Gold Price/DDoS

    • Gold Price/DDoS

      With the recent inflation of Gold prices and the current state of the game I honestly think you should put the market on pause and reroll things back to when it was stable, there's so much manipulation going on here that it's alarming. There are so many players who have no understanding on what's actually happening and no one who does is saying anything.

      As i say this i speak unbiased because it doesn't affect me, but to see how grim the future looks like for current and incoming players leaves me uneasy so i had to say something about it...
      IGN: MZX
      Twitch.TV/MasterZedX
      Creator of Godspear builds
    • MasterZedX wrote:

      With the recent inflation of Gold prices and the current state of the game I honestly think you should put the market on pause and reroll things back to when it was stable, there's so much manipulation going on here that it's alarming.
      What kind of "manipulation" is going on? I mean do you care to elaborate when throwing out an accusation of such magnitude?

      Aside from usual "market trade" I don't see anything happening. Gold market trade in and of itself is based on "speculations" and a little bit of manipulation (but not much, really), its part of the system and has been here for over 2 years, since the game launched. Nothing new here.

      MasterZedX wrote:

      There are so many players who have no understanding on what's actually happening and no one who does is saying anything.
      Well, what is happening? Care to elaborate?

      MasterZedX wrote:

      but to see how grim the future looks like for current and incoming players leaves me uneasy so i had to say something about it...
      yeah, except you've said nothing worthwhile except throw out some base-less accusations without any proof. Do you think you will be taken seriously?

      Witiza wrote:

      What does gold price have to do with DDoS?
      Nothing. That's the whole point.

      MasterZedX wrote:

      Lol for one the game has been in an unplayable state that it isn't in fair game for others to keep up with the market. Two, everytime there's a lag spike due to "DDoS" the gold prices go up, pay attention.
      On the contrary - the only sensible things to do right now is to trade the market, because any "combat" related activities will be affected by lag (both PVP and PVE). All I've been doing for the past 4+ day is trading the BM + AH. Because both BM + AH cannot be affected by lag, as things are not happening in real time. Most likely some people are also trading the Gold market - and the fluctuations you are seeing is just that.

      Gold prices are going up cuz its the end of the month. Premium is due soon (on every 10th of the month - for new F2P players, FYI). When Oberon hit (but right before F2P), I called gold surpassing 2000 by mid May. I missed my mark by a bit, but its getting there (actually at 2100 already).

      Humans are known for seeking out "patterns" and attributing various theories to these patterns. That's how superstition and religion came about...

      Theat wrote:

      Gold prices have gone up because they banned a bunch of gold-farmers, who then DDOS the server to retaliate.
      "Gold farmers" - is someone who farms USD and then buys Gold by swiping their Credit Cards? Since Gold can only be purchased with Credit Cards (that's the only way to "create" Gold), I think your terminology is incorrect - even though I get what you're trying to say.

      What you are trying to say is that they banned a bunch of Gold RMT sellers, who would be actually "silver farmers". Thats what you meant - right? They farm silver ingame, then sell it IRL as either Gold or Silver (actually does not matter if they sell it as gold or silver... easier to sell as silver anyway).

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Captainrussia ().

    • I have to agree with Royal Ahole.

      • F2P has a bunch of people buying premium with silver instead of $$. If they were willing to pay, they would have been playing before F2P. (increasing demand)
      • The DDoS has lowered player morale to the point people are buying less gold. (restricting supply)


      As usual, the man who hates me is incorrect.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506
    • MasterZedX wrote:

      I don't give a fuck what you lame ass fanboys invading my thread think, I want a dev to respond with some actual answers, i swear yall think you matter to me. You don't.
      If you didn't care, you'd ignore me. The fact you respond every time means the opposite of your statement. ;)

      Its just some light hearted trolling tho. I enjoy it.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506
    • RoyalAhole wrote:

      PenguinSniper wrote:

      RoyalAhole wrote:

      The prices are going up cuz no one's buying gold with real money, can you blame them? The game is in a piss poor state.

      Yes Bob, that's enough to cover the premium of a grand total of...4 people.Now we just need a couple more thousands of people to buy some gold.
      what's your point?


      you said "no-one's buying gold"


      i only posted that to show that isn't correct.


      now you want to change the meaning behind your words to "not many people".


      YOU SAID NO ONE


      Your criticism of 'how little gold I bought' completely misses the ****ing point. lmfao




      BY THE WAY


      WHAT A ****ING IDIOT


      I know you will try to wriggle out of the error, but i'm not gonna let you.


      Try editing your post to correct it



      You might have bought twenty million gold


      but people who have less than you are using what they can get to help others out


      and what do you do?


      criticise them for not having as much as you


      ****ing clown.

      You said that 'no one's buying gold'


      that means you didn't buy any


      if you did then you would have been wrong instantly. ffs


      and you're there complaining that not enough players are buying gold

      when you didn't buy any


      you ****ing hypocrite


      "I didn't buy enough gold to impress you"


      go and buy some yourself and help new players while you're at it.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

      The post was edited 7 times, last by PenguinSniper: correcting typos. ().

    • As Albion is player driven economy game I don't think there is reason for rollback at all.
      New players have to understand the basics and it's normal that they have no clue
      what's going on in market. Everyone, including you had to learn it at some point.

      About the gold price now. I'm honestly worried how much silver we will have to spend
      for premium, as it's climb fluctuating is so fast, but we will have to deal with it for sure.

      BUT

      Supporting Albion Online with real money is one of the best ways, how to keep the game stable.
      I'm not saying you have to pay with real money for something you don't really need to, but
      if you WANT I would consider doing so.

      Also this problem has nothing to do with DDOS at all. I was thinking that too to be honest with you.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ZayYadi ().

    • The only reasonable thing to do is have a discussion about what we can all do to get MZX what he wants. I'll keep track of the ideas. Everyone else just start posting them. They don't have to be good or make any sense We are just trying to get those brain juices flowing.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Captainrussia wrote:


      Humans are known for seeking out "patterns" and attributing various theories to these patterns. That's how superstition and religion came about...
      You're absolutely right.

      Correlation =/= Causation

      Just because two events are occuring at the same time, does not mean they are caused by each other.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      Humans are known for seeking out "patterns" and attributing various theories to these patterns. That's how superstition and religion came about...
      You're absolutely right.
      Correlation =/= Causation

      Just because two events are occuring at the same time, does not mean they are caused by each other.
      For some people It is reason to think that they should be compensated or something like that. That's adorable and funny.
    • ZayYadi wrote:

      PenguinSniper wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      Humans are known for seeking out "patterns" and attributing various theories to these patterns. That's how superstition and religion came about...
      You're absolutely right.Correlation =/= Causation

      Just because two events are occuring at the same time, does not mean they are caused by each other.
      For some people It is reason to think that they should be compensated or something like that. That's adorable and funny.

      Heh.

      Let's put it this way, I would rather just see the devs get the server issues resolved than be compensated.

      Realistically I wouldn't want the devs to go out of business by trying to compensate the players, and lose such a good mmo.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020