Update on ongoing connection/latency issues resulting from DDOS

• I'm moving south to Melbourne next week, in 8 days exactly. If the lag is still present I'm done.
    I enjoy the game but I dont enjoy being stopped every 5 minutes with a huge risk of being murdered by npcs and gankers close to server location who dont feel the sting as badly as we do.

I've read that the DDOS attacks in the past lasted 2 months. The game will flat out be dead if this rings true again. Today was a strange experience in some zones. No one around when they'd normally be jam packed. Still, the game froze every 5 minutes.
  • Moonlightx9 wrote:

Please consider an eu server;
    Or at least make it that in : -EU time > EU server
    -NA time > NA server
    Something like this. The servers are down for maintenance every day anyway (which has not been common for MMOs I've played in the last 10 years or so anymore).
    In this day and age it feels really silly to have to play on 140 ping average with a 100k fiber connection, when I had a better ping in 2005 playing Guild Wars with a 3k copper connection..
  • HotsNDots wrote:

Game was the worst today it has ever been. All zones are barren or people daring t4 only.

You know, we don't come here to bitch you at for the sake of bitching, we love the game and want to see it do well. This is going to hurt so bad in the long run.

FULL STOP - something needs to happen now. today. right now.

Pick one.
    Stop banning goldsellers. Hike the price of premium and stop selling gold. Cave in to their demands. Let them sell gold but always match them so you both get profit. throw them a bone to live. do a hard server reset while switching to new providers DO SOMETHING

They won. they 100% won. Check steam charts. look at the morale in any guild. they fucking won, now cave and let us play again. if your cheapest gold package is 4.95 offer to let them always sell but take a cut / always let them undercut you slightly/ make some kind of deal with them/ DO FUCKING SOMETHING

Pick SOMTHING ABOVE BUT DO SOMETHING ASAP TO SAVE YOUR GAME, people's attention is too fickle to let this go any longer without you suffering serious damage. You might as well hard reset and relaunch with much better servers and protection to regain hype because you are in serious trouble
    You know what, um..

Thank you, for demonstrating such an astounding display of 'lack of thought'.

I mean, it's absolutely brilliant.

Maybe this could be the script for some kind of comedy. You could even be the star.

I wuld be willing to go without my legit gold for a day so that I could watch the play of this.

It would be extremely entertaining for you to perform this at the theatre once a year or something like that, maybe you could have Mr Blobby play the villian role.

This is absolutely incredible.

Thank you for your ridiculous contribution.
    » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
  • You guys really need to put a compensantion for this.

For example:

- Fame, silver, drop rate, gathering and fame gahering rate all up for X% for Y period.

**Please don't give us just a beautiful mount or a visual item, furniture for example. That will be just a waste of time.

I had other experience with other MMO's, and they always had in their minds that time is the most valueable resource of gamers, so in order to "compensante" this, % tomes were given and other stuff to "pump" our online in game time.

Have a nice day.

Reagrds,

Gabriel
  • SirAchtung wrote:

move servers to EU zone and 80 % of community ( EU zone peoples) will bless u.
    Who says 80% of this community is from EU?, your entire guild may be from EU, but there are lots of full guilds from NA, SA, OC. Not everything comes from the EU. Stop crying like a baby to move the servers and face the problem like everyone is dealing.
    Gamer since 2000, Country champion on Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament. Community manager of Pitbull$ Gaming, ClanCO.
  • I'm also for EU servers. Most Game servers are already in EU and there's a reason. The legal framework, quality of service and population wise it's always a good bet. Hoping for a fast recovery because playerbase is already decreasing even though it's a small amount. We don't know what will happen a month ahead if the problems keep persisting.
  • SeayCyp wrote:

I'm also for EU servers. Most Game servers are already in EU and there's a reason. The legal framework, quality of service and population wise it's always a good bet. Hoping for a fast recovery because playerbase is already decreasing even though it's a small amount. We don't know what will happen a month ahead if the problems keep persisting.
    Yeah most Gamer Servers are also in Brazli, China, even in South Africa. It's how it's done nowadays kid. Stop crying in this posts, EU are the only ones crying and bitching about this server migration thing, just stop it.
    Gamer since 2000, Country champion on Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament. Community manager of Pitbull$ Gaming, ClanCO.
  • Devs, if you have to change partners and move the servers, do it now. If you're going to have the server downed for a coupple of days is better to do it now . If you wait another month of DDOS and then take it down you're going to lose all the players you won with the FTP release. It's sad to look at my guild discord (TOP10) and see half of the people there used to be 10 days ago.

Cut your loses now and move the servers to a company with better infraestructore to withstand DDOS attacks.
  • They used to have the servers split up between EU and US...

Some specific zones were EU bound and the others were US which didn't work because people who controlled EU bounded zones who were in the EU had advantages over US and vise versa.. and before this I believe the servers were based in the EU completely but that didn't work because poor infrastructure or something can't remember why exactly they moved it to the US but they did and I don't see how moving it back would be any different than it was last time.

I see people always complaining about moving the servers to EU but problem with that is it's just gonna turn around and be the exact same for everyone over in the US, Canada and Mexico etc.. and South America as well.. lotta people gonna complain and bitch about how the servers were moved and want them moved back to the US where they are at now etc.. there's no winning for everyone here.. also you have to think SBI is a business and they're in it for the money so making everything fair for both US and EU is kinda required otherwise they completely screw people on the far west coast of America, Canada and South America as well as Hawaii and New Zealand/Australia especially since they already get high ping.

I've stated in past threads/posts of mine that the pings are very comparable... My old thread

There's no reason to move the servers.. if you happen to be in one of the areas that get high ping well sorry?.. SBI isn't gonna move the servers closer so it highly favors 1 region more than others because then it's unfair and the way the servers are currently are pretty fair for the most part..
  • @Eltharyon If the problem is the hosting servers why not move the infrastructure to GCP(google cloud platform)? there are huge games like Apex Legends, The Division 2 and many others that use GCP for their hosting needs
    I have worked as a cloud architect for a few months and although I can't imagine the complexity of albion, I know that GCP is one of the top services worldwide when it comes to server hosting. In my opinion it will improve latency significantly and in terms of security and DDoS protection beating google is not an easy task, besides that there are many other advantages like scalability for example. Now regarding costs, although i believe GCP is relatively cheap, I have no idea of the size of the traffic of Albion so i won't give my opinion there.

The post was edited 2 times, last by darkarasu ().

• Paulii wrote:

I really don't need any compensation. What i really need is to be able to play albion. Or i have to put all my money into beer and weed again, you can't want that.
    There are many forms compensation can take. I am willing to wait and see what the devs decide would be an appropriate way to compensate the players.

But this is the type of problem that is undeniable:

I wanted to go gather, but some of my gear needing repairing. The cost was 40k silver, and I only had 20k on me so I gathered with less than 100% durability gear.

The server disconnected while i was fighting a monster (as 50% of them are aggro and standing next to nodes).

I closed the client and re-logged back in.

Every time that happens, all my gear loses 10% durability.

By the time I got back to the repair station, my repair cost is 139k.

Remember, the purpose of going to gather was to pay a 40k repair cost.

» ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().