Vanity & Customization

• Новости неплохие. В игре очень мало соло контента, фактически это только крафт и собирательство. Однако, хотелось бы услышать, что планируют делать разработчики в сфере пве контента для групп и кланов.
    • Ravenar wrote:

The way I see it from Korn's reply is this. (Also what @Captainrussia said about Eve)

This is a repair move. Their goal is to switch to a different Vanity Mechanism. Current Referral mounts are an inconvinience. If collectors get frustrated or even leave, it does not matter. It is a risk they are ready to make. Core audience is now, and always will be the PvP and BZ people. If you are not there, think once again if this is the game is for you. Or continue keeping voice on the forums to make it more friendly for a more diverse audience.

There will be a transition period. After that the old Referral mounts will be extremely rare, very expensive but also have very small market. So there will probably be a cap how high the prices will ever go.

There will be time that there are 100 vanity skins on the market including a dragon for 10 thousand (oops) gold or something. If that day comes, someone trying to sell a Ghostwolf could be a "meh" ... There are just cooler options for fraction of the price.

Not sure. This is my hunch ;)
      wow the only guy in the thread who seems to get it.

In my book: skins that are used out in OW > useless mounts sitting in the bank for noone to see.

Oh and even if every single one of the collectors would quit (like 1% of population), we'd lose like 400 players, lulkek.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

The way I see it from Korn's reply is this. (Also what @Captainrussia said about Eve)

This is a repair move. Their goal is to switch to a different Vanity Mechanism. Current Referral mounts are an inconvinience. If collectors get frustrated or even leave, it does not matter. It is a risk they are ready to make. Core audience is now, and always will be the PvP and BZ people. If you are not there, think once again if this is the game is for you. Or continue keeping voice on the forums to make it more friendly for a more diverse audience.

There will be a transition period. After that the old Referral mounts will be extremely rare, very expensive but also have very small market. So there will probably be a cap how high the prices will ever go.

There will be time that there are 100 vanity skins on the market including a dragon for 10 thousand (oops) gold or something. If that day comes, someone trying to sell a Ghostwolf could be a "meh" ... There are just cooler options for fraction of the price.

Not sure. This is my hunch ;)
      wow the only guy in the thread who seems to get it.
      In my book: skins that are used out in OW > useless mounts sitting in the bank for noone to see.10

Oh and even if every single one of the collectors would quit (like 1% of population), we'd lose like 400 players, lulkek.
      Don't even understand why people are so annoyed by prices going up for these 'skins'
      Skins give you 0 advantages over the regular mount.
      So even if skin costs 100B, and it sells, what is the problem?
      Only collectors will buy these skins for this ammount of silver, and they 'use' this skin, aka they lose alot of money, just for looks,
      Or would you rather have these 'rich' players use their silver to manipulate markets or overgear in fights?
      Its good for economy, why would a poor new player want to buy any of these skins?
      He should be happy rich players are aisting their money on these skins.
      Doesn't give any advantages, only clears out bankaccounts.
      Imo a very good change, atleast these beauties will be seen in open world now. ( Using the skin = losing the skin, so all fair imo )
    • @Captainrussia

The danger of all this is that it is damaging game features, options, game styles. You are happy today, but maybe, tomorrow, the wind will change and any other stupid thing will be encouraged instead of PVP, Which thing can happen with an Albion development- not serious.

Today, it is ruining the game to the collectors by modifying their items to treason, but tomorrow it could be anything else and this becomes Pokemon or a bad copy of Wow if it generates more benefits.

What would you think if they will remove the 5v5, or ZvZ, or the trade putting a single world market, or free loot? Everything can happen and surely there are better and more commercial systems, but it would not be Albion.

Do you have an idea? Mount skins. Great!!! Add them, but respect all previous

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fary ().

• @H4n1baL

Hello I just want to come in and say that while I like the idea of this I hate the retarded way you thought (that's really stretching it) of to put it in the game.

I worked on a mount collection with my girlfriend and because of you we won't be able to share anymore. You really screwed us over. Now we have to decide whether to split the skins which isn't even that easy to figure out or to sell it all and split the mon-, oh wait, we can't! You went out of your way to construct this elaborate way of forcing this change into an existing economy because something's wrong with you that you cannot come up with NEW stuff.

You destroyed this cool thing we both had going to do something together.

Hire some artists to make some orignal assets instead of designers that screw the game over every month and shuffling around the stuff you already have!!!

I get that some of the rare referral mounts and so on do not serve a purpose in the game right now because they're too valuable to just go out with and the impala and pig for example don't even have good stats but maybe, just maaayyyybe, you could have thought of that from the beginning! It doesn't take a lot of brain juice to realise that putting hard to get rare mounts into a full loot pvp game will cause those rare mounts to rot in chests for the most part. But you kept pumping them out and my girlfriend and me were happy to collect one of each for, you know, our collection! And now that's all gone into consumable account bound nonsense.

I also get you need to look into further uses for gold and monetisation strategies, because so far, outside of premium, there were none! But the way you did this, again, is hamfisted, not thought through, based on systems that were not thought through and tacked on.

Very dissapointed.
    • Harun wrote:

@H4n1baL

Hello I just want to come in and say that while I like the idea of this I hate the retarded way you thought (that's really stretching it) of to put it in the game.

I worked on a mount collection with my girlfriend and because of you we won't be able to share anymore. You really screwed us over. Now we have to decide whether to split the skins which isn't even that easy to figure out or to sell it all and split the mon-, oh wait, we can't! You went out of your way to construct this elaborate way of forcing this change into an existing economy because something's wrong with you that you cannot come up with NEW stuff.

Hire some artists to make some orignal assets instead of designers that screw the game over every month and shuffling around the stuff you already have!!!

I get that some of the rare referral mounts and so on do not serve a purpose in the game right now because they're too valuable to just go out with and the impala and pig for example don't even have good stats but maybe, just maaayyyybe, you could have thought of that from the beginning! It doesn't take a lot of brain juice to realise that putting hard to get rare mounts into a full loot pvp game will cause those rare mounts to rot in chests for the most part. But you kept pumping them out and my girlfriend and me were happy to collect one of each for, you know, our collection! And now that's all gone into consumable account bound nonsense.

I also get you need to look into further uses for gold and monetisation strategies, because so far, outside of premium, there were none! But the way you did this, again, is hamfisted, not thought through, based on systems that were not thought through and tacked on.

Very dissapointed.
      Why can't you sell the skins? they will be tradeable according to the OP
    • Fary wrote:

The danger of all this is that it is damaging game features, options, game styles. You are happy today, but maybe, tomorrow, the wind will change and any other stupid thing will be encouraged instead of PVP, Which thing can happen with an Albion development- not serious.
      Nope, not worried about any of this. I've been here for 4+ years (and 10+ years before that in EvE Online, which is a copy of Albion, but just in space, or rather - Albion copied Eve, as eve is older). So Im not worried about the "core" designs of the game changing I know they won't.

Fary wrote:

Today, it is ruining the game to the collectors by modifying their items to treason, but tomorrow it could be anything else and this becomes Pokemon or a bad copy of Wow if it generates more benefits.
      No, that would not happen. Im 99% sure. (nothing in this life is 100%, except death. But 99% is a pretty damn high confidence level in my book). So Im not even going to waste my nerve cells worrying about something so unrealistic.

Fary wrote:

What would you think if they will remove the 5v5, or ZvZ, or the trade putting a single world market, or free loot? Everything can happen and surely there are better and more commercial systems, but it would not be Albion.
      They will never remove 5v5 or ZvZ or trade. And I don't want to waste my time speculating on such nonsense any further. You are just over-dramatizing things.

Harun wrote:

I worked on a mount collection with my girlfriend and because of you we won't be able to share anymore.
      Oh? Tell me more how did you guys "share" this collection? From one bank chest to another? Cuz you clearly could not have taken those outside of the city.
      Seriously the "excuses" these kids are coming up with are hilarious.... "my dog ate my homework" and now I am pissed about my mount skins ROFL...

TacTic wrote:

So the husky's sled who can carry 1000+ kgs will now be only a skin for direwolf ? ahahah
      Did your husky carry 1000+ kgs of dust from one bank chest to another? "ahahah" - you're an idiot...
    • I think the changes have their issues but I only see the developers having an easier time adding more stuff to the game and being able to focus on other matters. People who have these mounts will only ever use these in cities because of their value. If you guys keep wishing for them to remain as items they might as well make them skins available to everyone because you guys are acting ungrateful in my opinion. They have given us an account wide skin system and made it so if you were lucky enough to own any of these mounts; have something limited. Well then you might say but you lose resale value; then sell the item when it becomes a skin plain and simple so you get your "resale value". You own these for the sole purpose of their looks keep that in mind.
    • moneymike2g wrote:

I think the changes have their issues but I only see the developers having an easier time adding more stuff to the game and being able to focus on other matters. People who have these mounts will only ever use these in cities because of their value. If you guys keep wishing for them to remain as items they might as well make them skins available to everyone because you guys are acting ungrateful in my opinion. They have given us an account wide skin system and made it so if you were lucky enough to own any of these mounts; have something limited. Well then you might say but you lose resale value; then sell the item when it becomes a skin plain and simple so you get your "resale value". You own these for the sole purpose of their looks keep that in mind.
      I'd be really curious to see some statistics on how often recruiter mounts have been taken out of the blue / yellow zones in the last year or smthing.
    • Harun wrote:

Same. I used to let my brother and best friend ride some of my rare mounts as we went out gathering. Not anymore. Now they will be locked to my account and we can no longer share. Yet another loss of freedom of what I can do with my items. We're losing the ability to BOTH ride AND sell a mount so why not add no sharing to the list am I right? =\
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter
    • Zorva wrote:

Same. I used to let my brother and best friend ride some of my rare mounts as we went out gathering. Not anymore.
      you used to gather t1 stone in Starter islands and now you have the nerve to complain? LOL.

What a god-damn disgrace if these vanity (seasonal reward) mounts were only used to ride out in noob areas... what a shame and waste of DEV effort... (and I highly doubt this was true btw... I think these mounts were just gathering dust in your banks, and you're just making this up to drive your agenda of "self-victimization", otherwise I'd love to see some proofs... maybe some videos or screenshots of you guys gathering t1 stones out there?)

So glad we will now be able to use these beautiful skins on all of our mounts and be able to use them in the Open World everywhere in the game!