[May 20th] Server Issues

• GeekyPirate wrote:

I've experienced and dealt with some DDoS. They are a real pain in the ass. These days you really need to know a thing or two about security when it comes to guarding whatever service you put out there.
      This is old news and supposedly resolved almost 2 years ago through increased security measures.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

This is old news and supposedly resolved almost 2 years ago through increased security measures.

Well, i'm not going to argue that. I'm just saying that they might have invested in solutions. It's hard to tell for us players. DDoS attacks can be bought easily, as an product on the inter/darknet. Some solutions - such as i.e. Cloudflare Spectrum as suggested - might not be as efficient as others. I'm sure that might be a fine service, I'm just saying that there is two sides to this. Also take in consideration that each attack could have had different magnitudes. There is nothing that money can't buy when it comes to these things.

It's easy, and to my honest opinion a tad unfair to say that they do nothing. While we know for a fact that they are working on it as we speak.

The post was edited 3 times, last by GeekyPirate: Adding the quote. Adding opinion. ().

• Midgard wrote:

GeekyPirate wrote:

I've experienced and dealt with some DDoS. They are a real pain in the ass. These days you really need to know a thing or two about security when it comes to guarding whatever service you put out there.
      You seem pretty ignorant as to what ddos protection really is so let me teach you. Additional security measures typically mean buying an affordable protection plan from a third party to help vet all incoming traffic to your website, the amount of protection you get is dependent on how much you are willing to spend for it, as a result, they probably got a plan to deal with medium/weak ddosing issues. The problem is that larger attacks (usually done by a botnet) can differ in huge amounts depending on how much someone wants to pay for access to a bot net (companies like microsoft and even government websites have been ddosed for multiple days before), so to say it's "Resolved" is completely wrong, what they did was add additional security (think of it as adding another layer of protection), but in this case the attack got through all the layers they have to work with. The only solution is realisticly to block all incoming traffic from specfic addresses that are coming from the botnet attack.
    • Elsa wrote:

Hey everyone,

For the past 45 minutes we have been experiencing issues with the server which causes lag and frequent disconnects. Based on our traffic data, we are suspecting a DDoS attack.

Our developers are working hard on resolving the issue and we will keep you updated here.

Thank you for bearing with us.

UPDATE:

Elsa wrote:

We have now deployed some counter-measures. Please let us know if you still experience any problems.

Elsa & Dev Team
      WE WANT OUR ITEMS BACK
    • Free premium time? Are u guys kidding me???
      My guild spent something like 20KK to get a terry, in the way for our first GVG we lost gear on black zones DC's, then just when the GVG starts everyone in the team got DC, when we came back the enemies had taken all points... yeah, we lose our terry for lag and dc problems, we didnt had a fair fight fuk off...

Funny thing is, seems like russians didnt had any kind of problem during that...
      Free premium time is not enough, roll back and fair fight for terry.
    • Huldran wrote:

Free premium time? Are u guys kidding me???
      My guild spent something like 20KK to get a terry, in the way for our first GVG we lost gear on black zones DC's, then just when the GVG starts everyone in the team got DC, when we came back the enemies had taken all points... yeah, we lose our terry for lag and dc problems, we didnt had a fair fight fuk off...

Funny thing is, seems like russians didnt had any kind of problem during that...
      cool story bro
    • Huldran wrote:

Free premium time? Are u guys kidding me???

That's pretty damn narcissistic.
    • Blytz wrote:

Again, just started getting disconnects, chat disconnects and completely kicked out of the game. Stuck at connecting now...
      Same... 30 minutes game worked almost fine, and now, 2 disconnects in just 2 minutes...
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8