Update on ongoing connection/latency issues resulting from DDOS

• Qolkkalom wrote:

So you nagated urself. U suggest giving some premiums and yet speaking that give aways are bad because it generate lose of income which is important to make some investment for protection and reestablish things xD
    Im unable to say, which type of recompensation would be pleased by many, and yet didnt bring financial lose for SBI.
    It will be cool if SBI find out by them self what should be done in good way.
    Finally, If DDoS attackers would be in charge, under hummer of justice, then from thier pocket could be sponsored some recompensation for that - but it is so "if".
    I do understand exactly the paradox you're seeing in my ideas as it relates to compensation. HOWEVER, if a broad stroke of compensation is given out unintelligently, then one can imagine DDOSes being used on a vast scale against the videogame industry to dole out compensation. You do not want this to be repeated.

Now, why do I still recommend some sort of compensation, given this has already been proposed by Devs?

Great question, because 1) a company cannot be faulted for compensating customers that were victimized as a result. AKA, the DDOS assault trickled down from the attack on the company, to the consumer. 2) The methodology I proposed makes it very easy to document the abuse with *times and dates*, to then be presented to a grand jury. This circumstance could also help set precedent in court when the perpetrators of this DDOS are prosecuted in the court of law. They would be held liable for the financial losses & damages that incurred not only to the company & service provider, but the disruption caused to the consumer as well. The compensation would be an important factor in detailing the events & substantial harm that resulted from them.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Torsitch: Spelling error corrected. ().

• Hi Team!

Its been quite a long time now and no improvements. I appreciate your update but it leaves many of us with a decision to make.

I do not speak for everyone but I will speak for me, an Australian player. When the working day is done us Aussies get home about 6-7pm depending on location. Then its dinner, see the kids if you have them, spend a bit of time with your partner if you have one and then all of a sudden the servers are down at 8pm our time and not back sometimes until 9pm. After the reset the game is massively populated with European players I believe and this continues late into the night until American players hop online.

So our time to play is limited as it is. Add on the fact we here in Australia and New Zealand play with a minimum of 200-270 ping without the DDOS and we have a problem. 200 ping without the DDOS is ok. We are used to it after years of playing games at that ping but the DDOS causing us to spike to 400 ping every 5 minutes has rendered your game unplayable for us. I do not know our population on your servers and whether its significant enough to even bat an eyelid at but when the lag spikes hit all your South American and Oceanic players are ag a major disadvantage to the American and SOME European gankers. The lag last for about 20 seconds which means if you are engaged in PVE combat you may be knocked down or if not, you're frozen in a dangerous area where some players who dont get the ping as bad have a free kill.

Do we shelf the game until the servers are fixed? I think I'm going to do that because I do not want to be getting wound up and angry over something that isnt in your direct control - however we need more transparency. Daily updates, no matter how small. And estimate timeframes to gain stability?

You could even implement reduced repair costs due to the problems, give us a smaller log out widow to avoid dying to lag. You cant log out in combat so gankers dont cry.

I love the game I've never been this captured before, perhaps maybe by WoW in its earlier days, and I want to keep getting better but if this is a problem that will keep repeating itself, as other have stated it has happened at launch, then in the long run it wont be worth the frustration of trying to compete with players and the lag.
  • So shortly: compenstation should be sponsored by those who are responsible for that attack.

SBI clearly is deffender, as young company, without much experience, we cant look on them like on those company which in current circumstances are successful - yet!
    Attacker made majority of players to suffer in many way caused by his/her action.

Samashaus wrote:

Hi Team!

(...)
    You must decide that or You speak only about urself, or about others too... Because You clarified that You will speak for urself, and lately started speaking about "this" what You said You wont speak.
    (Ivent read all ur wall of thinks, because at begining You started apearing as hipocrate - do You understand?)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• Qolkkalom wrote:

So shortly: compenstation should be sponsored by those who are responsible for that attack.

SBI clearly is deffender, as young company, without much experience, we cant look on them like on those company which in current circumstances are successful - yet!
    Attacker made majority of players to suffer in many way caused by his/her action.
    It's your right to adhere to a principle (or lacking principle) of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'd like to see a coherent legal argument from you that factors into how best to set up a case for prosecution to deter DDOS attacks on the videogame industry.

You really think a company should decide to be unaccountable to the consumer in a timely fashion? Either way, that accountability transfers to the perpetrators in a prosecution..

I can't teach you how to become circumspect overnight, though I respect your right to freely speak your opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Torsitch ().

• Is that what You think that I may think xD( in other words: it is in ur head, not mine)
    Ivent said sbi shouldnt compensate us, I said that they should but from pocket of attacker xD

Torsitch wrote:

(...)
    You really think a company should decide to be unaccountable to the consumer in a timely fashion?
    and how You did get there xD?

Dont go so much forward from the line, as we do represent same front :P

The post was edited 3 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• And you can call me a hypocrite but the lag is now intensifying and causing my experience to be unplayable. I assume you refer to my post the other day about the lag not being so bad?

Heads up buddy, it's gotten worse for me and my friends who play so imagine this, my opinion has changed. That can happen you know.
  • Samashaus wrote:

And you can call me a hypocrite but the lag is now intensifying and causing my experience to be unplayable. I assume you refer to my post the other day about the lag not being so bad?

Heads up buddy, it's gotten worse for me and my friends who play so imagine this, my opinion has changed. That can happen you know.
    If you are experienceing lag :D and need a fix :'D check out my new video uploaded 5minutes ago got 10+ in the bank ready to upload ^^
    youtube.com/watch?v=OKu5FPISVqY&feature=youtu.be WELCOME <3
  • Qolkkalom wrote:

Is that what You think that I may think xD( in other words: it is in ur head, not mine)
    Ivent said sbi shouldnt compensate us, I said that they should but from pocket of attacker xD

Torsitch wrote:

(...)You really think a company should decide to be unaccountable to the consumer in a timely fashion?
    and how You did get there xD?

Dont go so much forward from the line, as we do represent same front :P
    My arguments clearly went WAY over your head. If anybody is lacking comprehension here -- it's you. Cut the trolling, present yourself respectfully, and explain your thoughts coherently. Rather than engage in psychological projection by asserting myself and others in this thread are the ones lacking grey matter.

I didn't want to have to do this to you -- but in your post you said SBI was the defendant. In court, the party filing charges is the PLANTIFF. The DEFENDANT is the accused party, who is there to defend themselves against the accusation/s. This is because, going all the way back to Ancient Rome, the accused is assumed innocent until proven guilty. By calling SBI the "defendant," you caused the confusion.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Torsitch: Difference between Plantiff & Defendant ().

• If ppl just renewed their premium status... can they get a refund ? its unplayable right now (imo) with the massive rubber banding/lags and foremost the dc`s, i.e playing in a random group .. 1-3 dc`s in 5min and almost every time (!) it takes so long to reconnect that you are no longer in a group. wanted to upgrade again but not until this whacky behaviour is solved entirely :(
  • kastenfrosch wrote:

If ppl just renewed their premium status... can they get a refund ? its unplayable right now (imo) with the massive rubber banding/lags and foremost the dc`s, i.e playing in a random group .. 1-3 dc`s in 5min and almost every time (!) it takes so long to reconnect that you are no longer in a group. wanted to upgrade again but not until this whacky behaviour is solved entirely :(
    Don't worry they will be doing compensation once it's sorted for good these things happen
  • I'm glad your working on it. When this started I was in the BZ gathering, never had a problem of getting away, however I had gotten away but a lag spike happen and was sling-shoted twice and lost everything. You can imagine I was pissed not so much as losing the gathering gear but more so for the granite, fish and the bloodleter and horn I had with an enchantment and them both being the 3rd tier in quality. Needless to say I didn't play for about a day and a half or so, I won't go into the BZ (which is no fun) until this is resolved.

Please keep up the had work!
    I would also like to know when things have been resolved, so I can continue in the BZ.

Thanks,
    Jenovia aka Jakyra, Jenja and the real word Yvette!
  • Game was the worst today it has ever been. All zones are barren or people daring t4 only.

You know, we don't come here to bitch you at for the sake of bitching, we love the game and want to see it do well. This is going to hurt so bad in the long run.

FULL STOP - something needs to happen now. today. right now.

Pick one.
    Stop banning goldsellers. Hike the price of premium and stop selling gold. Cave in to their demands. Let them sell gold but always match them so you both get profit. throw them a bone to live. do a hard server reset while switching to new providers DO SOMETHING

They won. they 100% won. Check steam charts. look at the morale in any guild. they fucking won, now cave and let us play again. if your cheapest gold package is 4.95 offer to let them always sell but take a cut / always let them undercut you slightly/ make some kind of deal with them/ DO FUCKING SOMETHING

Pick SOMTHING ABOVE BUT DO SOMETHING ASAP TO SAVE YOUR GAME, people's attention is too fickle to let this go any longer without you suffering serious damage. You might as well hard reset and relaunch with much better servers and protection to regain hype because you are in serious trouble