City refining bonuses no longer make sens and have to be removed.

• City refining bonuses no longer make sens and have to be removed.

City refining bonuses were added to create trade routes from Caerleon to smaller cities before the portals rework. Now, you don't even need to travel a single cluster to find the resource you would benefit from. Also, the latest portal changes created even more trade routes than before so the initial goal of the feature is already met by another game mechanic and by itself no longer make sens and should be removed.
      People set up shop in a city to have quick access to specific black zones continent not for its refining bonuses. People should not be penalized compared to others if their guilds are set in a city that does not offer a bonus to their main gathering spec.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rolu: Clarification on the last point. ().

• That's what transport mammoths are for! :)

I like the city refining bonuses, but it seems odd they don't fit the city. If only from a lore perspective, Lymhurst seems like it should know everything about wood refining, for instance.

Right now, though, Lymhurst is the place to gather wood, but Fort Sterling is the place to refine it (and their biome doesn't even have wood). I get that there are market considerations, but I don't understand them. What would be the problem with Lymhurst being the place to get planks, Bridgewatch being the place to get leather, etc.?

Would certainly give each city more of a unique identity. Could even adjust the item crafting bonuses to match: Bridgewatch is where you make leather armor, Thetford cloth armor, etc.
    • Barathorn wrote:

No issues with Royal City bonuses. Issues with BZ City plot bonuses though. Needs parity.
      Black zone city resource bonus is not that good tbh. Refining bonus is 46% while city is 53% this is 7% less with focus...
      City bonus without focus is 35% which is 11% less than the focus refining in city plot...
      Now go check how much it cost to get T8 buildings feed the town plot and the buildings.

He want it removed only cuz he is most probably based in Caerleon and is used to have everything the best without even moving his ass on a ox/mammoth
    • AcOrP wrote:

Barathorn wrote:

No issues with Royal City bonuses. Issues with BZ City plot bonuses though. Needs parity.
      Black zone city resource bonus is not that good tbh. Refining bonus is 46% while city is 53% this is 7% less with focus...City bonus without focus is 35% which is 11% less than the focus refining in city plot...
      Now go check how much it cost to get T8 buildings feed the town plot and the buildings.

He want it removed only cuz he is most probably based in Caerleon and is used to have everything the best without even moving his ass on a ox/mammoth
      I'm not even a gatherer/refiner, please tell us more about myself. You seem to know a lot.

I made this post because this feature was brought to the game now it's obsolete and has to be removed.
    • Rolu wrote:

Piddle wrote:

City bonuses are nice.
      Getting 10k gold daily would be nice too.
      It should not be in the game. I'm still waiting for VALID arguments.
      How about the current map is temporary until they finish the outlands rework. A rework that certainly looks like biome cities will feed exclusively into that same biome in the outlands.

Or, that the bonuses weren't just to drive trade between Caerleon and Outter cities, but between Outter cities.

Or, that people should absolutely be punished for their choices. If you choose to work out of a city with a lack of bonuses, that isn't a good reason for everyone else to not have the advantages you chose to deny yourself.

So, essentially, your arguments have completely failed to persuade me that the bonuses are anything but good for for the game.

The grass is always greener.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper