[May 20th] Server Issues

    • ErikM wrote:

      First of all most of the People that are angry now have the right to be angry. Losing Gear/Money even if ist virtual can be frustating because you worked for it in any kind of way.
      On the other Hand you have to understand that getting attacked by ddos is not a developers fault. You should hate the attackers not the People who try their best to get your game back going.

      When it comes to compensation developers could think over arround 3 days of prem for everyone in some future days. :)
      im not sure if its not the devs fault because other games dont get ddosed and albion got 10000 times since release.
    • Last night I had a Windows Update and this morning a certificate expired for combase.dll and then EasyCheat didn't let me get on for a little. Now I can log in and the certificate was sorted apparently. Are these related? Is the culprit EasyCheat bugging out cause of a certificate flub by Microsoft Update?
    • То чуство когда первый раз решил купить прем чтобы купить остров и выращивать морковку и сразу серваки легли. Наверно веселая ферма досит =)
    • Between the people begging for free shit and the ignorant people saying "JuSt FiX tHe SeRvErS" it really makes you laugh at how dumb some people can be.

      Literally just fking chill and wait it out, this shit will literally be a non-factor to your playing experience once it's fixed and done with and will most likely be forgotten.

      Also, stop asking for free shit, it's their game and they can damn well do as they please, they owe you nothing, we're consumers and they're a business, they have no reason to go out of their way to compensate you for anything you lost.

      Lastly, to the morons who act like "counter measures" are a sure fire fix for ddosing, go do some actual research into how ddos protection works before you start typing dumb shit, it's a much more complicated process then it looks like, if it was easy ddosing would literally be a non-factor for most businesses, but sadly it still is a huge issue.

      Expect nothing when servers are fixed and if you lost shit, go earn it back.
    • MrNightsky wrote:

      ErikM wrote:

      First of all most of the People that are angry now have the right to be angry. Losing Gear/Money even if ist virtual can be frustating because you worked for it in any kind of way.
      On the other Hand you have to understand that getting attacked by ddos is not a developers fault. You should hate the attackers not the People who try their best to get your game back going.

      When it comes to compensation developers could think over arround 3 days of prem for everyone in some future days. :)
      im not sure if its not the devs fault because other games dont get ddosed and albion got 10000 times since release.
      ErikM, for sure. 3-7 days of premium for each dead players got should be acceptable (base on lost fame). I had similar story with my ISP and with my TV provider. ISP gave me a month for free, because of DDOS and TV provider opened for me a premium TV subscription for 3 months. I hope, the devs are not stupid and they will make a proper steps before players leave this game (Don't repeat the release :D)
    • Mrnin wrote:

      MrNightsky wrote:

      ErikM wrote:

      First of all most of the People that are angry now have the right to be angry. Losing Gear/Money even if ist virtual can be frustating because you worked for it in any kind of way.
      On the other Hand you have to understand that getting attacked by ddos is not a developers fault. You should hate the attackers not the People who try their best to get your game back going.

      When it comes to compensation developers could think over arround 3 days of prem for everyone in some future days. :)
      im not sure if its not the devs fault because other games dont get ddosed and albion got 10000 times since release.
      ErikM, for sure. 3-7 days of premium for each dead players got should be acceptable (base on lost fame). I had similar story with my ISP and with my TV provider. ISP gave me a month for free, because of DDOS and TV provider opened for me a premium TV subscription for 3 months. I hope, the devs are not stupid and they will make a proper steps before players leave this game (Don't repeat the release :D)
      Alright, let's speculate that the devs do give a "compensation" for this happening to there servers, then what? you get 3-7 days of premium and now ddosers everywhere will start ddosing for these "compensations", if you give anything, you're literally inviting people to continue doing it, the best thing to do is not give any attention to it past trying to fix it. use your brain.
    • I lost stuff too and i want to be compensated. Also when real life is mean with me, I demand and cry to be compensated as well. I am that kind of child.
      I'm a momma's pussy boy

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ButtKiss: I typed MAN instead of CHILD ().

    • SilenceAwaits wrote:

      Alright, let's speculate that the devs do give a "compensation" for this happening to there servers, then what? you get 3-7 days of premium and now ddosers everywhere will start ddosing for these "compensations", if you give anything, you're literally inviting people to continue doing it, the best thing to do is not give any attention to it past trying to fix it. use your brain.
      For sure, I have played this game since beta. I am playing this game because its kind of game I like, but there is tuns of stuff, when AO developers put shit on our heads. Most of F2P players dont care about what was happening in game before F2P release. But when they sad: This is player driven economy game, soo we increase the drop chance in hellgates by x5 (it changed the market a lot), but if we give u lost items in HG (even u win the fight inside) it is going to break the economy. This is like telling me: hey man, gtfo u will play this game anyway because ultima online is dead and other games on same style are not released yet.
    • Mrnin wrote:

      SilenceAwaits wrote:

      Alright, let's speculate that the devs do give a "compensation" for this happening to there servers, then what? you get 3-7 days of premium and now ddosers everywhere will start ddosing for these "compensations", if you give anything, you're literally inviting people to continue doing it, the best thing to do is not give any attention to it past trying to fix it. use your brain.
      For sure, I have played this game since beta. I am playing this game because its kind of game I like, but there is tuns of stuff, when AO developers put shit on our heads. Most of F2P players dont care about what was happening in game before F2P release. But when they sad: This is player driven economy game, soo we increase the drop chance in hellgates by x5 (it changed the market a lot), but if we give u lost items in HG (even u win the fight inside) it is going to break the economy. This is like telling me: hey man, gtfo u will play this game anyway because ultima online is dead and other games on same style are not released yet.
      What i was telling you is that rewarding players when something bad happens that's not DIRECTLY THEIR FAULT is a terrible idea, if they make the mistake, i 100% support the idea of compensation, because at the end of the day it's their fault, but to say that we should be compensated for something they have no control over is just plain stupid.
    • Bondeedo wrote:

      Roll back the servers, only right thing to do once you fix this issue....
      That's not true at all, if they roll back the server, it won't only be the people who lost stuff from it that are pissed off that it happened to begin with, those who were not even affected will then have their hard work taken away from them. instead of pissing off the entire community, it's probably better to only piss off a minority then the entire playerbase.
    • Mrnin wrote:

      SilenceAwaits wrote:

      Alright, let's speculate that the devs do give a "compensation" for this happening to there servers, then what? you get 3-7 days of premium and now ddosers everywhere will start ddosing for these "compensations", if you give anything, you're literally inviting people to continue doing it, the best thing to do is not give any attention to it past trying to fix it. use your brain.
      For sure, I have played this game since beta. I am playing this game because its kind of game I like, but there is tuns of stuff, when AO developers put shit on our heads. Most of F2P players dont care about what was happening in game before F2P release. But when they sad: This is player driven economy game, soo we increase the drop chance in hellgates by x5 (it changed the market a lot), but if we give u lost items in HG (even u win the fight inside) it is going to break the economy. This is like telling me: hey man, gtfo u will play this game anyway because ultima online is dead and other games on same style are not released yet.
      So because they changed the game to make different activities more appealing and as a result changed up how the market acted....they should give people gear that they lost from an outside attack on their servers? That is like saying that when an new meta emerges and different items are suddenly more/less valuable you should be reimbursed if you had a vested interest in something that is now considered worthless.... The changes keep the game changing and market shakeups are just one of those changes... DDOS attacks suck, but just step away from the game for half a day and it will be like it never happened
      Glaive (rip)
      Infernal #1 :D ...ALSO RIP
      I am also eternally poor.