Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Guys,I apologize in advance for my maybe stupid question but i just want to make sure,this mount skins,will be visible in BZ or only in save zones?

edit:i mean for other players..
      Show mount skins for yourself:Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Show mount skins of play partners (Same Guild, Alliance or Party):
      Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Show mount skins of opponents:
      Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      @H4n1baL

No 'never' option here? If not, why not? Maybe I dont want to see other players penis extensions.... ever.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • CassX wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Guys,I apologize in advance for my maybe stupid question but i just want to make sure,this mount skins,will be visible in BZ or only in save zones?

Show mount skins for yourself:Always (Default)Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      So only in safe zones,right?
      So, you can choose whether to see them ALWAYS or ONLY IN SAFE AREAS.
      Meaning if you choose the always option you will see them in all the zones: blue, yellow, red, black...
      If you choose only in safe areas then you'll be able to see skins only in blue zones...
    • MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      So only in safe zones,right?
      So, you can choose whether to see them ALWAYS or ONLY IN SAFE AREAS. Meaning if you choose the always option you will see them in all the zones: blue, yellow, red, black...
      If you choose only in safe areas then you'll be able to see skins only in blue zones...
      Oh,i am dumb. :)
      Thanks man!
    • MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Show mount skins for yourself:Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      oh gosh. You're only now making me realize there isn't an Always Off option.
      This update just got worse
    • Heppernaut wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      oh gosh. You're only now making me realize there isn't an Always Off option.This update just got worse
      Kinda makes sense that there isn't... Just reading this thread and the general opinion was that people won't be able to brag about their mounts anymore... so at least safe areas for that... I guess that too many players would be upset if there was a never option...
    • Ravenar wrote:

So very little will change. Most people will change to the "Only safe areas" option and be the only one with special mount. Assuming you always see your own mount skin.

So just as before you only see special mounts in safe areas.

This makes me so disappointed. Pointless update that messes up the collector market and economy.
      Well, honestly, it's gonna be disappointing to see a juicy mount in the wild and not be able to loot it,so i'd rather keep it only in safe zone... After a while there's gonna be no enthusiasm about seeing a juicy mount at all... And I'm no ganker, but I get enthusiastic in the rare occasions of seeing a juicy mount outside the city...
    • H4n1bal let me understand, that I am a person affected with this, that what cost me to get that I had the statistics that I liked will "destroy" so that another mount with worse conditions will be the same as the one that cost me to have? and one of these is the yule deer, I DO NOT WANT THAT I STOP EXISTING MY MOUTH, it's not fair.

It is like going to an exclusive store I choose some unique shoes I take them to my house I use them, then they call me from the store and they tell me that I have to wear my shoes because they will destroy them and they will return an accessory so that any shoe see as the only and exclusive shoe that I had, but it is not the only and exclusive shoe that I had, and of course I will not have the same comfort that I buy, and anyone can use the shoes, as many times as I want, the same as me cost..
    • To anyone still defending the mount part of this update and thinks this is a good idea I beseech you think carefully about the update and its consequences.

My case against the mount part of the update:

-Rare Mounts will no longer be lootable by killing players because the "skin" is locked to their account. Sure, if they are carrying an unconsumed skin you could loot that, but that's not what this update is about. Its about players riding rare mounts into dangerous areas to create more visual diversity.
      -If the game has a toggle to turn off skins in dangerous areas, most players will have it turned off so they know what they are attacking. Since players will have it toggled off, what's the point of riding a rare mount into a dangerous area anyway if most people wont see it. That's the whole point of the update isn't it.
      -Since most people will only be seeing these rare mounts in safe areas anyways because of the toggle, what's the difference between that and what people do now which is to ride their rare mounts in the safe areas and cities.
      -Skins being consumed means those items will never be in the market again ever. As the developer said it is consumed and locked on that account. At some point it will be impossible to obtain the skin you want (I'm looking at you Ghostwolf lovers) and no matter how hard you work, how much time you put in, and how much money you make in game you will never have the ability to own that skin that you want so badly. Is that fair to the player base? Sure prices are high now, but at least you can obtain any item in the game.
      -Turning mounts with varying stats to be skins that overlay a basic mount kills a lot of diversity and options among mounts. Some mounts may be a bit faster, some carry more, some have more armor ect. Currently it's nice to have a ton of options so you can pick the right mount for the right situation. These varying stats make the game interesting, getting rid of this variation makes the game duller.
      -I assume this update will affect future limited edition mounts since it's affecting past limited edition mounts. Think carefully about this as this kills future collecting. Lets say a new mount "skin" comes out. People will immediately snatch them up and consume them meaning prices will always be exceedingly high even for items that just came out. At least now items that come into the game are not consumed and circulate in the economy which helps keep prices down. By getting rid of the ability to circulate items, you are limiting the collectors market to the obscenely rich instead of a larger pool of buyers as it is now. In short, you will destroy the market on both past and future items.
      -Having skins on equipment such as mounts really goes against the spirit of the game. The whole premise and marketing point of the game is "you are what you wear". If skins are released, then it will be a slap in the face to the very heart and core of the game. Are you really what you wear or is that a skin over it? Plus, if they are willing to put skins on mounts, then it becomes a slippery slope before other equipment gets "skinned".

In regards to mounts as I've pointed out, there is literally no benefit to releasing this part of the update but plenty of cons. If the cons far outweigh the pros (which there are none for mounts) then why are we releasing this part of the update? As I said early, I have no problem with character customization such as hairstyles. This update destroys freedom of choice to have an item you can ride or sell, now you have to choose to sell or consume. This update destroys freedom of options, now your large pool of mounts with varying stats just shrunk to basic mounts. This update in regards to mounts is not fixing a problem or enhancing the game. So I say unto the developers and community, why are we trying to fix something that isn't broken? Why are we creating a multitude of problems just to see rare mounts in dangerous areas when most people will have skins toggled off anyways? The mount part of this update will be a colossal disaster and I'm baffled how anyone, both developer and community can think this is a good idea. If you make skins unlockable from an account and tradeable again, then I can overlook many negatives of the update. Until then, I will continue to speak in opposition to the mount part of the update fervently.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter
    • Zorva wrote:

then it becomes a slippery slope before other equipment gets "skinned".
      First of all, nicely collected analysis. I was too lazy to try to explain the situation. That is exactly how think this will go too!

I am not so much against the feature. I am against this poor implementation.

They have actually been talking about "Wardrobe". So equipment will also be "skinned" in the future. The way I imagined this would work is that you buy a vanity "Wardrobe" and put your vanity items in that special "chest". Once in chest, you can wear those vanity items. But if you die or force remove them, they return to the chest. So you cannot move them to another city safely and sell them.

I thought that it would be just obvious that the mount skins would work the same way. Let's say you would need to buy a special vanity ingredient and use it to build a "Stable". Then you put your vanity mounts in that stable. Equip one in your vanity slot. If you die or forcefully remove that item it returns to the stable it was bound to.

I have discussed this alternative with devs in the past. And I have no idea why they picked a "token" approach. But if token approach is taken. I also think tokens should be unlockable once consumed and possible to trade again. (especially pre-F2P referral mounts)

For the long term health of the game we love, please reconsider and think of alternative implementation @H4n1baL
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• Midgard wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      @H4n1baL
      No 'never' option here? If not, why not? Maybe I dont want to see other players penis extensions.... ever.
      I think they know adding that option would essentially beat the business idea behind the cosmetics additions.

Some of these changes are so against core ideas behind this game, that you just can't implement it without limiting options to force current player base to deal with it (without an option to permanently disable the skinfest) and defaulting skins being visible for new players.

What a mess.

Guess they will have to update their inspiration, now is Eve Online + League of Legends + Fortnite + any other F2P game released in the last decade!
    • Vadokishi wrote:

Midgard wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

CassX wrote:

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
      @H4n1baLNo 'never' option here? If not, why not? Maybe I dont want to see other players penis extensions.... ever.
      I think they know adding that option would essentially beat the business idea behind the cosmetics additions.
      Some of these changes are so against core ideas behind this game, that you just can't implement it without limiting options to force current player base to deal with it (without an option to permanently disable the skinfest) and defaulting skins being visible for new players.

What a mess.

Guess they will have to update their inspiration, now is Eve Online + League of Legends + Fortnite + any other F2P game released in the last decade!
      They could definitely improve on the League part. I'd love to have emotes and mastery flares to spam in the enemies' faces!
    • MrsLove wrote:

They could definitely improve on the League part. I'd love to have emotes and mastery flares to spam in the enemies' faces!
      There you go, straight promotion to game designer.
      Probably went something like this:

Could we sell emotes or flares? Yes
      Do emotes or flares interfere with game mechanics? No
      Do we have players that already own those? No
      Are we going to mess with a player driven economy? No

Well guess that's three "no" in a row, so next idea guys, I need a more positive vibe...

:facepalm:
    • Vizjerei wrote:

When is the name change coming?
      We don't have plans to allow players to change their character names. Your name carries a certain reputation as everything you do affects other players - whether in a positive or negative way. Because of that, your name is important to all players, not just yourself.