4 Million Silver lost... and what?

• 4 Million Silver lost... and what?

Just a quick story for everyone during this Dark, Difficult, Oppressive Situation.

Me and my guild decided to be brave and buy some .1 maps for a Tier 6. Its brave for us because the zone is super duper contested and as dumb luck provided, the dungeons spawned literally meters from the entrance to the Zone.

We hesitated before going in, knowing how dangerous it would be. We knew we had brought some fine gear with to help clear the dungeon quickly lest we might be noticed and dived. The nerves aside, we hopped in and literally mowed the place down. We got right to end and engaged one pack of mobs before the final boss and whack, as silent as a pack of farts 10 enemies came and absolutely destroyed us. We had no time to react it was all over in about 5 seconds.

Reeling. I was effing this and effing that. I came so close to table flipping. See I'd looted about 4 different Tier 6 pieces and a good million silver worth of other tut. My gear was the eye watering bill. A 6.3 Bow of Badon, 6.3 Mages Cowl, 6.3 Hunters Jacket and you guessed it, 6.3 Mercenary Boots.

Yes very badly over-equipped but I said earlier, we wanted it to be fast to avoid detection. The servers suffering so badly was causing mayhem throughout the dungeon anyway so we figured we might be okay due to the risks involved for diving parties if caught up in the lag. They were unaffected it seems. Odd.

Between me and my guild I think we lost about 13 million silver. 6 players. We lost heaps.
    However, in our anger we didnt turn to the developers of this game and cry out, I instead gave my team a stern silence and went and pummeled my duvet on my bed because, angers. I was seething angry. I dont believe any game in history has enraged me as much as what just happened.

Then a funny thing happened. I looked at my silver balance and stopped being angry. As much as the lag hurt us and delayed us in the dungeon (which will have allowed the divers time to catch up) and ultimately led to our deaths, it didnt matter one bit. Not really.

I'm a frickin millionaire baby! I devoted a lot of time into craft. 4 million? Yeet it off the edge of Browngrass Meadows cliffs, theres plenty more where that came from.
    All the gear I lost, which included my 6th Swiftclaw lost to date, was replaced in about 6 minutes.

TLDR: I got seriously angry for a brief spell due to the circumstances of our deaths - but quickly realised that it happens, I overreacted and continued on my merry way.

Dont blame the developers. I never did for a second because it's not in their control. However, set yourself up properly and the fact you lost so much means little to you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samashaus ().

• I mean under that logic ...
    if I have a lot of money and buy a new car, which comes with factory failure, I will not ask for a refund or compensation since I have a lot of money (?), I will simply buy another (?)
    hahahha is hilarious the logic that people want to impose, totally lacking in reason, lacking in objectivity
  • Samashaus wrote:

Dont blame the developers. I never did for a second because it's not in their control. However, set yourself up properly and the fact you lost so much means little to you.

They warned about the game lagging. i warned the player to take 1 week off. so far only 6 listen and they playing other games right now, one of them is playing dirty bomb with me...

but at the same time check this story out:

Live in a house. and get robbed.... time passes.. live in a house and get rob.........nvm he[the robber] got shut with a shotgun.... i learn my lesson the first time, so i prepare myself by buying a shutgun and claiming selfdefense when I fire it.......

SBI release day, had a bad low server and had to increase it but not to much..... they also got ddos..... ..

free to play, again low server vs high population, they increase it [not sure by how much].. they are getting ddos....

i don't know about you but if it happen before i sure would learn my lesson and see it coming again..... they saw it coming. they didnt do anything until it came ^,^....

either way nice story.. 10mil silver no worries. random dungeon time 1day to get that 10mill back...

since you were so generous to offer all of us a story.. i will offer you my story [unlike the one of the robber which is not my story]..

enjoy? XD
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • marg93 wrote:

I mean under that logic ...
    if I have a lot of money and buy a new car, which comes with factory failure, I will not ask for a refund or compensation since I have a lot of money (?), I will simply buy another (?)
    hahahha is hilarious the logic that people want to impose, totally lacking in reason, lacking in objectivity
    Arguing for your right can be a lot of work. No doubt it can be worth it. Alternatively you can walk away and forget it. No work, no unhappiness, and you move on for happier things. Of course this is not necessarily the best solution, nor is it necessarily not the best solution, but it is one of the solutions. I once walked away from someone not paying me 10k IRL money. I was not unhappy. Some you win, some you lose.
  • Dworf wrote:

marg93 wrote:

I mean under that logic ...
    well fucking said!!!
    Oh God you lot seriously. It was light hearted. Stop being so bloody bitter and twisted about everything.

I never said one size fits all. But this game IS NOT A CAR. You CAN GO OUT AND MAKE THISE MILLIONS BACK WITHIN THE DAY.

Stop with these stupid metaphors that have no relevance lol. Let go of your anger and play a new game until servers stabilise.
  • I played Ultima Online back in the late 90's on a 56k modem when the only "facet" that existed was Felucca.

If someone tried to call my house, I'd get D/C'd, lose everything because that was all black zone, all the time outside of city regions and that was just the way it f*cking went...

I thought Trammel was a good idea to expand the player base, but it was not good.

Felucca died. Within a year anything Fel-based, especially real estate, became almost worthless. Large scale GvG died, etc.

Stop getting so attached to the crap you carry around, and I know the OP wasn't complaining; but your character is either solid or it's not, and yeah dealing with the recent disco party is no fun but hey - it's all part of it and the whole thing is cyclical in nature - you will likely catch someone else suffering from lag at some point. It's indiscriminate at least.

The fun is in rebuilding.
    1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheArimatheus ().

• McDobs wrote:

Aight have you heard of "scouts" before? leave a guy naked on the door to notify you for inc... then you give him some compensation for their service ;)
    Why send scouts when you can send invisible assassins ahead of time with the bloodletter build?

I'm still in my build phase, but I've been looking at how y'all do this PvP thing in AO; but popping out of nowhere, striking hard, lowering their defense, ratcheting behind them and then poisoning them before you dash away, hop on the right mount, and disappear before your group's tank pummels your filthy newbie flesh into a pulp?

Hell yeah. I'll see y'all on the field in a week or two.
    1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• McDobs wrote:

Aight have you heard of "scouts" before? leave a guy naked on the door to notify you for inc... then you give him some compensation for their service ;)
    We won't ever be dived again due to this realisation :) only we have elaborated on the idea of a scout so we don't have to pay them. I actually mean it, we will not ever be dived again due to what we come up with and I'm sure MANY groups do something similar.
  • Even as far as fanboism (interesting word) goes, one should be super fan of their own time and pocket... so ye I like my time and my money more than this (or any) game... call me casual or just adult but I think this should get sorted out, or the servers should be tottally shut down for a day or two (yes this will drive many people away, and that is fine we don't need all these non-premium f2p people, no one does)
  • Amon wrote:

amazint the lengths fanboism get to.

the servers are shit and they have to take full responsability. Its been unplayable for a week. stop posting bullshit stories that the only point ure trying to make is that u have a lot of silver.
    hey mate you know nothing about me and chosen to call me a fanboy because I've posted something positive in the light of this chaos.

I dont think that means I'm a fan boy buddy. People need to stop generalising everyone into names because they dont agree with what they're saying.

I'm just posting my experience. I honestly dont blame anyone but the people orchestrating the traffic to come crash our server.

When I first started Albion I hated it because I came from WoW where there is no such thing as losing your gear unless you personally get rid of it in some way, and it was a big shock but the player driven economy kept me going and I learned.

Quit the name calling because I'm being positive and trying to stop people from being Neanderthals.
  • No, ure not just being positive, ure telling everyone they are wrong when they have all the right to complain.

Im here since 2014, trust me when I say that I've seen this DDoS bs countless times and the reply is always the same.

As a company they have to take responsability and fix their servers. Thats all everyones saying.

Allowing ur game to be unplayable for a whole week is irresponsable.

If you're fine with the devs making a thread saying "oMGz wE beINg dDOs derp" and being complete silent and doing nothingabout it for the whole duration of it then thats up to u but dont tell ppl not to complain.
  • Samashaus wrote:

Amon wrote:

amazint the lengths fanboism get to.

the servers are shit and they have to take full responsability. Its been unplayable for a week. stop posting bullshit stories that the only point ure trying to make is that u have a lot of silver.
    hey mate you know nothing about me and chosen to call me a fanboy because I've posted something positive in the light of this chaos.
    I dont think that means I'm a fan boy buddy. People need to stop generalising everyone into names because they dont agree with what they're saying.

I'm just posting my experience. I honestly dont blame anyone but the people orchestrating the traffic to come crash our server.

When I first started Albion I hated it because I came from WoW where there is no such thing as losing your gear unless you personally get rid of it in some way, and it was a big shock but the player driven economy kept me going and I learned.

Quit the name calling because I'm being positive and trying to stop people from being Neanderthals.

Definitively you are a fanboy because you have 0 objectivity, you try to boycott / vilify the post objective and correct and above you try to impose a ridiculous standard for all

"I lost 4m and what"...

Not all play 12323 hours, nor have 34344545m silver, or gather, some do full pvp, full gvg etc ... where you need everything to go well, it is ONLY ONE GAME! YES, it's true, but what is the damn problem of making an OBJECTIVE criticism without the fanboys trying to boycott it?

So far I see posting fanboy things with 0 argument, 0 debate ... just "Albion is the best game in the world, leave it as they are, it's just a little lag"

By attitudes like that, society does not advance.