4 Million Silver lost... and what?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Qolkkalom wrote:

how it is happening that some groups are inflicted by lag, and some at the same time are not xD? Any rational thinks can be said about this?
    The route to the game server is different for each person. If the gankers want an advantage, they can attack other people's routes while leaving their own routes clear. That is assuming there is in fact ddos going on. Personally, I don't buy it. The cost of ddos is too high when measured by prison time. Some people believe they can't attack US (the country) and get away with it. Again I have trouble buying it.
  • I do agree with You, but lets just asume, for some ppl living in other country which could get away from consequences would like do this for profit by eg selling silver/gold for real money. It make more sense why do this attack, in some circumstances. But again - that must be well proven and investigated to make a statment that is all about attacks for making profits in not right way.
    Because there is nothing wrong to just kill character in game to have profit in currency in game, right xD?
    (All ppl have right to be looked as not guilty until transgression speculation arent proven)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qolkkalom ().

• marg93 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

Amon wrote:

amazint the lengths fanboism get to.

the servers are shit and they have to take full responsability. Its been unplayable for a week. stop posting bullshit stories that the only point ure trying to make is that u have a lot of silver.
    hey mate you know nothing about me and chosen to call me a fanboy because I've posted something positive in the light of this chaos.I dont think that means I'm a fan boy buddy. People need to stop generalising everyone into names because they dont agree with what they're saying.

I'm just posting my experience. I honestly dont blame anyone but the people orchestrating the traffic to come crash our server.

When I first started Albion I hated it because I came from WoW where there is no such thing as losing your gear unless you personally get rid of it in some way, and it was a big shock but the player driven economy kept me going and I learned.

Quit the name calling because I'm being positive and trying to stop people from being Neanderthals.
    Definitively you are a fanboy because you have 0 objectivity, you try to boycott / vilify the post objective and correct and above you try to impose a ridiculous standard for all

"I lost 4m and what"...

Not all play 12323 hours, nor have 34344545m silver, or gather, some do full pvp, full gvg etc ... where you need everything to go well, it is ONLY ONE GAME! YES, it's true, but what is the damn problem of making an OBJECTIVE criticism without the fanboys trying to boycott it?

So far I see posting fanboy things with 0 argument, 0 debate ... just "Albion is the best game in the world, leave it as they are, it's just a little lag"

By attitudes like that, society does not advance.
    Get a grip Marg93. I am not stopping society from advancing because I refuse to accept that the server stability is the fault of the developers at the moment.

My posts about this topic have been the same, just like yours are moaning and crying demanding justice. Mine are a bit more positive and encouraging people to keep trying and think of the good things.

Now who's the one with the "bad attitude".
  • Amon wrote:

No, ure not just being positive, ure telling everyone they are wrong when they have all the right to complain.

Im here since 2014, trust me when I say that I've seen this DDoS bs countless times and the reply is always the same.

As a company they have to take responsability and fix their servers. Thats all everyones saying.

Allowing ur game to be unplayable for a whole week is irresponsable.

If you're fine with the devs making a thread saying "oMGz wE beINg dDOs derp" and being complete silent and doing nothingabout it for the whole duration of it then thats up to u but dont tell ppl not to complain.
    Oh dear... I've struck a powerful chord with 3 of you here with this post.
    So if you've played since 2014 you should know the outcome of this when they sort it out? Right? Right? Going by what you're saying and what you're arguing about it tells me you dont know what I'm talking about. What happened upon server launch? And how did they rectify the issue after for the players?

Cry, call names, belittle me, tell me I'm wrong and that I'm just a fanboy. I don't care. I'll leave it here because I dont want to argue anymore as I will just be going round in circles - much like some of the comments made here :)

May the God of Server Stability grace us with his presence! :)
  • Samashaus wrote:

Amon wrote:

No, ure not just being positive, ure telling everyone they are wrong when they have all the right to complain.

Im here since 2014, trust me when I say that I've seen this DDoS bs countless times and the reply is always the same.

As a company they have to take responsability and fix their servers. Thats all everyones saying.

Allowing ur game to be unplayable for a whole week is irresponsable.

If you're fine with the devs making a thread saying "oMGz wE beINg dDOs derp" and being complete silent and doing nothingabout it for the whole duration of it then thats up to u but dont tell ppl not to complain.
    Oh dear... I've struck a powerful chord with 3 of you here with this post.So if you've played since 2014 you should know the outcome of this when they sort it out? Right? Right? Going by what you're saying and what you're arguing about it tells me you dont know what I'm talking about. What happened upon server launch? And how did they rectify the issue after for the players?

Cry, call names, belittle me, tell me I'm wrong and that I'm just a fanboy. I don't care. I'll leave it here because I dont want to argue anymore as I will just be going round in circles - much like some of the comments made here :)

May the God of Server Stability grace us with his presence! :)
    The outcome has always been the same. the servers magically get fixed when the population drops. and everytime the servers get a spike on players the servers go to shit again.

As you can see they didnt rectify anything since the server problems keep happing. I've never played a game where it gets ddosed every day for a whole week.

Not to mention there hasnt have been a real explanation or updates on the issue.
  • Amon wrote:

and everytime the servers get a spike on players the servers go to shit again.
    Not quite true. I came in on the f2p. No ddos whatsoever, only the login queues. After that I had no problems whatsoever.

Then, maybe last week, I noticed the game client doing updates. That made me very uneasy. There was nothing wrong with the game, why would they update it? After that, ddos swung into action. If I have to make a guess, it would be this: they hired extra servers to deal with f2p lunch. After that they switched back to the old servers where ddos is a constant theme since the beginning. The updates were to point the clients to the old servers.
  • Samashaus wrote:

Amon wrote:

*snip*

The thing you seem to be missing is that you need to get your head out of your own ass and look at the bigger picture.

In your original post, you managed to refer to either yourself or your own experience roughly 27 times in a 3 minutes read. You're so stuck up in your bubble that it's making you think people genuinely care about what happened to you yesterday. This whole ego-trip you went on, trying to camouflage it under the "bUt iT's a pOsItIvE mEsSaGe" meme just proves you're falling for the concept of toxic positivity and you should read up on it.

From an objective point of view, nobody is enjoying their time on an online game that is unstable to the point AO is right now. You can not stand there and tell the people this is an "enjoyable" experience. Stop trying to camouflage the bad side and accept it.

Oh and by the way :

Samashaus wrote:

Hey Amon you're forgetting that they reimbursed premium.

Now that folks, should stop all this.
    It's been close to 7 days of major instability and no statement has been made regarding a potential premium credit for premium owners. Support also confirmed me they yet have no compensation planned either.

Anyways, this was good bait.
  • KARMEK wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

Amon wrote:

*snip*
    The thing you seem to be missing is that you need to get your head out of your own ass and look at the bigger picture.

In your original post, you managed to refer to either yourself or your own experience roughly 27 times in a 3 minutes read. You're so stuck up in your bubble that it's making you think people genuinely care about what happened to you yesterday. This whole ego-trip you went on, trying to camouflage it under the "bUt iT's a pOsItIvE mEsSaGe" meme just proves you're falling for the concept of toxic positivity and you should read up on it.

From an objective point of view, nobody is enjoying their time on an online game that is unstable to the point AO is right now. You can not stand there and tell the people this is an "enjoyable" experience. Stop trying to camouflage the bad side and accept it.

Oh and by the way :

Samashaus wrote:

Hey Amon you're forgetting that they reimbursed premium.

Now that folks, should stop all this.
    It's been close to 7 days of major instability and no statement has been made regarding a potential premium credit for premium owners. Support also confirmed me they yet have no compensation planned either.
    Anyways, this was good bait.
    Aww did I trigger you a bit? ;)

Ah well. I'm ever so sorry. I'll pull my head out my ass to go make another couple million. It's such a sorry state of affairs though, my post is not what you call toxic positivity it's just people are too angry and consumed in hating the staff who operate this game to see anything good. Game is unplayable is it? I live in Australia with constant 250 ping yet strangely, I'm still doing stuff in game.

It is by no means an optimal experience and im not at all saying everything is just fine, I just shared an experience where the lag devastated me but then I just took it for what it was and carried on. If its ANY consolation to you at all my dear angry little friend, I havent touched risky content since the slaughter that took place within the 6.1 Map Dungeon and will not do so until we can be pretty sure the infrastructure doesnt collapse.

Soldier on folks, the servers may return to normal function soon!

P.s, if you want some money just ask me. Might take the edge off you for a bit, maybe.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Samashaus ().

• Samashaus wrote:

Dworf wrote:

marg93 wrote:

I mean under that logic ...
    if I have a lot of money and buy a new car, which comes with factory failure, I will not ask for a refund or compensation since I have a lot of money (?), I will simply buy another (?)
    hahahha is hilarious the logic that people want to impose, totally lacking in reason, lacking in objectivity
    well fucking said!!!
    You CAN GO OUT AND MAKE THISE MILLIONS BACK WITHIN THE DAY.

How many % of players can make millions in a single day ? Do you understand that MAJORITY of the players can't make even a million in 1 day. Selfish white knighting self-centered ass.
  • Heyayajajaja wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

Dworf wrote:

marg93 wrote:

I mean under that logic ...
    if I have a lot of money and buy a new car, which comes with factory failure, I will not ask for a refund or compensation since I have a lot of money (?), I will simply buy another (?)
    hahahha is hilarious the logic that people want to impose, totally lacking in reason, lacking in objectivity
    well fucking said!!!
    You CAN GO OUT AND MAKE THISE MILLIONS BACK WITHIN THE DAY.
    How many % of players can make millions in a single day ? Do you understand that MAJORITY of the players can't make even a million in 1 day. Selfish white knighting self-centered ass.

Why are you now calling me selfish? You guys are seriously going to run out of insults soon. I'm now and I quote a "self-centred, selfish, white-knighting, stuck up own ass fanboy who can't see the whole picture". Thanks you 4 special people, what a beautiful title!

LOL why? Because I said I had millions and didn't feel affected too badly by the DDOS attacks? Essentially you're all at my throat because I dare to oppose your opinion that SBI are the reason this is all happening? And because I said the millions I make offset my losses I'm stuck up my own ass and self-absorbed in a bubble I cannot see? I challenged a few of you and you go straight to personal insults.

I can understand if I had said something along the lines of "You're a toxic community who can't handle a bit of light heartedness. You're full of jealousy, bitterness and have the tall poppy syndrome, which here means a person who doesn't like seeing other people successful. You're all scrubs who can't make enough to support your losses and you demand compensation like a Karen who wants to see the manager" - if I had said that, I'd understand the hate but I didn't.