Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am a collector and I have many rare mounts. and although all can be revalued in the short / medium term, I would prefer that these changes not be implemented.

Convert some saddles in consumable skins is to modify everything related to trade and investment, these are currently the most expensive items in the game. It is not so clear that they will go up in price, people spend a lot of money on these monts because they know they can recover it in hard times and that will not be again.
    • Juneight wrote:

How else am i gonna distinguish between a trash T3 ox and a T8 ox with fat loot?
      The oxen will still come in tiers, nothing will change in that regard. And you can disable seeing vanities/skins on other players, so it won't interfere with the readability if you don't want it to.
    • Mount Skins will have visibility options in the settings menu under a new tab. Per default, Mount Skins are always visible. But you can decide to hide mount skins of yourself, play partners or opponents to reveal their "original" mount in non-safe zones. The setup will look similar to this:
      Show mount skins for yourself:
      Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Show mount skins of play partners (Same Guild, Alliance or Party):
      Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas

Show mount skins of opponents:
      Always (Default)
      Only in safe areas
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

@H4n1baL

Really don't like this idea at all for multiple reasons:

1) In order to use a mount skin, you have to consume it permanently. In the extreme case of a ghostwolf, we're talking about basically destroying an item worth hundreds of millions of silver. I understand that I will always be able to apply that skin to a direwolf - but if I ever wanted to sell it, I can't. At least currently, I can ride it around when I want to, and still have the option to sell if I wanted to.

2) I won't be able to use my rare mounts across multiple accounts

3) Some of the mounts you listed are not just vanity mounts, take for example the arena armored sabertooth. It's a clear upgrade over the standard swiftclaw (+armor). Will that mount no longer exist other than as a cosmetic skin? If that's the case, it's a shame. Same case for the husky sled as a skin for the direwolf.

4) From the perspective of full loot PvP, it's completely at odds with Albion's core gameplay of everything being full loot and drop-able. Killing someone riding a rare mount is exciting, and moving to a world where everyone is just using a skin and dropping a generic mount is going to make the game a little more boring.

5) Generally speaking, it's going to fill the world with 'rare' mount skins - so seeing them out in the open world won't feel special anymore. Like why would a T4 claw ganker ride around on his boring T3 horse when he could cover it with a relatively cheap horse macabre skin? The world is going to be filled with so-called 'rare' mounts and they won't feel special anymore

Hope you and the team reconsider - or maybe some kind of compromise where all existing mounts would remain as is, and mount skins would be introduced for any new rewards going forward.

Several things i will say Grim is this and please don't take this as being rude.

1) if you want to sell the ghostwolf then sell it, if you want the skin, then consume it. All games do this for their wardrobe since the items become soulbound or untradable.

2) This one i semi agree with, if you consume it, you cant put it in a chest and use it on another character. Though this might be pretty healthy for the economy in the long run

3) i am not sure i understand this one, but are you saying that you would want to keep the effects? like the hightened speed and such just based on the skins? that wouldnt be even remotely fair if that was the case.

4) Black zones this feature is removed. So you wont have that issue, not sure about red zones, but still, with the sheer amount of 10v1s that happen cant really say that the pvp full loot is that exciting.

5) You have an plethora of skins to choose from, rare or not. What some forget is that some of these mounts are very expensive and very rare, why you cant enjoy running around with it as often as you like without the threat of losing it is beyong me, the nature of the game is full loot. but are we really going to suggest people shouldnt at least have the option of keeping the look?

something that others also overlook is most players want these particular mounts for their looks, and will pay a LOT of silver for them.
    • Midgard wrote:

H4n1baL wrote:

Maybe I didn't make this clear enough: Skins are only applied visually, you cannot create an infinite number of ghostwolf skin-unlock items or whatever. To unlock a ghostwolf skin, you'll have to consume the skin-unlock item, destroying the item and unlocking the skin for you. It's only applied visually to all direwolves you're riding, but it doesn't influence the direwolf mount.
      So the item is destroyed and you get virtually unlimited uses of the skin ... so you could run around on a direwolf (with the ghostwolf visual applied), get killed and the item looted or even destroyed, you then just mount up on another one and you are 'visually' on a ghost wolf again.
      What youre basically doing is moving from a rare mount position where that mount could be looted or destroyed, to a model where it is unlootable and undestroyable,

What happened to the full loot/item destruction premise of your game?
      So you're complaining that in yellow zones where you can't full loot that people have the option of having a certain skin whenever they want?
      because you do know that in black zones, this feature is off, and you have the ability to toggle this....

Forneus wrote:

Heppernaut wrote:

Let's take all the rich players of Albion Online, the RICH ones, who have all the recruiter mounts in a chest somewhere "Just because"

And lets multiply their money with no thought.

5/7 update.
      Yeah lmao, i went from billionaire to I don't know what now, but definitely ALOT more. Like you said, this just multiplied a good chunk of my long term investments, that i considered to be the slow but steady investments. Now they are just skyrocketing, leaving all my other investments behind in a trail of dust. Talk about broken, and I'm not even the biggest hoarder of these mounts, I know of a good amount of other players that have even more of these mounts stashed.
      Such a horrible patch for the overall long term health of the game.
      A "billionaire" complaining about having more? ...look if you are tired of having that much, i can definitely take some of that off your hands.
    • Jaylightsol wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Heppernaut wrote:

Let's take all the rich players of Albion Online, the RICH ones, who have all the recruiter mounts in a chest somewhere "Just because"

5/7 update.
      Yeah lmao, i went from billionaire to I don't know what now, but definitely ALOT more. Like you said, this just multiplied a good chunk of my long term investments, that i considered to be the slow but steady investments. Now they are just skyrocketing, leaving all my other investments behind in a trail of dust. Talk about broken, and I'm not even the biggest hoarder of these mounts, I know of a good amount of other players that have even more of these mounts stashed.Such a horrible patch for the overall long term health of the game.
      A "billionaire" complaining about having more? ...look if you are tired of having that much, i can definitely take some of that off your hands.
      A you purposefully misinterpreting what I'm saying? I'm saying it's broken what they just implemented. I care about the health of the game I chose to play since being a billionaire in a long term dead game is boring af. This is not a healthy direction for the game and I care about the game being welcoming to new players and items being obtainable for these people. Gatekeeping is absolutely not a good thing.
    • Forneus wrote:

Jaylightsol wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Heppernaut wrote:

5/7 update.
      Yeah lmao, i went from billionaire to I don't know what now, but definitely ALOT more. Like you said, this just multiplied a good chunk of my long term investments, that i considered to be the slow but steady investments. Now they are just skyrocketing, leaving all my other investments behind in a trail of dust. Talk about broken, and I'm not even the biggest hoarder of these mounts, I know of a good amount of other players that have even more of these mounts stashed.Such a horrible patch for the overall long term health of the game.
      A you purposefully misinterpreting what I'm saying? I'm saying it's broken what they just implemented. I care about the health of the game I chose to play since being a billionaire in a long term dead game is boring af. This is not a healthy direction for the game and I care about the game being welcoming to new players and items being obtainable for these people. Gatekeeping is absolutely not a good thing.
      The friendlier the game becomes, the more people will play, when you have people keeping everything to themselves, managing the markets in a monopoly is not friendly to players. I too care about the health of the game, this is why i purchase gold and spread the wealth whenever i can, i want the game to be fun and welcoming to new players as well, and that involves allowing them certain freedoms. If they want to ride on their favorite mount or wear their favorite outfits without losing it, they should have the option. They wont get the effects, they wont get the defenses, but they can at least enjoy watching their character or ride their favorite mount on their own screen.

This is healthy for the game, maybe not your economy, but i know my friends and i will still be buying the same mounts we have always bought, this time we just get to have the skins we like.
    • Forneus wrote:

Heppernaut wrote:

5/7 update.
      Yeah lmao, i went from billionaire to I don't know what now, but definitely ALOT more. Like you said, this just multiplied a good chunk of my long term investments, that i considered to be the slow but steady investments. Now they are just skyrocketing, leaving all my other investments behind in a trail of dust. Talk about broken, and I'm not even the biggest hoarder of these mounts, I know of a good amount of other players that have even more of these mounts stashed.
      Such a horrible patch for the overall long term health of the game.
      I agree. I have voiced my concerns. That is all I can do.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • You realize how expensive any of the recruiter mounts just became? They won't be obtainable for any new players, it's not welcoming. That dream of one day owning the one you like is in most cases gone. It's going to be for whales or vets who played the econ part of the game.

Ghost wolf was already around 150k gold pre patch-notes, so close to 700 USD, offers for special arena mounts have been seen around 1.5 billion silver. That mount just got rendered completely unavailable over night, the other recruiter mounts just saw 2x 3x price hikes, and this is all before we've even seen any item destruction actually occur...

You're willfully ignorant to the impact this has on the game. It's the literal definition of gatekeeping. Content for the very very few. How can you say this is inclusive or healthy in any way shape or form?
    • No longer able to ride the ghost wolf or the tiger around town? Really? People do take the specter wolf into the open world.

Let's say I have 10 specter wolf, I pop 1 to get the skin. now I have 9 in true specter wolf that I can't even ride around town, and I have to use instead a false specter wolf skin that has the same stats?

Is it really necessary to make the tiger and impala et al no longer a ride-able mount?

Multiplying the investments of the billionaire class with no thought?

You guys really need to think these things through before you add broken af new stuff that nobody asked for except for some of the .1% crowd, and not all of them because many can see why this is dreadful.
    • Forneus wrote:

You realize how expensive any of the recruiter mounts just became? They won't be obtainable for any new players, it's not welcoming. That dream of one day owning the one you like is in most cases gone. It's going to be for whales or vets who played the econ part of the game.

Ghost wolf was already around 150k gold pre patch-notes, so close to 700 USD, offers for special arena mounts have been seen around 1.5 billion silver. That mount just got rendered completely unavailable over night, the other recruiter mounts just saw 2x 3x price hikes, and this is all before we've even seen any item destruction actually occur...

You're willfully ignorant to the impact this has on the game. It's the literal definition of gatekeeping. Content for the very very few. How can you say this is inclusive or healthy in any way shape or form?
      So let me get this straight the amount went up 2-3x and im forced to pay this price?

Look if someone wants to have their ghostwolf at 100 billion+ im not going to care, if people want to pay that amount then they will, foolishly, if that person wants money, and noone is buying their stuff, then they can stick to their guns, or drop the price... All this hoopla of the sky is falling, is ridiculous. Let them keep the mounts way up high, lets see how many people actually buy it for that amount.