since long expired.

You can place it in the kennel and it looks amazing though. And still quite valuable and collectible.
    • moneymike2g wrote:

They already stated they did not want to do this consistently, but only when needed to change the game for future success. This wont affect the market long term because it essentially becomes a gold/silver sink because the item is consumed just like repairing gear or items trashing.
      Yea, but it will destabilizes current "player driven economy" by thier (devs) action.
      Silver sinks are good, when implemented correctly. This action, which change current items into useless (it will give nothing, just look).
      If someone arent wiseand go on eg hasky into wild(alone), then he should be punished be gankers.
      Now it will reduce chance to gain extra profit from someone who is cooky(beside of that economy impact).
    • Qolkkalom wrote:

moneymike2g wrote:

Yea, but it will destabilizes current "player driven economy" by thier (devs) action.Silver sinks are good, when implemented correctly. This action, which change current items into useless (it will give nothing, just look).
      If someone arent wiseand go on eg hasky into wild(alone), then he should be punished be gankers.
      Now it will reduce chance to gain extra profit from someone who is cooky(beside of that economy impact).
      I would say with the edition of Adventure Challenge mounts gankers get their fair share of valuable mounts. Anyone with half a brain wont be taking their recruiter mounts outside of a city; has never changed since I got my first Ghostwolf back in 2017. This wont affect the economy because they have already taken them off the auction house and forced players to trade among each other. This in turn has already put players in the position to use the skins on patch day reducing the amount of damage you think will be on the economy.
    • this is a worst scam than Saya. At least i got to choose with saya.
      We have no choice here. Just robbed blind.

The complaint from most of us here is not that the skin concept is bad. Its not about how much the price of mount skins will rise or fall.

Its about you changing what we own into something else. We are against you turning existing rare mounts into consumables. I can think of 3 fixes that most will be happy with.
      1) leave old mounts as they are. DO NOT turn them into skins.
      2) give us a choice to turn them into skin or leave as a mount.
      3) turn them into skins as intended. But give us an option to turn a consumed skin back into a tradable skin with gold. (the price can be set very high).

Again, we are against you changing existing mounts. New skin concept is cool. But dont touch old mounts please.

Also.. there hasnt been a satisfying response to existing high quality rare mounts. (excellent and masterpiece) are owners of those being robbed even more?

The post was edited 1 time, last by chAnze ().