Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gunvara wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Gunvara wrote:

What about cosmetic equipment ??
      No, being able to visually identify your opponents gear/build is a huge part of AO. This would lead to so many horrible scenarios where people havn't toggled the right settings and get blind sided.
      Yup, i'm all about identifying on first sight. But i ask about a toggle like the mounts for guild/alliance stuff, enemies will still see you in your gear of course.
      Yeah, if implemented like that it would be cool imo. But should be a toggle, sometimes in large fights it's important knowing what your friends are using. Imagine following that 1 retarded clothy in a zvz that is further ahead than the tanks, only you think he must obviously be a tank due to positioning, so you get baited into a horrible position yourself :)
    • H4n1baL wrote:

Maybe I didn't make this clear enough: Skins are only applied visually, you cannot create an infinite number of ghostwolf skin-unlock items or whatever. To unlock a ghostwolf skin, you'll have to consume the skin-unlock item, destroying the item and unlocking the skin for you. It's only applied visually to all direwolves you're riding, but it doesn't influence the direwolf mount.
      So the item is destroyed and you get virtually unlimited uses of the skin ... so you could run around on a direwolf (with the ghostwolf visual applied), get killed and the item looted or even destroyed, you then just mount up on another one and you are 'visually' on a ghost wolf again.

What youre basically doing is moving from a rare mount position where that mount could be looted or destroyed, to a model where it is unlootable and undestroyable,

What happened to the full loot/item destruction premise of your game?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • @H4n1baL

Will body types ever be implemented to character customisation?

It would be a nice option to have custom height and weight/muscle options that would also influence how your model looks whilst wearing armor.

As nice as this would be I'm sure it would be a lot of work, was just curious if this is something that could happen in the future?

Also was there once plans to have multiple playable races? And if so is that concept totally off the table?

The coming patch looks great, really looking forward to it! Keep up the great work.
    • Heppernaut wrote:

Let's take all the rich players of Albion Online, the RICH ones, who have all the recruiter mounts in a chest somewhere "Just because"

And lets multiply their money with no thought.

5/7 update.
      Yeah lmao, i went from billionaire to I don't know what now, but definitely ALOT more. Like you said, this just multiplied a good chunk of my long term investments, that i considered to be the slow but steady investments. Now they are just skyrocketing, leaving all my other investments behind in a trail of dust. Talk about broken, and I'm not even the biggest hoarder of these mounts, I know of a good amount of other players that have even more of these mounts stashed.

Such a horrible patch for the overall long term health of the game.
    • Bluebeel wrote:

If I understood correctly, my spectral wolf will become a simple skin that I should activate in order to apply it as a skin.

But if I do not have a normal wolf I have to buy one at once no? If so, it's shit.
      @H4n1baL please notice this. This will be the impact for majority of players... They have to be at the mercy of traders and buy overpriced direwolves to ride the gift mount they got... :huh:

Traders and rich people are happy. Rest not so much...
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • @Ravenar Now is the time to be a Skinner/breeder. You're totally right, this will effect the market heavily. But it will also provide more options to make money for both new and old players.

I guess only time will tell if it is good or bad for the economy of the game.

I personally would have kept mounts exactly as they are, but have the option to craft the mounts into skin components via the vanity merchant.
    • So with no way to trade consumed skins between players, it's pretty much guaranteed that these recruiters skins (looking at you, Husky) are going to be worth billions in a few years as people who consumed the skin quit the game.

Why not instead have a skin be an item slot in some new UI element where we can drop a skin, and take it out later to trade away?
      IGN:Ohelig
      Discord: Ohelig#0001
    • Forneus wrote:

Mishirene wrote:

Two questions.

Will we be able to increase the size of our Morganas?

And secondly, what would it take to convince you guys to put a goat mount?
      There are already goat mounts, at least for a while until they're all going to be consumed and then there will be no more goat mounts or the remaining ones will be ridiculously expensive :)
      There isn't a goat mount. Though if you know of one that I don't please tell me what it is so I can search for it.
    • Mishirene wrote:

Forneus wrote:

Mishirene wrote:

Two questions.

Will we be able to increase the size of our Morganas?

And secondly, what would it take to convince you guys to put a goat mount?
      There are already goat mounts, at least for a while until they're all going to be consumed and then there will be no more goat mounts or the remaining ones will be ridiculously expensive :)
      There isn't a goat mount. Though if you know of one that I don't please tell me what it is so I can search for it.
      There is Yule Ram and Recruiters Ram, Ram is a male goat no?
    • @H4n1baL

Really don't like this idea at all for multiple reasons:

1) In order to use a mount skin, you have to consume it permanently. In the extreme case of a ghostwolf, we're talking about basically destroying an item worth hundreds of millions of silver. I understand that I will always be able to apply that skin to a direwolf - but if I ever wanted to sell it, I can't. At least currently, I can ride it around when I want to, and still have the option to sell if I wanted to.

2) I won't be able to use my rare mounts across multiple accounts

3) Some of the mounts you listed are not just vanity mounts, take for example the arena armored sabertooth. It's a clear upgrade over the standard swiftclaw (+armor). Will that mount no longer exist other than as a cosmetic skin? If that's the case, it's a shame. Same case for the husky sled as a skin for the direwolf.

4) From the perspective of full loot PvP, it's completely at odds with Albion's core gameplay of everything being full loot and drop-able. Killing someone riding a rare mount is exciting, and moving to a world where everyone is just using a skin and dropping a generic mount is going to make the game a little more boring.

5) Generally speaking, it's going to fill the world with 'rare' mount skins - so seeing them out in the open world won't feel special anymore. Like why would a T4 claw ganker ride around on his boring T3 horse when he could cover it with a relatively cheap horse macabre skin? The world is going to be filled with so-called 'rare' mounts and they won't feel special anymore

Hope you and the team reconsider - or maybe some kind of compromise where all existing mounts would remain as is, and mount skins would be introduced for any new rewards going forward.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grimhawke-EB ().