Update on ongoing connection/latency issues resulting from DDOS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well, long story short;

1. We'll continue to work on these issues with our current partners. (Nothing will be changed, It's partners problem)
    2. We're looking into how to best compensate all players for the ongoing disruptions of gameplay. Any compensation will be announced and handed out AFTER the issues are resolved, however - since we want to ensure we find an appropriate compensation for the time period in which the problems persisted. (In the later century.. promise)
    3. We're actively looking into hosting alternatives and other partners to better deal with these problems in the future. The difficulty we're facing here is that many hosting companies are not too concerned with short term disruptions (as they typically deal with websites that can easily function with temporary connection issues), and fail to understand how crucial a continuous network connection is for a game service as ours. The other challenge here is that moving the entire infrastructure to a different partner is no simple feat and it has to be done carefully and correctly. Despite this, we've already found some potential partners, but this is more of a mid-term solution. That said, the work we’re putting in now will help us to be better prepared for similar attacks in the future. (Don't count on this)

Really?

bospo.
  • Arqe wrote:

Move servers to eu seriously.Eu has better quality also it will be fair for everyone who plays albion.We are playing with 150+ ping.It will be 70 or less for us.And also for Na players it will be nearly same.Time to make real change.Its really annoying when na players playing with 20 ping and eu players playing with 150+.
    lol then what about oceanic players like myself? and NA players then? i already play with 200-250ms, thats on a good day when the servers aren't lagging. Then NA players will just have 150ms like you.
    EU is the worst choice possible, it would cut out a huuuge chunk of the population. They do NA servers because its central for the world to connect to. be happy with your 150 ping, you got it better than others.
  • Hello,

First of all, thank you for letting us know that the devs are aware of this. As for the latency and DDOS, would it be to difficult/pricey to host yourselves the server? I know it is not a subject to be discussed with the entire community so I'm not expecting an answer for this, but I know of other games that host their own games and with a spread on multiple continents the latency issues would most likely disappear.

With respect,
    Lion
  • RicFlairIsBack wrote:

DaLi wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

We're actively looking into hosting alternatives and other partners to better deal with these problems in the future.
    I really hope the new hosting is in Europe, and not like now.I hope for a speedy solution to this problem.
    not gonna happen. NA Servers for life ;)

Hiru wrote:

RicFlairIsBack wrote:

DaLi wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

We're actively looking into hosting alternatives and other partners to better deal with these problems in the future.
    I really hope the new hosting is in Europe, and not like now.I hope for a speedy solution to this problem.
    But EU servers are so much better quality wise.

RicFlairIsBack wrote:

Hiru wrote:

RicFlairIsBack wrote:

DaLi wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

But EU servers are so much better quality wise.

Arqe wrote:

Move servers to eu seriously.Eu has better quality also it will be fair for everyone who plays albion.We are playing with 150+ ping.It will be 70 or less for us.And also for Na players it will be nearly same.Time to make real change.Its really annoying when na players playing with 20 ping and eu players playing with 150+.
    no they don't have better quality. Fair for everyone? I play on the west coast USA and have high ping than some west coast europeans. fuck off. get real europoors
    just create 5 server and all stay better
    NA server
    EU server
    SA server
    others if need.

all will be happy with the latency.
  • Thank you for speaking with us about this... and for doing your best to fix it. I’m sure you are aware of the impact this issue it has on everybody so no need to say more than: the faster you deal with it, the better!

Albion is a very promising project and will be sad to see it go down or, more realistically, slowed down because of connectivity issues.

Thank you again for a wonderful Albion experience!
  • I don't know about others but I'm really upset for not being able to compete with other people, for not how Elsa says "Few days", but already more then two weeks. Instead of that you could just turn off the server and don't bait us to try to go to HG or do any PvP. I rather wait for a week without playing then waste my sets and silver for lag.
  • @Scorphan you never pay the random... They didn't crack the servers, they don't own the data, they don't have the data. They are only stressing the server. I gotta give them points for being very persistent, which is very very annoying, but paying the ransom, even if there is random, would the worst thing to do actually. They are black hat hackers, they are not trustworthy by principle.

Thanks for being transparent and I hope a solid solution will be put in place.