[May 20th] Server Issues

• tellamore wrote:

Elsa wrote:

Hey everyone,

For the past 45 minutes we have been experiencing issues with the server which causes lag and frequent disconnects. Based on our traffic data, we are suspecting a DDoS attack.

Our developers are working hard on resolving the issue and we will keep you updated here.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Elsa & Dev Team
      the last 45 minutes ?? good joke

you mean the last 45 days, or
      i agree, allot of people are having this problem since i got back to the game after the first week in release.
    • No, but like Chris Robert, who was bought by an independent American company "Clive Calder (his "family office") and Keith Calder's Snoot Entertainment".

cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/le…-chairman/investment-news

Limit asking for a financial sector that has money to help you and go to hell, pay you real servers, enough to have teams running so you don't ruin your health and avoid crunch too often.

Details, is that AO has started legal proceedings against the Goldshellers or just the several websites that are still visible looking for it "Albion online GoldSellers"?

Translated with DeepL.com/Translator @Evoque @Elsa @Eltharyon @Amoebius76
    • Qrel wrote:

cloudflare.com/lp/ddos-x/?_bt=…EJ6nYkc5_b-caAopiEALw_wcB

For every problem there is a solution thanks me later.

Standard Cloudflare wouldn't work for game servers... Cloudflare is mainly for HTTP(S) websites. A game using TCP/UDP/Websocket connections would need to use something like Cloudflare Spectrum or something like Azure Relays in order to provide DDoS mitigation and load balancing.
    • Elsa wrote:

Hey everyone,

For the past 45 minutes we have been experiencing issues with the server which causes lag and frequent disconnects. Based on our traffic data, we are suspecting a DDoS attack.

Our developers are working hard on resolving the issue and we will keep you updated here.

Elsa & Dev Team
      @Elsa @Korn @Eltharyon

Seriously? This is starting to sound old. You apparently suffered from DDOS attacks in the past and supposedly took measures to ensure this wouldnt be an issue. And all of a sudden it is again? What happened to the measures that were put in place?

This is right up there with the black screens problem. This has been happening for literally years and your solution always seems to be a server restart. Thats not a solution .. its a bandaid. If black screen problems are occuring consistently over years there is a problem. What it it? Why arent you resolving it? Why is a server restart for a temp fix the only thing you ever do?

Seriously, the DDOS and black screens are an embarrassment ... sort it out or at least be honest about it .. its all sounding a bit like you havent a fucking clue how to fix your game.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Elsa wrote:

Hey everyone,

Elsa & Dev Team
      @Elsa @Korn @Eltharyon
      Seriously? This is starting to sound old. You apparently suffered from DDOS attacks in the past and supposedly took measures to ensure this wouldnt be an issue. And all of a sudden it is again? What happened to the measures that were put in place?

This is right up there with the black screens problem. This has been happening for literally years and your solution always seems to be a server restart. Thats not a solution .. its a bandaid. If black screen problems are occuring consistently over years there is a problem. What it it? Why arent you resolving it? Why is a server restart for a temp fix the only thing you ever do?

Seriously, the DDOS and black screens are an embarrassment ... sort it out or at least be honest about it .. its all sounding a bit like you havent a fucking clue how to fix your game.
      The fact that you think you can "take measures" and then be entirely fine from any sort of DDOS attack forevermore is kinda of astounding.

I would love to stop crashing when I zone into different areas seemingly at random but I am not going to put that and a DDOS attack in the same category
      Glaive (rip)
      Infernal #1 :D ...ALSO RIP
      I am also eternally poor.
    • This thread has been nothing but ignorant people who have no clue just how hard it is to protect yourself from a ddos attack (even huge companies can be ddosed, ddos protection is literally just a system that checks incoming packets to see if they're real) and people begging for returns on gear that they lost because they RISKED IT IN A FULL LOOT ZONE - Moral of the story, ya'll need to stfu and wait it out, just be thankful that the entire game isn't completely down and they seem to be taking measures to weaken the attack to a point where it's manageable. If you really want to get gear back, go do hell zones or RD's till you can afford to not cry when you die.
    • SilenceAwaits wrote:

This thread has been nothing but ignorant people who have no clue just how hard it is to protect yourself from a ddos attack (even huge companies can be ddosed, ddos protection is literally just a system that checks incoming packets to see if they're real) and people begging for returns on gear that they lost because they RISKED IT IN A FULL LOOT ZONE - Moral of the story, ya'll need to stfu and wait it out, just be thankful that the entire game isn't completely down and they seem to be taking measures to weaken the attack to a point where it's manageable. If you really want to get gear back, go do hell zones or RD's till you can afford to not cry when you die.
      That's all good and fun, but some ppl lost GvGs because of it and one of the teams got disconnected and the other didn't and so the connected team took all the points without opposition. I'd like to see some evidence of DDoS, otherwise it seems like an infrastructure problem. Since last patch it's happened at more or less the same time every day almost consistently.
    • I've experienced and dealt with some DDoS. They are a real pain in the ass. These days you really need to know a thing or two about security when it comes to guarding whatever service you put out there. I hope the devs can sort this out and find a affordable solution to the problems they are experiencing. I'm just going to wait this out. Was hoping to play some i'll be honest with that but tomorrow another day :)

A rollback would actually be a quite drastic measure if you ask me, rollbacks should always be last resorts. Rollbacks result in a direct loss of data (or gain for those who lost it). I understand that some people where in unfortunate places when the DDoS hit. They should think about looking at those specific cases and recover, if applicable, per valid case. That's a lot of work, but that seems most fair to be honest. Think of how many people might NOT have lost items or had denial of their service. Bluezoners, beginners that are just gathering.

I think it's quite selfish to request a rollback because you, as a single player, lost items.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GeekyPirate: Adding my reaction on the rollbacks people request. ().