Update on ongoing connection/latency issues resulting from DDOS

• Hello, first of all thank you for the open kind of information!

I am so free and express one or the other thoughts.
    First, I should say that my English is not good and I use Google translator !! I will post it in German and English with someone probably translate yourself if that is better.

1. To your search for new partners. I have a lot of Rust experience where there are also strong DDoS problems and the server hardware / connection is also very important! There, as well as all the big community server providers, I rely on www.ovh.de! The servers they offer and the service were great. I know the whole thing is a bit bigger with you but you also have quite different possibilities with those guys so you get a completely different service as well. No idea if that's for you.

2. Because of the performance. Could it be that pages such as www.albiononline2d.com draw heavily on the performance? There are similar pages in Path of Exile, and there used to be a lot of problems because of the many requests to the servers.
    If this is the case, would it be possible to create an external webservice that downloads the data once every 10 seconds (just an example) and then provides it? This would be if there are too many requests if the web service is running but these lags would not affect the game server anymore! But you would also have to block that such pages can even pull data so they use the web service. I think in PoE was solved at that time with a hash code and if the request of the data is not transmitted this the server responds as if it had never given the request.

Hallo, erstmal danke für die offene art der Information!

Ich bin mal so frei und äußere den einen oder anderen Gedanken.
    Als erstes sollte ich sagen das mein Englisch nicht gut ist und ich Google Übersetzer verwende!! Ich werde es in deutsch und englisch posten mit man vllt. selbst übersetzen kann wenn das besser ist.

1. Zu eurer Suche nach neuen Partnern. Ich hab sehr viel Rust erfahrung wo es auch starke DDoS Probleme gibt und die Server Hardware/Anbindung auch sehr wichtig ist! Dort hab ich mich, genauso wie alle großen Community Server Anbieter auch, auf www.ovh.de verlassen! Die Server die sie dort Anbieten und der Service waren der Hammer. Ich weiß das ganze ist bei euch etwas größer aber ihr habt da auch ganz andere Möglichkeiten mit dennen also bekommt ihr auch einen ganz anderen Service usw. Keine Ahnung ob das was für euch ist.

2. Wegen der Performance. Kann es sein das seiten wie albiononline2d.comwww.albiononline2d.com stark an der Performance ziehen? In Path of Exile gibt es ähnliche Seiten und früher gab es dort auch starke Probleme wegen den vielen Anfragen an die Server.
    Wenn das der fall sein sollte wäre es eine Möglichkeit einen externen webservice zu erstellen der die Daten einmal alle 10 Sekunden(nur ein beispiel) downloaded und diese dann bereit stellt? Dies würde wenn es zu viele Anfragen sind wenn dazu führen das der Webservice lagt aber diese lags würden den Gameserver nicht mehr beeinflussen! Dazu müsste man aber auch sperren das solche Seiten überhaupt daten ziehen können damit sie auch den webservice verwenden. Ich glaub in PoE wurde das damals gelöst mit einem hash code und wenn bei der Anfrage der Daten dieser nicht übermittelt wird reagiert der Server als hätte es die Anfrage nie gegeben.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zyrano ().

• Can you fix the problem soon ?

Most of members of my guild are already leaving, we want some effective progress on current issues.

Also, regarding Eu/NA cockfight going here. Most of population is from EU / RU, you should really consider what people are blabbing around here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tdi ().

• Thank you for the transparency.

I do hope you enage a multi vendor cloud solution.

Perhaps a test bed involving AWS, Azure and IBM Global for server clustering from at least 5 global regional NOCS/Cloud zones.

I would only hope that you bring in networking firepower to handle stuff.

I like Albion - but the last few days are basically unplayable.
  • Puppets wrote:

GeekyPirate wrote:

I know the development team is not the cause of these problems.
    So if the plumber doesn't repair the pipes and you have water in the house, isn't it his fault?

This scenario is more like there's 10,000 people outside your house who really don't like your plumber
    Then when you get home on an evening you can't actually get into your house to see if the plumbing works - So you blame the plumber rather than the 10,000 people.

And that kids is how you really stretch a plumber analogy.
  • ChristyCloud wrote:

Puppets wrote:

GeekyPirate wrote:

I know the development team is not the cause of these problems.
    So if the plumber doesn't repair the pipes and you have water in the house, isn't it his fault?
    This scenario is more like there's 10,000 people outside your house who really don't like your plumber
    Then when you get home on an evening you can't actually get into your house to see if the plumbing works - So you blame the plumber rather than the 10,000 people.

And that kids is how you really stretch a plumber analogy.
    At least someone makes a good metaphor that actually has something to do with the real situation
    ¡Santiago y cierra, España!
  • GODPURE wrote:

too bad you're not being DDOS'd... how about you quit lying now, thanks

also kinda confused how Robin still has a job at SBI... there should literally never be server issues, YOU LITERALLY RESET THE SERVERS DAILY *facepalm*
    all characters on all accounts should be given 6months-1year of premium for compensation
    Thanks for the laugh. Please continue with your day job. Server administration isn’t a good look on you.
  • There are many solutions we could debate it all day.

AWS / AZURE / Open Shift

As they already said its no mean feat.

It will take a good chunk of resource, time, testing to move over seemlessly and ensuring the CICD pipeline and test suite is robust enough.

I am just please to actually see that something is being done and steps are being taken in the right directions at least.

Compensation is ok and glad to see that is being looked into because like now. I just been downed.

If I was in BZ I could have lost gear which can be upsetting as people work hard to gather/make and those just to loose it because of elements out of their control.

I am confident now though that a good course of action will be taken