How to price 6.1 Soldiers Boots (Masterpiece)

• How to price 6.1 Soldiers Boots (Masterpiece)

Hi all,

I created a bunch of these things earlier and luckily created a Masterpiece giving the boots IP of 1082. That's 10 more IP than the 6.2 version of standard quality.
      I saw on the marketplace 2 other of these boots priced at 350000 and above. I think that's a bit much considering the general demand for the item.

I do not want to waste the boots, I certainly don't want to study them and I never use them myself so can someone help me? Should I attempt to sell them or maybe put them on the Black Market?
    • Samashaus wrote:

I chose to study them. Couldn't be assed fighting with the people who babysit the auctions when I actually wanna go out and do stuff.
      I hate the market so much that I try to spend the minimum amount of time standing in front of it as I can. Your post actually made me go look. Which is why I found a pair that I had listed a while ago that had been buried. It's weird for that to happen and so I checked the prices of the 2 items that create an upper boundary on the price of 6.1 MP Soldier boots.

So, if someone can just walk up to the Market and buy 24 T6 Runes and a pair of T6 MP Soldier Boots for 89k silver, and then do a little walking and clicking to get a pair of 6.1 MP Boots. They aren't going to pay a huge amount more to save the walking and clicking.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

So, if someone can just walk up to the Market and buy 24 T6 Runes and a pair of T6 MP Soldier Boots for 89k silver, and then do a little walking and clicking to get a pair of 6.1 MP Boots. They aren't going to pay a huge amount more to save the walking and clicking.
      flat 4 faction capes are usually more expensive than 4.1 or even 4.2 sometimes... not everyone knows basic game mechanics :whistling:
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Piddle wrote:

flat 4 faction capes are usually more expensive than 4.1 or even 4.2 sometimes... not everyone knows basic game mechanics :whistling:
      While you are absolutely correct that enough people don't know about the enchantment process for the prices to be a bit wonky. I did list mine for about 10k silver more than the parts alone, for that reason and just monetizing laziness. The BM also just has a huge influence on some prices and its not that strange to find that the price for flat items goes above .1. Capes are particularly sensitive to it.

The way the BM handles Capes/Bags specifically is both ridiculous, and hilarious, to me. But, it's fun. I've lost track of the number of people who, in shushed tones and with assurance I would not tell another soul, tell me about their secret money making method of either buying cheap bags/capes or crafting bags/capes and then selling them to the BM for silver. The hunger The Great Machine has for capes and bags is overwhelming compared to any other item.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper