My suggested gameplay tweaks

• My suggested gameplay tweaks

Suggestion 1.
      Dungeons apply a death counter on players that take items from a dungeon area that has a boss linked to it, which can only be cancelled by defeating the relevant boss.

This is to stop players from being able to run past monsters in a dungeon, taking loot and leaving immediately.

Suggestion 2.
      Morgana Raven could have a 1/1000 chance to forage a Morgana Egg, which can be used to bake a Morgana Pie, which has the following effect:

For 30 minutes, being attacked by more than 1 player will increase your defence by 20%. This means, if you are not in a 1 on 1 situation, you will be given a greater chance of survival, which is removed once the battled reverts to a 1 on 1 fight.

Where 'x' is the player who has consumed the Morgana Pie

1 on x: No effect
      2 on x: Defence increased vs players by 20%
      3 on x: Defence increased vs players by 40%
      4 on x: Defence increased vs players by 60%
      5 on x: Defence increased vs players by 80%
      6 on x: Defence increased vs players by 100%

Suggestion 3.
      Wearing 3 pieces of the same class of armor grants a set effect. Only 3 need to be implemented; Cloth Armor, Leather Armor & Plate Armor. However, as there are multiple types of Cloth, Leather & Plate Armor (Artifact), the set effect could be applicable if a specific artifact set is used only.

An example would be:
      Plate Helmet, Plate Armor, Plate Boots applies a Plate Armor set effect

or

Guardian Plate Helmet, Guardian Plate Armor, Guardian Plate Boots applies a Plate Armor set effect.
      Although I enjoy mixing pieces of armor from various classes, I notice there is no substantial detriment to mixing them, and no substantial benefit to keeping a set of equipment purely based within a singular class.

Suggestion 4.
      A Tier 8 mount could be implemented that allows marking a node as 'claimed' for a limited amount of time. This would be so that if you are waiting by a node for 5 minutes and somebody else walks past it and sees it become available, they can't just take it and make your waiting time wasted.
      This would also benefit players who are actually there as opposed to any player who might be using a macro third party program to 'bot' their gathering.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion

The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• 1: I think devs have already fixed this.
      2: this mechanic already exists, it’s called Resilience, you’ll notice weapons have a stat called Resilience Penetration which is made to counter that.
      3: the game is all about mixing n matching gear so of course there are no downside to doing so. As it follows there’s no buff for being homogeneous.
      4: no, get there at the right time or fight for it. that sounds like a solution born from waiting by a node and still losing it.
    • owensssss wrote:

4: no, get there at the right time or fight for it. that sounds like a solution born from waiting by a node and still losing it.

notice i have the monster selected (red target circle)

I am planning to kill it so that when i gather the skyflower i wont be attacked.

If I get attacked by it i wont be able to complete my gather attempt, and somebody else could take it.

But this other player comes along and takes the skyflower. So what is the point of me killing the monster if I will have to wait for the skyflower to respawn once I've killed the monster?

You see, it's not like I'm afk or something. If I could claim the node temporaily, it would be worthwhile me kiling a boss to clear an area to get the node.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

1) As Owens said, it was a bug with some bosses
      2) What makes you think people won't bring a couple of alts outside the party with t3 spears and make the whole team ridiculously tanky? People already farm with scouts.And anyway, divers can also use that food - what does this solve?
      3) Again, what do you want to solve with this?
      4) If you leash the mob, it will attack the other person. If you gather, you probably have a gathering set and iirc all chest pieces got invis on them, so it's very easy.
    • Dacunetc wrote:

1) As Owens said, it was a bug with some bosses
      2) What makes you think people won't bring a couple of alts outside the party with t3 spears and make the whole team ridiculously tanky? People already farm with scouts.And anyway, divers can also use that food - what does this solve?
      3) Again, what do you want to solve with this?
      4) If you leash the mob, it will attack the other person. If you gather, you probably have a gathering set and iirc all chest pieces got invis on them, so it's very easy.
      what do you mean by 'leash' the mob?

Midgard wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

If I get attacked by it i wont be able to complete my gather attempt

and somebody else could take it.
      Tough!
      If i'm honest, I don't expect other players to think the same as I do but when I see someone taking a node I personally choose to take a different one.

That also means if someone is standing near a cluster of nodes that spawn witin the radius of a mount's buff. i find a different spot to gather.

It's called etiquette, something I don't expect many other albion players to understand. It certainly isn't the playing style of a neanderthal.

It's also the reason why I will never involve myself in a multi user gank vs a solo gatherer who is in gathering gear.

It's also the reason why I help new players rather than run a potato farming guild

I guess I'm straying into philosopy here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette

The post was edited 3 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• Leash and pull, are PvE terms. To pull a mob is to grab it’s agro/attention and have it run to you. Leashing is when you pull a mob and then run outside of its effective range so it de-agros and resets

Your etiquette is holding you back. Those “Neanderthals” are more successful than you so who’s rly got the smart strategy?
    • owensssss wrote:

Leash and pull, are PvE terms. To pull a mob is to grab it’s agro/attention and have it run to you. Leashing is when you pull a mob and then run outside of its effective range so it de-agros and resets

Your etiquette is holding you back. Those “Neanderthals” are more successful than you so who’s rly got the smart strategy?
      yeah, you're right

that'sa good point y'know

okay

time for me to start pking in yellow

Qolkkalom wrote:

Yep, so after aggroing mob and using invis there is high chance that mob will turn on your "non-etiquette" client.
      However "baguiette" behavior are very welcome in my pressence o/
      a guy tried to lure a boss at me once

was kinda funny

i suppose he was trying to check if i was a bot or not
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Suggestion 3.
      Wearing 3 pieces of the same class of armor grants a set effect. Only 3 need to be implemented; Cloth Armor, Leather Armor & Plate Armor. However, as there are multiple types of Cloth, Leather & Plate Armor (Artifact), the set effect could be applicable if a specific artifact set is used only.

I like this one, but make the bonus small enough so that mixing things up is still very viable.
      Something like +5-10% damage or max health or whatever.

I find it really funny that you can wear a cloth robe and some plate helmet and plate boots and that can actually be better than wearing all cloth or all plate. lol. Who would do that? Beware the mage with heavy plate boots.
    • Falk_ wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Suggestion 3.
      I like this one, but make the bonus small enough so that mixing things up is still very viable.
      Something like +5-10% damage or max health or whatever.

I find it really funny that you can wear a cloth robe and some plate helmet and plate boots and that can actually be better than wearing all cloth or all plate. lol. Who would do that? Beware the mage with heavy plate boots.
      exactly! trust me, i am the one player you will find who literally refuses to use 3 types of armor from the same class at the moment.

This suggestion is what it would take for me to even consider puring a class haha

3 pieces of plate?

Abilities > Material.
    • 1) Like they said before, I think this is fixed for looting boss chest, but if you want to just fight the boss for the chest and not the other mobs in the dungeon, you should be able to do it.
      2) I don't see you point to that buff of defense against players, Albion is all about hardcore PvP.

3) I REALLY get you here, I have some level of OCD myself, would be nice to have some form of sets in Albion, maybe wearing the same type, maybe new items, I like the suggestion here. BUT!
      Albion has this freedom to be what you wear, and if you can wear a lot of different variety of items then you have a lot of different combinations and all them being equaly viable is really good.
      So, maybe just adding some buff to wearing set pieces would just limit viable possibilities instead of being fun.
      Some time ago I suggested that they add some kind of "Transmog" or "Appearence" that change the visual of your items, then not every single damage dealer in the game would wear cloth for example.
      Transmog please

4) I would love some ideas to make bot life more difficult, but this is not one of them.