Albion 5vs5 Scrim League: looking for teams, organizers, judges and sponsors

• Albion 5vs5 Scrim League: looking for teams, organizers, judges and sponsors

Hello everyone!

We have had the 5vs5 Scrim System in the game for about a year now - but we have no proper league or tournaments that make use of this potentially awesome feature.

I decided I want to change this starting today.

So this is what I have in mind:
    1. After a public call for input and suggestions (this thread) in regards to how we should design the ruleset for the league, I will take it upon myself to help organize an Albion 5vs5 GvG Scrim League.
    2. Once we have agreed upon a ruleset and have enough teams who are interested in participating - I will try my best to make sure we keep it runing and have reasonable prize pools for the participating teams.
    3. To do this well, I need help! (If you want to get involved to organize this or sponsor prizes, please let me know and get in touch! (Bogul#6397)
    my preliminary ideas on how the league will be designed:
    • there will be two item tier divisions (6.1 / 8.1) (to make it simple) ; we will probably start with one unified item power level to start with and see how it goes (6.1?)
    • each division will consist of multiple groups with 5 teams per group
    • one season will last one month ; after a season concludes, teams are promoted or demoted to the next highest or next lowest group depending on their results ; this means that the teams would have about one week to arrange a time and complete their match against their opponent
    • there is no limit of teams per guild that can sign up, but we still have to find a compromise in regards to what a team is and if players can be switched or stand in
      • still need feedback on this !
    • prize pools will be based on sponsorships and signup fees that 100% go towards the prize pools
      • (does 250k per player seem reasonable?)
    • matches are best of 3
    • one player per team must be able to record the match, so we can show it on the official twitch stream (AlbionTV), i'm pretty sure @Shozen, @lewpac22 and @Tazzik would love to showcase these
    If you have suggestions, ideas, comments or are interested in becoming a prize pool sponsor (to plug your guild or business), get in touch and respond to this thread :)

SIGNUPS FOR TEAMS WILL PROBABLY OPEN IN 1-2 WEEKS FROM THIS POST

(work in progress) Discord here: discord.gg/U3atYtn
    Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"

The post was edited 4 times, last by Bogul ().

• Nice idea, would like to see that succeeding and might be able to help you out a bit idk xD

Some suggestions though:
    there will be two item tier divisions (6.1 / 8.1) (to make it simple)

Make it IP cap like it is on the Scrim discord 6.1 => 1100 IP + 4.1 Cape (+weapon must not be more than 100 ip over the avg ip) 8.1 => 1350 IP + 6.2 Cape + weapon must not be more than 100 ip over the avg ip
    Cap on weapon is important cuz otherwise you can end up with a team having 1.5k IP weapon, 1k Armor, Helmet, Shoes, Cape which ends up in 1.1k avg ip but has way to much dmg.

For groups of 4, you only have 3 opponens => max of 9 matches which is not a lot for a whole month more like for a week imo.

Maybe bigger groups + playoffs? bigger groups + qualify for a monthly / quaterly final? Swiss system? where you will end up playing against a few teams at your skill lvl more likely?
  • Need to find out what exactly you want to achieve with the 6.1 / 8.1 leagues. Do you want people to have similar IP and compete on a "fair skillbased pvp base" OR do you want people to test their "GvGability" so that teams compete in "proper zvz gear / setups" and see if they are gvg rdy, also sonsidering their specs, which surely kinda matter for gvgs.

Also would like to find out if "actively gvging teams" are allowed in this kind of thing. Considering that an actively gvging team would always win against a team that doesnt hold any terries, unless they play different timezones, since otherwise the gvg team that is holding terries wouldnt be able to hold those.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MSSJ ().

• Just a suggestion though (might be biased because i dislike round robin formats xD) Swiss format + playoffs

Pros: The number of teams dont matter to much => you can easily scale it up / down
    not as many matches required => faster
    you fight against several teams and not against mostly the sames every "Season"

playoffs could be just the top 4 to divide the price money

so basically if you get like 8 teams:

1 3 - 0 => goes playoffs
    2 2 - 1 =>
    3 2 - 1 =>
    4 2 - 1 =>
    5 1 - 2
    6 1 - 2
    7 1 - 2
    8 0 - 3
  • The big thing that makes scrims a pain in my opinion is that the respawn timers don't fit a realistic image of what actually happens in the gvg. People don't just spawn in with full gear on and no cooldown on spells. And it's reflected in how some teams play, by streaming in players so the other team is out of mana.

This is something the developers have to fix, but unless you make people take take off and reequip their weapon at tent (which isn't realistic to police), the fights will end up in this fashion. It's not fun to play, and probably not as fun to watch if the point of this tournament is to emulate a proper gvg tournament setting.
  • Lukekk wrote:

The big thing that makes scrims a pain in my opinion is that the respawn timers don't fit a realistic image of what actually happens in the gvg. People don't just spawn in with full gear on and no cooldown on spells. And it's reflected in how some teams play, by streaming in players so the other team is out of mana.

This is something the developers have to fix, but unless you make people take take off and reequip their weapon at tent (which isn't realistic to police), the fights will end up in this fashion. It's not fun to play, and probably not as fun to watch if the point of this tournament is to emulate a proper gvg tournament setting.
    I didn't know that.

But its not a reason to consider scrapping the idea this - is it?
  • My team would be down to do this. I think there is a better way to do it than how the scrim discord does it. Instead of doing 1350 average IP, I feel it would be better to do 1350 IP (or w/e the best number is) per item +/- 10 IP. It'd obviously not work with the scrim discord, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to do with something like this.
  • Bogul wrote:

Hello everyone!

We have had the 5vs5 Scrim System in the game for about a year now - but we have no proper league or tournaments that make use of this potentially awesome feature.

I decided I want to change this starting today.

So this is what I have in mind:
    1. After a public call for input and suggestions (this thread) in regards to how we should design the ruleset for the league, I will take it upon myself to help organize an Albion 5vs5 GvG Scrim League.
    2. Once we have agreed upon a ruleset and have enough teams who are interested in participating - I will try my best to make sure we keep it runing and have reasonable prize pools for the participating teams.
    3. To do this well, I need help! (If you want to get involved to organize this or sponsor prizes, please let me know and get in touch! (Bogul#6397)
    my preliminary ideas on how the league will be designed:
    • there will be two item tier divisions (6.1 / 8.1) (to make it simple)
    • each division will consist of multiple groups with 5 teams per group (can we get 12 teams for 8.1 (3 groups) and 20 teams (5 groups) for 6.1? = 160 players?)
    • one season will last one month ; after a season concludes, teams are promoted or demoted to the next highest or next lowest group depending on their results ; this means that the teams would have about one week to arrange a time and complete their match against their opponent
    • there is no limit of teams per guild that can sign up, but we still have to find a compromise in regards to what a team is and if players can be switched or stand in
    • prize pools will be based on sponsorships and signup fees that 100% go towards the prize pools
      • (does 250k per player for the 6.1 division and 1m per player for the 8.1 division seem reasonable?)
      • i'm thinking that #1 of the group gets the signup fee x3 back and #2 gets the signup fee x1 back ; with additional prizes for the top leagues
    • matches are best of 3
    • one player per team must be able to record the match, so we can show it on the official twitch stream (AlbionTV), i'm pretty sure @Shozen, @lewpac22 and @Tazzik would love to showcase these
    If you have suggestions, ideas, comments or are interested in becoming a prize pool sponsor (to plug your guild or business), get in touch and respond to this thread :)

SIGNUPS FOR TEAMS WILL PROBABLY OPEN IN 1-2 WEEKS FROM THIS POST
    Now this makes me mad XD.... Bogul I've also been working on this as well for about 2 months now. I'll contact you in discord about it but you're on the right track, just some of this I've already figured out :) tried contacting Evoque abt it but never got a reply :(
    • I've updated the OP a little bit - and it looks like this will be an item power capped league as it is the most requested input so far. (what is a good value there?)
    • I've also been approached by a lot of people who want to help and sponsor the league! This is awesome. (We have about 100 million silver in sponsorship offers so far.)
    • Keep the ideas and feeback coming! I'll hopefully have more time over the weekend or during next week to work on a first draft of the ruleset.
    • I am also in favor of a short-form play-off for the initial seeding of the league.
    I also have a first suggestion on allowed item rules (please give feedback):
    • item power cap goal : 1060 (6.2 normal & royal items ; 6.1 rune artifact items ; 6.0 soul artifact items ; 5.0 relic artifact items ; 6.2 capes)
    • .0 & potions food (looking for input)
    • is that too low and opens all possible skills (it should - right)?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bogul ().

• There would be more newer teams that would join this cause they need the experience. This is really good cause it would be a cheap way to get experience (i guess like scrims) and possibly more playtime with people at your skill level. Good initiative. All the best, I would be joining it most probably too, If I have the time.

You would need to cap at 6.1 or 7.1(+ 100spec) or 8.1 something at 0 spec?, cause scrims offer the same thing at 8.1(+400spec) level, except the money.
    6.1(+100spec) scrims are not encoraged in the scrim discord by default. And going 6.1(+100spec) with 4.1/4.2 Cape would make more players apply cause more players are eligible.

Bogul wrote:

but we still have to find a compromise in regards to what a team is and if players can be switched or stand in
    I would suggest at least if the prize pool is pretty high, players in same guild should not be able to be switched around.
    One player should be only allowed to play for one team. Then teams should be able to add subs at anytime (and a sub also cannot sub for any other team), with a minimum requiremtnt of 2-3 main player in the team that need to be present when playing league matches, otherwise they are not eligible to play that particular week.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wargorth ().

• I don’t think we can enforce any sort of IP average other than gear, that’s why I was going for a lower level.

400 spec is an inherent advantage that the scrim system doesn’t allow to mitigate ; so I think we just have to deal with the fact that the high spec teams will play in the higher groups?

I have had two comments saying 1060 IP is too low and would cause the games to be played differently than they would in GvGs.

Anyone have other IP average suggestions ?
  • Actually yeah. What you really need to look at, for a cap, is just the AVG IP.

400 spec adds to the a higher AVG IP. So it is not a inherent advantage if everyone has the same IP. The thing is most people do not have 400 spec or 8.2 gear to compensate of lesser spec.
    So they just play 1300 vs 1350 AVG IP scrims with 50+- IP disadvantage.

1060 AVG IP is pretty low yeah. Also AVG IP is affected by the cape. So when making an IP cap, you want to specify the minimum tier of cape required. I would suggest this to be 4.1 or 4.2. Any higher just makes it more expensive, leaving out the regular players that does not want to spend a couple 'Million' just on faction capes.

My suggestion would be either 1195 AVG IP (with 4.1 cape) or 1215 AVG IP with (with 4.2 cape) which would be 6.1 gear for people with +300IP (400 spec) and 7.1 or 8.1 gear for people with lower spec.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Wargorth ().

• Bogul wrote:

I don’t think we can enforce any sort of IP average other than gear, that’s why I was going for a lower level.

400 spec is an inherent advantage that the scrim system doesn’t allow to mitigate ; so I think we just have to deal with the fact that the high spec teams will play in the higher groups?

I have had two comments saying 1060 IP is too low and would cause the games to be played differently than they would in GvGs.

Anyone have other IP average suggestions ?
    If you decide to go higher than 1060 IP ypu will lock our a lot of the newer players who started within the last weeks, and months. I know its hard to imagine for many of the veterans that for a lot of people its a big struggle to obtain even 1000 IP. I really dont see the problem that max speced ppl put on 4.1 gear and join the 1000 IP battle. There could be a higher bracket where ppl show of and bring their 8.2 gear but whats the effect? it plays exactly as 4.1 if the players all have about same IP. So if I was allowed to suggest one thing... Dont underestimate the barriers that a high IP would rbing for newish players. The veterans tend to ignore that and brush it of like "oh its so cheap to buy one 8.1 set and you dont loose it...". It will for sure intimidate a lot of newer players.