I'm amazed with this "waste of premium days" argument.

• I'm amazed with this "waste of premium days" argument.

it's $10 a month.

That's barely over a quarter per day.

If you're that stressed out about server performance over a 3-7 day period, that amounts to less than $2.50 - might I suggest that you not spend time playing a video game if $0.33 per day puts you under undue financial hardship?

I get it that we're not all in America/first world countries, or there's younger folks that can't get a job, etc - but seriously folks - if you're that pissed off about this, life must be damned near impossible for you and it's no wonder you are so fanatical about video games.

Losing gear in the red/black zones due to a disconnect sucks, and that's a whole other argument, but bitching about ~$3.00 worth of premium makes you sound like a poor person.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• TheArimatheus wrote:

it's $10 a month.

That's barely over a quarter per day.

If you're that stressed out about server performance over a 3-7 day period, that amounts to less than $2.50 - might I suggest that you not spend time playing a video game if $0.33 per day puts you under undue financial hardship?

I get it that we're not all in America/first world countries, or there's younger folks that can't get a job, etc - but seriously folks - if you're that pissed off about this, life must be damned near impossible for you and it's no wonder you are so fanatical about video games.

Losing gear in the red/black zones due to a disconnect sucks, and that's a whole other argument, but bitching about ~$3.00 worth of premium makes you sound like a poor person
      And besides that, getting premium status is not too hard to achieve with silver, so it won't cost you a penny!
    • I'm from Brazil and the minimum wage here is 998 R$ (246 USD), if you wanna know this is not enough even for renting a "normal" house in a bad neighborhood, then you add some food for the month plus eletricity bill, (500 R$ minimum if you have a family).
      So yes, to avoid the cringe grinding 4kk silver, wasting 10 USD at a game per month it's really hard for some people, especially if you can't enjoy every single day of it, and when you have time to play the server is crashing all the time.
    • nickarl wrote:

I'm from Brazil and the minimum wage here is 998 R$ (246 USD), if you wanna know this is not enough even for renting a "normal" house in a bad neighborhood, then you add some food for the month plus eletricity bill, (500 R$ minimum if you have a family).
      So yes, to avoid the cringe grinding 4kk silver, wasting 10 USD at a game per month it's really hard for some people, especially if you can't enjoy every single day of it, and when you have time to play the server is crashing all the time.
      But.. If economy is that tight, why waste dollars playing this game? Wouldn't that be.. irresponsible?
    • nickarl wrote:

I'm from Brazil and the minimum wage here is 998 R$ (246 USD), if you wanna know this is not enough even for renting a "normal" house in a bad neighborhood, then you add some food for the month plus eletricity bill, (500 R$ minimum if you have a family).
      Listen, the Brasil wage has nothing to do with Albion Online. They offer a free to play game with an option of premium status that make your grind easier but cost you 10 bucks, non mandatory offer.

If you can't afford a premium status with irl monney you can either just stay f2p or grind silvers to buy premium. SBI won't deny you to play the game.
    • nickarl wrote:

I'll not even quote, i didn't said anything about albion makes me buy premium to play the game, neither that i can't afford it, just pointing out to the salty dude that made the topic crying about who is crying about wasted premium days, that's not everyone who can afford it and don't get mad if the server crashes.
      Salty is a bit of a reach there, mermao - and I'm pretty sure I specifically mentioned situations like yours and my understanding/empathy for them...

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like the crashes aren't annoying to me, and if they continue it may likely have an impact on whether or not I continue to purchase premium status, but I'm not going to wail and moan, then ask for a refund on $2.50. :-/

Some of y'all never got booted from a PvP battle because your mom picked up the phone to try making a call, and it shows.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• I've been playing two weeks. I've been able to purchase 3+ months of prem via silver. I earned 2m via rewards. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

I don't think people understand what's really involved in a high bandwidth/volume DDoS. Even mitigation requires bandwidth. But ya know, hey... why research when you can bitch - eh?

wHeReS mY rEfUnD!?
    • nickarl wrote:

No way kid I live in Brazil too and that argument is pretty stupid .. worst. I think is possible get premium-time in-game so easily and if think about another way: is not so expensive if you've a full-time job. Grow up!

Try to buy a beer(1 USD - 4.20 BRL) and think about it.

Large technical issues happens since UO started with MMORPG. Or if you played Tibia in 2000-2010 DDOS attacks freeze your mind, no just kick you from server.
    • Irana wrote:

nickarl wrote:

No way kid I live in Brazil too and that argument is pretty stupid .. worst. I think is possible get premium-time in-game so easily and if think about another way: is not so expensive if you've a full-time job. Grow up!

Try to buy a beer(1 USD - 4.20 BRL) and think about it.

Large technical issues happens since UO started with MMORPG. Or if you played Tibia in 2000-2010 DDOS attacks freeze your mind, no just kick you from server.
      Your premium is still payed by real money. It's just someone decided to trade it with you for your silver. So essentially people buying silver with real money. Then they buy gear which they loose due to disconnects and Albion staff considers it to be ok.