Vanity & Customization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AYRAFUCKHERO wrote:

HAHAHA millionaire men with extravagant mounts, now they will not help!!
      the price of your valuable saddles will fall :D :D :D :D
      You don't market do you?

They introduced item destruction for gear that previously saw little to none. They just got a hell lot more expensive, if you wanted less gatekeeping and less millionaires, the literal opposite just happened. Why do you think they removed existing orders from the market place? Because they are now massively undervalued.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Forneus ().

• Redsaw wrote:

I'm hopeful that the ghostwolf skins along with other recruiter skins wont be purchaseable at the the vanity store, rather, these mounts will be able to be redeemed through the consumeable.

@Midgard

If anything, assuming the above is the case, these mounts just shot up in value.
      I had the same thing in mind... Not that I wouldn't love to obtain those skins, but i think some should be considered legacy and not tempered with...
    • @kamilasd1 I can't currently tell you when Percival is coming. An official announcement is coming soonish.
      @Mrnin You cannot "transmute" anything. You choose a skin (for example the specter wolf) that is VISUALLY applied to all regular direwolfs that you're riding. It does NOT affect the actual item you're using. Unlocking new skins is done in two ways: Either you consume a skin-unlock item (like the specter wolf) and then it's deleted from your inventory to unlock the skin permanently for your account. You can trade skin-unlock items before consuming them though obviously. Second way is purchasing other skins (like the Keeper themed horse) that are not available as skin-unlock items. They cost gold.
      @Bogul @Forneus @Vandras Yes, we are aware that a lot of these mounts are already very rare. But we decided to give a lot of cosmetic items a better meaning than sitting around in chests. There's certainly pros and cons, but ultimately we're convinced this is the better way. We are convinced that influencing the market was justified in this case. It's not something we plan to do regularly at all!
      @SwiftKK I can't tell you right now when gender change is coming.
      @CassX The 5000 gold display you see is the gold you currently own. Also the ghostwolf stays as exclusive as it is now, you'll not be able to purchase a ghostwolf skin for gold. Inspecting a player will always show their actual mount, not the skin.
      @TheLordTyrellz About the referral before the system became a thing: That's not quite my field of work, but I will forward your question. About the max. Destiny Board unlocks: possible, but no concrete plans right now
      @Midgard Maybe I didn't make this clear enough: Skins are only applied visually, you cannot create an infinite number of ghostwolf skin-unlock items or whatever. To unlock a ghostwolf skin, you'll have to consume the skin-unlock item, destroying the item and unlocking the skin for you. It's only applied visually to all direwolves you're riding, but it doesn't influence the direwolf mount.
      @Redsaw Correct, only new skins (that aren't currently in the game) will be purchasable for gold. For referral items for example you will need the according skin-unlock item. There's currently no other way planned to get the unlock for these items.

Hope this helps.

- Lino
    • @Hannibal

Why don't you just make it an unlock/lock feature with items placed in a skin bank as I suggested further in the thread. This would be way less invasive to the market and guarantee that certain mounts could live on as an achievable goal for new players if they want them.

What is the justification for the sudden item destruction. Why are you choosing to alienate new players like this, it's not healthy for the game and general experience. Albion was never about BoE gear etc. It's about player driven economy and content and TRADE ABLE items.

I just got whole LOT richer considering I have a chest filled with these types of mounts. So selfish me goes "YAY". Selfish me who considers the overall health of the game and accessibility for new players also... Thinks this is a horrible change. Certain things are now completely off limits to them aka. you crushed certain new players dream of one day owning that white wolf or that cool referral dog/sled whatever.

It's not a good implementation, you just alienate new players even more than some probably already feel with the massive disparity in wealth there is in this game.

This is going to lead to some serious gatekeeping which is like poison to any community.
    • AYRAFUCKHERO wrote:

H4n1baL wrote:

@CassX The 5000 gold display you see is the gold you currently own. Also the ghostwolf stays as exclusive as it is now, you'll not be able to purchase a ghostwolf skin for gold. Inspecting a player will always show their actual mount, not the skin.
      then how is it supposed to get
      You don't get them. You are too poor, let me quote your words back to you with some correction:

"HAHAHA millionaire men with extravagant mounts, now GET RICHER!!the price of your valuable saddles will SKYROCKET"
      Discord: Redsaw#6002
    • @H4n1baL so if i want unlock ghostwolf skin,i have to have ghostwolf in my inventory and then i can buy skin for gold?
      For example, when I have a friend what gives me a ghostwolf for a second,then I buy my ghostwolf skin,then I give ghostwolf back to my friend and I still have my skin bought?Is this possible?

edit: I already understand..

The post was edited 1 time, last by CassX ().

• Changes in mounts totally unnecessary, absurd and intrascendental for the game. Destroys the economy of collecting,

will make some rich and lose a lot of silver to others, this game is becoming something very untrustworthy.

Can you get 'any' skin for gold?

- If Yes: It's a scam for all collectors, so many who have supported the game by recruiting new players, investing in special items ...
      - If No: It's a scam for new players, closing them the possibility of having everything, no matter how hard they try ... rare skin will be impossible to achieve in a short time

What improves the game with this? To be able to wear a spectral wolf skin when you wear a normal wolf? It is a bad joke.

It seems that developers and designers don't understand their own game
    • CassX wrote:

@H4n1baL so if i want unlock ghostwolf skin,i have to have ghostwolf in my inventory and then i can buy skin for gold?
      For example, when I have a friend what gives me a ghostwolf for a second,then I buy my ghostwolf skin,then I give ghostwolf back to my friend and I still have my skin bought?Is this possible?
      No, it's a consumable. Item gets destroyed. It's gone forever and bound to your account.
    • H4n1baL wrote:

@Bogul @Forneus @Vandras Yes, we are aware that a lot of these mounts are already very rare. But we decided to give a lot of cosmetic items a better meaning than sitting around in chests. There's certainly pros and cons, but ultimately we're convinced this is the better way. We are convinced that influencing the market was justified in this case. It's not something we plan to do regularly at all!
      I can understand this. Thanks for replying.
      By the way, I seriously hope you guys are planning something to reduce the gap that newer players have from a few old ones, because the whole AO world is in their hand right now (economy, GvG scene, etc.)
      Almost like our real world, which is not good.
    • Forneus wrote:

CassX wrote:

@H4n1baL so if i want unlock ghostwolf skin,i have to have ghostwolf in my inventory and then i can buy skin for gold?
      No, it's a consumable. Item gets destroyed. It's gone forever and bound to your account.
      Ohh yea yea,I already understand. :)
    • Forneus wrote:

Gunvara wrote:

What about cosmetic equipment ??
      No, being able to visually identify your opponents gear/build is a huge part of AO. This would lead to so many horrible scenarios where people havn't toggled the right settings and get blind sided.
      Yup, i'm all about identifying on first sight. But i ask about a toggle like the mounts for guild/alliance stuff, enemies will still see you in your gear of course.
      Usalo para probar Albion --> https://albiononline.com/?ref=F4G53NL8XS