Cannot GvG x days after joining a guild alliance.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot GvG x days after joining a guild alliance.

Title says it all really.

The reasoning is due to the fact that the gvg's in Anglia are mostly being played by tomed up alts from Mercia (looking at you TBI), giving newer teams and guilds a massive disadvantage. They are paying GVGers x amount of silver to merc for them at crucial territories. If you do the actual math, 76% of my team's gvg's have been played against Mercia alts which defeats the whole purpose of Anglia as the "starter black zone".

Ps I'm not salty that we lost, I'm just pointing at the fact that it defeats the purpose of differentiating the black zones.
    • The current two main mercia teams are Sohrab's and Cargera's neither of which merc for TBI afaik. That said, having a cooldown period after joining an alliance/guild before you can GvG probably isn't a bad system if you want to discourage mercing fights. Downside to that though is the guild doing the attack/defense could just temporarily join the merc alliance
    • Desriel wrote:

The current two main mercia teams are Sohrab's and Cargera's neither of which merc for TBI afaik. That said, having a cooldown period after joining an alliance/guild before you can GvG probably isn't a bad system if you want to discourage mercing fights. Downside to that though is the guild doing the attack/defense could just temporarily join the merc alliance
      Hmmm fair, I just recognize the names from the beta days. Maybe a cool down period for joining alliances as well. Like let's say you can't gvg a month after joining a guild and you can't join another alliance a month after you left one. Something like that. I don't think it will ever happen, but it's an interesting concept that will solidify the intention behind splitting the continents.

Ps thanks for being constructive. Having a discussion like this was kind of the point of my post.
    • None of the players in TBI are currently confirmed to be mercia competitive. TBI is a training ground for teams /gvgers to grow, improve, test setups. If you think that having a mixup of newer players and experianced players alike in a big pool of GvGers is a bad thing for "new teams" then you are delusional. If you really wanted to to make a team / gvg actively and have a good winrate, you would already be part of some gvger circle of friends / play in a team that can win, or atleast try to win. The "mercs" TBI has been getting are either players who are not strong enough to play outside anglia OR players who are not yet approved to be good enough to play even in anglia. Theres absolutely no big deal with TBI doing what it is doing atm. You can complain about alot of teams who seem to be strong and just sit in anglia forever, why is TBI your focus here? Articulo mortis could fight cumbria, so could phrasing ( they do actually), so could 1-2 of the ego teams ( maybe). At the end of the day you are just mad that you cant beat the current landowners cause you cant get a piece of the land. You can join ANY alliance and cooperate with them in pushing, if you are good enough you will be considered for gvgs, if you arent, then you wont get any terries alone either.
    • MSSJ wrote:

None of the players in TBI are currently confirmed to be mercia competitive. TBI is a training ground for teams /gvgers to grow, improve, test setups. If you think that having a mixup of newer players and experianced players alike in a big pool of GvGers is a bad thing for "new teams" then you are delusional. If you really wanted to to make a team / gvg actively and have a good winrate, you would already be part of some gvger circle of friends / play in a team that can win, or atleast try to win. The "mercs" TBI has been getting are either players who are not strong enough to play outside anglia OR players who are not yet approved to be good enough to play even in anglia. Theres absolutely no big deal with TBI doing what it is doing atm. You can complain about alot of teams who seem to be strong and just sit in anglia forever, why is TBI your focus here? Articulo mortis could fight cumbria, so could phrasing ( they do actually), so could 1-2 of the ego teams ( maybe). At the end of the day you are just mad that you cant beat the current landowners cause you cant get a piece of the land. You can join ANY alliance and cooperate with them in pushing, if you are good enough you will be considered for gvgs, if you arent, then you wont get any terries alone either.
      I mean if you think that paying people silver to fight your battles for you "is a training ground for teams /gvgers to grow, improve,test setups." then by all means. It's funny how some of the guys we fought against went back to their respective guilds after a day in TBI. If you're that scared of the Anglia teams that you have to pay people to fight for you then justify it by saying "it's a training ground blah blah blah" then yea, we're not "good enough" :whistling: .
    • They already introduced guild locks to combat mercing, adding another mechanic on top of that is a bit much. Besides that in my opinion mercing is a valid strategy to be used by guilds that don't have the teams but do have the money. And there are no mercia alts in anglia, just because it is someone you recognize to having a lot of gvgs under their name doesn't mean they are mercia players.
    • MSSJ wrote:

None of the players in TBI are currently confirmed to be mercia competitive. TBI is a training ground for teams /gvgers to grow, improve, test setups. If you think that having a mixup of newer players and experianced players alike in a big pool of GvGers is a bad thing for "new teams" then you are delusional. If you really wanted to to make a team / gvg actively and have a good winrate, you would already be part of some gvger circle of friends / play in a team that can win, or atleast try to win. The "mercs" TBI has been getting are either players who are not strong enough to play outside anglia OR players who are not yet approved to be good enough to play even in anglia. Theres absolutely no big deal with TBI doing what it is doing atm. You can complain about alot of teams who seem to be strong and just sit in anglia forever, why is TBI your focus here? Articulo mortis could fight cumbria, so could phrasing ( they do actually), so could 1-2 of the ego teams ( maybe). At the end of the day you are just mad that you cant beat the current landowners cause you cant get a piece of the land. You can join ANY alliance and cooperate with them in pushing, if you are good enough you will be considered for gvgs, if you arent, then you wont get any terries alone either.
      Didn't you gvg in Mercia dude? I saw some guys from 1pg as well, isn't that a Mercia guild or are they Cumbria based? If that's the case then my mistake. There was also a guy from BB (I know they're Cumbria based). The point is not to name and shame individual players so I'm not going to do that. The point of my post was a suggestion to the devs to look at the impact of alliances that prefer paying players that should clearly not be in Anglia to fight for them, not for TBI to try and justify why they need to pay people to fight for them. We get it, you can't carry yourselves so someone else has to do it for you :thumbsup: . Thanks Evas for cleaning the salt!

Edit: One of the dudes literally said "Sorry for the merc" after the last gvg. My point is, my guild has the resources/manpower/territories to keep fighting, but a newish guild that are just established enough to try and contend for a blackzone territory will not be able to compete. It will be borderline impossible for them. So what's the point of differentiating the blackzones, ip cap's etc if mercs make the concept behind them null and void.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Plague-Doctor ().

• I can only speak for Bridgelock and nobody is getting paid silver to GvG. If you merc for Bridgelock you get your sets supplied or replaced and you typically keep the looted gear based on your role or however it is decided between the team. Mercs are generally friends of Bridgelock members looking for content and there's always plenty of content in west Anglia.

You act as though entire teams are sought out and bought to GvG when in reality mercs get sprinkled in to a GvG based on the need for a unfulfilled role. Furthermore you obviously don't entertain the idea of full members of Bridgelock having alt characters themselves that GvG so maybe, just maybe... there isn't any mercs at all on the team you're fighting against?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bohab ().

• Bohab wrote:

I can only speak for Bridgelock and nobody is getting paid silver to GvG. If you merc for Bridgelock you get your sets supplied or replaced and you typically keep the looted gear based on your role or however it is decided between the team. Mercs are generally friends of Bridgelock members looking for content and there's always plenty of content in west Anglia.

You act as though entire teams are sought out and bought to GvG when in reality mercs get sprinkled in to a GvG based on the need for a unfulfilled role. Furthermore you obviously don't entertain the idea of full members of Bridgelock having alt characters themselves that GvG so maybe, just maybe... there isn't any mercs at all on the team you're fighting against?
      :whistling:

i.imgur.com/kE51MTq.png
    • Plague-Doctor wrote:

Bohab wrote:

I can only speak for Bridgelock and nobody is getting paid silver to GvG. If you merc for Bridgelock you get your sets supplied or replaced and you typically keep the looted gear based on your role or however it is decided between the team. Mercs are generally friends of Bridgelock members looking for content and there's always plenty of content in west Anglia.

:whistling:
      i.imgur.com/kE51MTq.png
      I was referring to the broader context that most of the teams you will fight may not have any mercs at all. I don't deny that there are occasional mercs as I detailed in my post. You're making a claim that all TBI guilds seek out and pay entire merc teams to defend and expand our domain when that is completely false. Anyhow, best of luck with your guild and congrats with your win rate, it really shows.