Vanity & Customization

    • Forneus wrote:

      Mishirene wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      Mishirene wrote:

      Two questions.

      Will we be able to increase the size of our Morganas?


      And secondly, what would it take to convince you guys to put a goat mount?
      There are already goat mounts, at least for a while until they're all going to be consumed and then there will be no more goat mounts or the remaining ones will be ridiculously expensive :)
      There isn't a goat mount. Though if you know of one that I don't please tell me what it is so I can search for it.
      There is Yule Ram and Recruiters Ram, Ram is a male goat no?
      Nope! A ram is a sheep. Sheep are a different animal than goats.
    • Forneus wrote:

      People are paying those amounts, so yeah there's that. You just admitted it's not for you either now since you're not paying that price, so gatekeeping in effect and you're on the outside. So GG, no cool mounts for you unless you stacked up along with the rest of us pre-patch for free moneys and mounts.

      Nice patch eh? Rip dude
      They are paying for these mounts right now, they wont be paying for them if people decide to hike up the prices like fools.

      Lol and im ok with not having these mounts, its not gatekeeping as i have no "dream of owning the one i want" as the ones i want are non rare mounts.

      Coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and im sorry your coolness factor is somehow someway going to be thrown out the window with this patch.

      I think its a very nice patch and i am really REALLY looking forward to it.

      Something i also don't understand....in a game like Albion, you're able to make 90% of the mounts yourself ... are you honestly raging on a patch that makes the recruiters mounts more expensive? Get out of here man.
    • Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      People are paying those amounts, so yeah there's that. You just admitted it's not for you either now since you're not paying that price, so gatekeeping in effect and you're on the outside. So GG, no cool mounts for you unless you stacked up along with the rest of us pre-patch for free moneys and mounts.

      Nice patch eh? Rip dude
      They are paying for these mounts right now, they wont be paying for them if people decide to hike up the prices like fools.
      Lol and im ok with not having these mounts, its not gatekeeping as i have no "dream of owning the one i want" as the ones i want are non rare mounts.

      Coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and im sorry your coolness factor is somehow someway going to be thrown out the window with this patch.

      I think its a very nice patch and i am really REALLY looking forward to it.

      Something i also don't understand....in a game like Albion, you're able to make 90% of the mounts yourself ... are you honestly raging on a patch that makes the recruiters mounts more expensive? Get out of here man.
      Dude you seem to completely miss the whole fucking point. Woosh dude, just woosh.
    • Forneus wrote:

      Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      People are paying those amounts, so yeah there's that. You just admitted it's not for you either now since you're not paying that price, so gatekeeping in effect and you're on the outside. So GG, no cool mounts for you unless you stacked up along with the rest of us pre-patch for free moneys and mounts.

      Nice patch eh? Rip dude
      They are paying for these mounts right now, they wont be paying for them if people decide to hike up the prices like fools.Lol and im ok with not having these mounts, its not gatekeeping as i have no "dream of owning the one i want" as the ones i want are non rare mounts.

      Coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and im sorry your coolness factor is somehow someway going to be thrown out the window with this patch.

      I think its a very nice patch and i am really REALLY looking forward to it.

      Something i also don't understand....in a game like Albion, you're able to make 90% of the mounts yourself ... are you honestly raging on a patch that makes the recruiters mounts more expensive? Get out of here man.
      Dude you seem to completely miss the whole fucking point. Woosh dude, just woosh.
      Can't miss a point that isn't there man. Sorry if you think you have one.
    • H4n1baL wrote:

      Also the guild colored armored horses are not being sold at the Vanity Merchant anymore, but they will make a return as skins when Percival arrives.
      Does that mean that the Warhorses are not obtainable in any other way than through buying gold currency and then trading it to a reskin?

      Woah, those Morgana and Bonehorse mounts will be worth next to nothing compared to Warhorses if that turns out to be true.
    • Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      People are paying those amounts, so yeah there's that. You just admitted it's not for you either now since you're not paying that price, so gatekeeping in effect and you're on the outside. So GG, no cool mounts for you unless you stacked up along with the rest of us pre-patch for free moneys and mounts.

      Nice patch eh? Rip dude
      They are paying for these mounts right now, they wont be paying for them if people decide to hike up the prices like fools.Lol and im ok with not having these mounts, its not gatekeeping as i have no "dream of owning the one i want" as the ones i want are non rare mounts.
      Coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and im sorry your coolness factor is somehow someway going to be thrown out the window with this patch.

      I think its a very nice patch and i am really REALLY looking forward to it.

      Something i also don't understand....in a game like Albion, you're able to make 90% of the mounts yourself ... are you honestly raging on a patch that makes the recruiters mounts more expensive? Get out of here man.
      Dude you seem to completely miss the whole fucking point. Woosh dude, just woosh.
      Can't miss a point that isn't there man. Sorry if you think you have one.
      I feel sorry for you if think you're being snarky/smart with that response. GL and enjoy the patch pleb.
    • Forneus wrote:

      Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      Jaylightsol wrote:

      Forneus wrote:

      People are paying those amounts, so yeah there's that. You just admitted it's not for you either now since you're not paying that price, so gatekeeping in effect and you're on the outside. So GG, no cool mounts for you unless you stacked up along with the rest of us pre-patch for free moneys and mounts.

      Nice patch eh? Rip dude
      They are paying for these mounts right now, they wont be paying for them if people decide to hike up the prices like fools.Lol and im ok with not having these mounts, its not gatekeeping as i have no "dream of owning the one i want" as the ones i want are non rare mounts.Coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and im sorry your coolness factor is somehow someway going to be thrown out the window with this patch.

      I think its a very nice patch and i am really REALLY looking forward to it.

      Something i also don't understand....in a game like Albion, you're able to make 90% of the mounts yourself ... are you honestly raging on a patch that makes the recruiters mounts more expensive? Get out of here man.
      Dude you seem to completely miss the whole fucking point. Woosh dude, just woosh.
      Can't miss a point that isn't there man. Sorry if you think you have one.
      I feel sorry for you if think you're being snarky/smart with that response. GL and enjoy the patch pleb.
      Not being snarky/smart in my responses, though you seem to be getting very upset with yours. Look man, this patch isn't doom, the community has the power to decide what gets sold at what price. and if it doesn't sell then again, you choose to stand your ground or lose to a competitor. Just stop man. Let the Devs do what they do.
    • Gimbo wrote:

      @Ravenar I'm a curious man, and I was wondering... how much would it take for you to part with such a magnificent specimen?That being if you were to even consider letting such beauty slip from beneath your thighs.
      Honestly, I have no idea. I hope the devs will reconsider and rollback this planned feature. So lets say there is 99.9% chance that year from now it will be worth at least the same as Ghostwolf was yesterday... Well, up to sky is the limit because of the lack of silver sinks and continued collection of wealth at the top...

      I might consider something starting with 200 million and up... Knowing there is a 0.01% chance that the devs come to their senses... (edit: I have to check the latest prices first)

      Most likely I will just sit on them and see in a year if the game is still alive. Sell a mount and buy tomes of insight to max up a build... :D
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Ravenar wrote:

      Gimbo wrote:

      @Ravenar I'm a curious man, and I was wondering... how much would it take for you to part with such a magnificent specimen?That being if you were to even consider letting such beauty slip from beneath your thighs.
      Honestly, I have no idea. I hope the devs will reconsider and rollback this planned feature. So lets say there is 99.9% chance that year from now it will be worth at least the same as Ghostwolf was yesterday... Well, up to sky is the limit because of the lack of silver sinks and continued collection of wealth at the top...
      I might consider something starting with 200 million and up... Knowing there is a 0.01% chance that the devs come to their senses... (edit: I have to check the latest prices first)

      Most likely I will just sit on them and see in a year if the game is still alive. Sell a mount and buy tomes of insight to max up a build... :D
      well if down the line you consider selling it hit me up and I'll take out a bank loan to buy some in-game gold haha. But seriously would for sure be interested in buying down the road if you decide to sell.
    • Let's consider the Bloodhound. Not long ago it was worth 5mil. I believe it was up to 54mil at market price a few days back.

      -Should I pop it so I can get the worthless skin for a cheap mount that's worth less than 1% of that.
      -Should I go for the initial (short term) payday of 50+mil to whatever it is right now plus a few weeks
      -Should I continue hording as a long term investment, given that they were already excellent cash cow investments over time, being of finite supply and limited time only.

      I prefer to hold onto it (essentially the long term 3rd option) as a modest slow and steady investment over time and sometimes ride it around Caerleon, since it will soon be an ex-mount that second part is no longer a thing.

      Even better, the players have to do literally nothing (other than having previously bought the mount when it was cheap, or recruited) to get the super buff for mega billions. No full loot, no random dungeon, no rare pup drop, no roaming gank/dive (which is how many do acquire the battle mounts of 50+mil value), no nothing.

      Its insane, probably the most ill-conceived concept that this team has ever planned to rollout.

      At the same time, you got 8k+ alliances hording all the territories in Anglia and Glouvia which are meant for new ish players to develop. The new continents and reset days are great if you're ARCH/EGO able to easily zone cap plenty of maps. You got the cartel stronger than ever in Caerleon after SBI's previous smack talking of supposedly intenting to break up cartels.

      Rip indeed, not looking good bro.
    • BalorXI wrote:

      Let's consider the Bloodhound. Not long ago it was worth 5mil. I believe it was up to 54mil at market price a few days back.

      -Should I pop it so I can get the worthless skin for a cheap mount that's worth less than 1% of that.
      -Should I go for the initial (short term) payday of 50+mil to whatever it is right now plus a few weeks
      -Should I continue hording as a long term investment, given that they were already excellent cash cow investments over time, being of finite supply and limited time only.

      I prefer to hold onto it (essentially the long term 3rd option) as a modest slow and steady investment over time and sometimes ride it around Caerleon, since it will soon be an ex-mount that second part is no longer a thing.

      Even better, the players have to do literally nothing (other than having previously bought the mount when it was cheap, or recruited) to get the super buff for mega billions. No full loot, no random dungeon, no rare pup drop, no roaming gank/dive (which is how many do acquire the battle mounts of 50+mil value), no nothing.

      Its insane, probably the most ill-conceived concept that this team has ever planned to rollout.

      At the same time, you got 8k+ alliances hording all the territories in Anglia and Glouvia which are meant for new ish players to develop. The new continents and reset days are great if you're ARCH/EGO able to easily zone cap plenty of maps. You got the cartel stronger than ever in Caerleon after SBI's previous smack talking of supposedly intenting to break up cartels.

      Rip indeed, not looking good bro.
      Yeah, funny thing is the people who actually think this is a good decision don't even seem to be on the benefiting end of this, quite the tragic comedy unfolding. They fail to realize how this propelled us well established players into even more obscene amounts of wealth.

      PS - I agree with every thing you just pointed out. That is exactly my issue with it. I personally might benefit from this, but the game will be worse of as a whole. I'll repeat, the idea is good. Implementation/Execution terrible.
    • I realised that it seems to be the collectors that truly care about the health of the game. It is obvious when you think about it. The collection is only valuable if there are enough people who will want the things that they have.

      This feature, if implemented the way it is now laid out, might end up hurting the game population. (as explained in posts above) Pre-F2P mounts are valuable enough already. Stop with this foolishness!

      Easy Fix: Do not make the switch from mount -> "skin item" automatic. Instead you need to purchase a "skin item" at vanity store and the mount works as an ingredient. (+ gold price)

      edit: Preferably a Pre-F2P skin should also be possible to convert back to mount. Just because, most of them are rare enough already (+other reasons).

      Simple, elegant working solution.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().