Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mrnin wrote:

SubitusNex wrote:

Good to know They did before, so that's a big change.
      The morgana mare applied to a Tier 5 armored horse gave it more HP, speed, etc. Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

Just a tiny example in the grand scheme of things.
      Morgana mare is T5.1 and its same to T6 armor horse.Same like T4.2 = T5,1 = T6 (most of non artifact items)
      Thanks for the clarification, so effectively they are removing an upgrade item and turning it to vanity. So that way you have to actually raise T6 horses.
      Unless there's another upgrade path for these things I'm missing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SubitusNex ().

• Mrnin wrote:

CassX wrote:

If you look at big picture from Lino you can see value 5000 gold,maybe this is the price.
      He wrote, its going to be free. The price is how it will looks like, if u want unlock new mount skin. They chose only wrong example how to present it. Soo Imagine new skin ("Spectral wolf") and it will cost 5k golds to unlock.
      I think it will be like this:I want ghostwolf skin,purchase skin cost somethings(like 5000gold),after i buy the skin(for example ghostwolf) i get permanent this skin and everytime i can applying this skin on my wolfs and this applying will be for free because i already purchase the skin..So i think you pay only for buy/unlock skins but applying will be for free..But we will see..
    • CassX wrote:

I think it will be like this:I want ghostwolf skin,purchase skin cost somethings(like 5000gold),after i buy the skin(for example ghostwolf) i get permanent this skin and everytime i can applying this skin on my wolfs and this applying will be for free because i already purchase the skin..So i think you pay only for buy/unlock skins but applying will be for free..But we will see..
      If this is the case then the value and rarity of ghostwolves will be completely destroyed. Once youve got the skin you can apply it to any direwolf, lose it dozens of times and still have the mount. Struggling to see how this is a good change, especially for rarity purposes.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • TheLordTyrellz wrote:

Will anything ever be done for those of us that recruited people before the mount/border rewards? I've recruited over 250 people before it all and I don't have the recruit border ;-;

Great additions btw, Will we ever get cosmetics unlocked for maxing things out on the destiny board?

Thanks!
      @H4n1baL

What do you mean.. "done"?

Thats before your time. You will never get these.
    • How come you decide to implement this retroactively.... You had the opportunity to do this for future mounts only, but decided to massively interfere with the player market by doing this. The market is critically important in AO, you can't just change demand/supply and value of vanity items this way without messing with a whole lot of things.

I'm one of the people who plays 2 chars on separate accounts mainly, i used to share the fun mounts among these two and now I'm gonna have to decide which char i wanna have the cool mounts on? Fuck that.

I'm going to just stash the mounts and sell the consumables in a years time at exorbitant prices that will most likely happen due to the now accelerated item destruction you've introduced for these mounts.

Good luck new players getting the rare skins, they just got a whole lot more expensive or completely unavailable.
    • Midgard wrote:

CassX wrote:

If this is the case then the value and rarity of ghostwolves will be completely destroyed. Once youve got the skin you can apply it to any direwolf, lose it dozens of times and still have the mount. Struggling to see how this is a good change, especially for rarity purposes.
      Yes,i agreed.

But question is,if i buy ghostwolf skin,applying on my (for example) direwolf,i stay at town/safe zone and some other people get to me and see he is riding on ghostwolf,ok but if this guy click on me,inspect my character what he will see,direwolf or ghostwolf?

edit:are you guys ready for Caerleon full of ghostwolf riders?! ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by CassX ().

• Guys, I find it out. I was looking on these skins like they are in CS:GO. But there is an opportunity, U will select your favorite skins and when ever u mount up (for example. Direwolf). Your chosen skin will automatically apply on it. Than if someone inspect u, he will see direwolf on you. And than base on settings, he will visually see skin (ghostwolf) or normal direwolf.
    • Forneus wrote:

How come you decide to implement this retroactively.... You had the opportunity to do this for future mounts only, but decided to massively interfere with the player market by doing this. The market is critically important in AO, you can't just change demand/supply and value of vanity items this way without messing with a whole lot of things
      They always say they wont interfere with the market.. and then..... interfere with the market :P

Oh well. I understand they need to make money. I also think this isn't that much of a big deal honestly. Sure there will be a bunch of price fluctuations, sure mount skin prices are going to go up like mad. And it also seems like a nice try to keep gold inflation going. We'll see what happens over time.
    • The more I read this the more it smacks of same old SBI ... come up with an idea and implement it badly without considering the implications. Im sure there is a place for mount skins in the game in some capacity, but to make it so all encompassing and effect the rarity and value of prime in game items is just careless, reckless, and inexcusable.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

The more I read this the more it smacks of same old SBI ... come up with an idea and implement it badly without considering the implications. Im sure there is a place for mount skins in the game in some capacity, but to make it so all encompassing and effect the rarity and value of prime in game items is just careless, reckless, and inexcusable.
      One way they could've implemented it was by having a skin "bank" where you unlocked skins by having the mounts in that bank so they would see more play OW etc. making the game cooler. From there you could always remove the mount again(also locking away the skin again) to trade it to another char or sell it and in that way you could avoid item destruction or ruining the rare mounts market and still keep them in the game and make it an achievable thing for new players also. Now with item destruction certain mounts won't ever be accessible to new players.

The idea is good, the implementation is horrible though.
    • Bogul wrote:

TheLordTyrellz wrote:

Will anything ever be done for those of us that recruited people before the mount/border rewards? I've recruited over 250 people before it all and I don't have the recruit border ;-;

Great additions btw, Will we ever get cosmetics unlocked for maxing things out on the destiny board?

Thanks!
      @H4n1baL
      What do you mean.. "done"?

Thats before your time. You will never get these.
      Reported to riot games